PDA

View Full Version : Save Your Money!!! (In-Game $ That is)

FalseHope4829
11-06-2007, 05:59 AM
It is already known that the unlock all songs in quickplay cheat will get you your Track Master Achiv. Don't waste your $ on guitars at first because I proved through Activision that to get the Axe Collector Achiv, as well as 2 others, that to get all the guitars you need to 5 star every song on every difficulty. But what may not be known is that the game does not save till after you leave the store. But you can get the achievement while you are in the store. So to put it simply, save up a whole lotta $ w/o spending any. Go into the store and buy all the characters. The achievement will unlock. Don't leave the store. Shut down your 360 right after. Load up your file and the money you just spent will be there. You will not have those characters to use, but you can use your loot for other things.

Valkynaz
11-06-2007, 06:10 AM
I looked at the topic title and I thought I should've saved my money for CoD 4. j/k

Neversoft could have made the game better w/ the achievements... -.-

Fire Mage
11-06-2007, 06:17 AM
I looked at the topic title and I thought I should've saved my money for CoD 4. Neversoft fucked up another great game w/ gay achievements... -.-
Achievements don't make the game. They're supposed to be fun, but they don't matter when it comes down to it.

Also, I'm tired of this "impossible" attitude. They're not impossible. Sure, some are stupid like the regular controller ones, but everything's not too bad. It'll just take a lot of practice and playing, which shouldn't matter if you enjoy the game.

The biggest thing I think they need is Online Co-Op Career.

Valkynaz
11-06-2007, 06:34 AM
Achievements don't make the game. They're supposed to be fun, but they don't matter when it comes down to it.

Even though that is true most of the time, this website was made basically for helping each other get achievements for games.

Dr Buttcrack
11-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Don't play the game for achievements. This is the 3rd one, so Neversoft wanted to give all the long time fans achievements that would actually be challenging. Most people who aren't that good at GH aren't gonna care about achievements anyway, they know that. So if you're wanting some quick points, play Cars and don't bitch about this game and it's achievements.

shiningcheese
11-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Its not that the achievements are hard for me on Guitar Hero. At least for the single player achievements. I really hate that for the co-op achievements that both accounts playing don't get the achievements because thats just dumb. Co-op means that it is a "team" effort and both deserve to get the achievement they earned, not play everything twice. If you look at how many times you already have to beat the career in single player mode and coop mode then learn for coop you have to beat it twice for your partner to get them too is just too many times. Especially having to play through easy and medium, I hate to sound like an ass but they are toooo easy. I miss notes because they aren't played along in rhythm with the song like expert and hard.

Anyway, back to the topic (sorry for the tangent, too lazy to hit 'delete'). If you can play through hard or expert (not necessarily 5*) you get more money than you would any song on easy or medium. If I remember right, you get $1200 for every song you 5* on hard (1st tier is really easy, especially slow ride) and $1800 for every song on expert (1st tier is also easy) so this would make getting the items in the store real quick and easy. By the time I made it to the 8th tier on expert (started on expert) I had enough money to buy all the songs and characters (just enough left for lou when unlocked).

KingGotenW
11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Even though that is true most of the time, this website was made basically for helping each other get achievements for games.

yes i did join the website to get achievments now i enjoy using it because of the help and tips i can get and share with others...

achievments can make or break a game. but if you buy a game off the achievments probablt not a good idea.

this game has some IMPOSSIBLE achievments but i still enjoy the game and achievments that i can get

Illution
11-07-2007, 04:16 AM
AHHH got dang I'm the stupidest person evarz.. I just spent all my money on random guitars totally KNOWING that I can't get that achievement.. DOH! hahahaha oh well I still got expert to beat so I'll be fine :)

EDIT: OOOOHHHH 500 POSTS!!!!! :D

Fire Mage
11-07-2007, 04:49 AM
See Dr. Buttcrack's post.

And anyway, not to join in with the moaning but it is true like I said before, they made some stupid moves. I agree with the playing through Co-Op twice thing.

There's so many glitches in this game, I hope they send a patch our way.

Valkynaz
11-07-2007, 07:20 PM
EDIT: OOOOHHHH 500 POSTS!!!!! :D

Congradulations. ^_^