PDA

View Full Version : Possible competition

jackanape
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Not sure where to post this, so I thought it could live under the auspices of Feedback as it is generally an idea for the site.

I recently bought an Elite and endured the horrific wait for the Data Migration Kit that many others have probably had to suffer through. Now that all of my memory is safely stored in my shiny new black box I thought I could pass on the cable to someone else - saving them a months wait.

So my plan was to run a kind of mini competition, whereby I would play one game exclusively for a week or so and people would have to guess how many points I would be able to get. Whoever got it right would get the cable.

I figured a game like Dead Rising, or similar, with 50 achievements for 20 points each. As that way fifty people can guess (from 20-1000 points, each slot on a first come basis) and it would motivate me to play a game that has been sat in my house untouched for a long time.

Of course this could be a complete waste of time and require waaaaaay too much effort - in which case I would be happy to just donate the cable to the site for a future competition or a random name generator between whoever wants it.

Just trying to have a bit of fun and help someone out at the same time. Let me know.

Skillet
11-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't know if that's really allowed here... might fall under the "trading games" rules. I think the only thing that's allowed is posting links to one of your auctions on eBay. Of course, I'm sure x360a wouldn't mind taking it for a contest though most people who need it already have it or got rid of it by now.

jackanape
11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
I figure most people might already have one if they needed it, but if I can help someone out in anyway then I am happy to hand it over. I would, of course, not be asking for anything in return as I know that is frowned upon.