PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to call it? Feedback wanted.

killlah631
11-07-2007, 02:29 AM
Didn't give it too much thought but for some reason it just came to my head. Having a main forum called...not sure...but then inside it have sub-forums for each country, then inside like for example in the United States, have sub-forums for all the states. It would make for a great way to meet friends all into gaming, maybe find out you live close to someone, go have a couple drinks and a nice gaming session:drunk. It would be a ridiculous amount of work, because people would have to post their location, and then from there new threads would need to be made for each one etc...If Admins granted me the power I'd direct it all and set it all up and update it and whatnot, I mean hey, got nothing better to do, except game! No idea where the idea just randomly came from, but give some feedback.

razzleson
11-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Hm, I don't know. The only thing I have against it is it would be a bitch to moderate.

Even if we did just the United States, we're talking 50 threads.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of being able to congregate and play video games. If it weren't for Creech living so close to me I doubt we'd play games and chat as much as we do.

killlah631
11-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Yeah, like I said I'm willing to moderate it, that is if you wanted me to. It would be a bitch but I'd put the time in to take care of it. I think it is good though, I play a lot with people from school and work, etc. and it is cool knowing who they are and all that.

Shinobi273
11-07-2007, 02:54 AM
The United States is a big country though, you might need it to be state by state. At least by time zone, I know how hard it is to get together with with East Coast from the West Coast.

Minty
11-07-2007, 03:12 AM
Is way to much to have, and the only people that can mod it are staff, and the only people that can add the 60 odd threads that would be needed are Admin.

Plus, we trialed it once and it didnt get used

Zef
11-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I think that would segregate the site. The whole point of 'live' is that it allows people from different backgrounds, countries etc to join together in a single experience.

Also you have to think about the people on here that don't come from Britain or the US. I mean there might only be 1 member here from Russia, or Paraguay or etc etc and it may alienate those members.

Also in the US the states are so large that you may live furter away from someone in the same state as some of us do from different countries in Europe.

Nice idea however I prefer our universal system.

BTW I have met people from live before (UK) several times for a beer etc.

The logic of we English, that's what makes us great =)

There is no point having a community site if you want to start splitting people up. If you want to meet people then go to the Member Profiles forums and lurk there until you spot someone who lives close to you if that is the only thing that makes someone worth playing with. Just think of x360a as one big, reasonably neutral congregation of similarly minded individuals sharing varying degrees of mutual characteristics and lifestyle choices. Or something.

Bodangles
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
i don't think it so much as segregating the site as it is really uniting the members of the site. it's like a match.com for gamers. people find others in their area and meet with them in real life. it's a great idea, but it is a lot. just thought i'd preach the good side of it :).

Soulfly Switch
11-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Awsome idea. Just think of the lan possibilities and peeps to meet. Always fun to meet fellow gamers. Also an easy way to trade games to one another as well. Good idea.

killlah631
11-09-2007, 03:43 AM
Yeah that's what I was getting at. I don't feel it will segregate people from the rest of the community.