PDA

View Full Version : To Get or Not To Get Poll

Barakar
11-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Got a suggestion!
Maybe in the stickied Game Info thread for each game, get a poll in there too. To vote wether or not the game is worth getting, get more of an opinion, and would cut down on the threads asking how good such and such game is. I for one struggle deciding what arcade games to get, even after reading reviews, so this would help me and alot of other people i'd magine.

Shaaady Souljah
11-07-2007, 02:56 PM
it's a good idea, but in the end, your opinion is the only one that matters when deciding between games. 10 people could all say game A is better than game B, but you could end up wishing you went with game B.

the best thing is to research the game here and at other places, and then base it off of your tastes and preferences... but we may implement something like that with a rating scale (from 1-10, maybe) for games.

Mr Arrow
11-07-2007, 05:01 PM
it's a good idea, but in the end, your opinion is the only one that matters when deciding between games. 10 people could all say game A is better than game B, but you could end up wishing you went with game B.

the best thing is to research the game here and at other places, and then base it off of your tastes and preferences... but we may implement something like that with a rating scale (from 1-10, maybe) for games.

Now that's a much better idea. I'm sure I'm not the only one who see's these "what should I do" polls as a total waste of time, and a meger cry for attention.

A rating scale poll would be good, but it would have to have a limited voting window so in 18 months time some new tool of a member does post something deeply meaning full like: THIS GAME SUX.

Zef
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Polls regarding buyability have already been suggested to cut back on 'Shud eye rent diz?' threads. If you don't know whether to get a game then try a demo, if that doesn't help then read a review. You might not find them as helpful when deciding, but you will get a hell of a lot more info from a review than just a number decided by random people from the internet. Just harass some of the reviewers into doing arcade reviews for you or check out some of the sites that have reviewed every game and their mother.

Clipse 2
11-08-2007, 05:47 PM
...but we may implement something like that with a rating scale (from 1-10, maybe) for games.
The problem I can see with this, and its guaranteed to happen, but there will be some people who will vote on what they think based off a demo of the game before it even comes out. This isn't fair to the game at all and then there are some who will be "all or nothing" reviewers; either its a 9 or 10, or a 1 or 2 nothing in between. If people post why they selected a specific grade for a game it could spur flaming between haters and fanboys. Think of Halo and how many 10's it'll receive, but then on the other hand you'll have a decent number of 6/7's from those who aren't fans, next thing you know someone's calling another one gay for having an opinion. It's a good idea though don't get me wrong, I'm just not sure some members will take it seriously enough to be allowed to do this.