PDA

View Full Version : Alphabetical Listing??

marcodecca
11-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Ive been thinking about this for quite some time, but is there a reason that the listing of "Retail Games" "Arcade Games" "Japaneese Games" on the main page isnt listed by letter?

For example, when you click on "Retail Games" it lists every game that has come out in retail, with that list nearing 215+ games it is getting quite annoying scrolling through all of them, or having to press "CTRL+F" and start typing the name of a game to find it on the list. Is there a way that the Mods, or the Admins of the site could implement some sort of listing?

I mean links that are clickable. For example, you have the first link being "0-9" and all of the games that have titles starting with numbers are listed under that link. The next link would be "A" and all the games whose title starts with "A" would be lalphabetically listed under there, so on and so forth for the rest of the alphabet.

So when you click on retail it will automatically bring you to the first list, but at the top it will have all of the other lists that you can then click on to go to the game that you need help on.

Maybe its just me being lazy, but if anyone else has anything to say on this please do.

And as always, Mods and Admins:
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

-MarcoDecca

The Pants Party
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Well, the links on the main page are by convenience. Most people go for retail first since like you said, that has the most games.

As for the extra links to break up the retail page, that has been discussed and will most likely be put into place at some point. It would most likely just be a bunch of links at the top that would shoot you down the page, rather than links that would take you to a whole different page.

Shaaady Souljah
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Pants summed up it nicely, of course... but also...

Maybe its just me being lazy
This too. Ctrl+F is not much more work than clicking on a letter. ;)

marcodecca
11-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Thats what I meant Pants. I was just trying to state that the page that you get to after clicking the "Retail" link or whatever should have the letters up top. I never thought about doing it on the same page and whenever you click a link it takes you to the first game that starts with that letter. But I'm glad to hear that something of that sort will be put to action soon.

This too. Ctrl+F is not much more work than clicking on a letter. ;)

Its not the fact that I have to click a letter, its more of the fact that I use the scroll wheel on my mouse more than I use CTRL + F so I often find myself scrolling a good couple of times to get to the bottom, or to the "T" section(what can I say, alot of good games have come out that start with T).