PDA

View Full Version : Help on Charlie Don't Surf

TheIcemanCometh
11-08-2007, 11:57 AM
How the h*ll do I get through the TV station room to get to the second floor (Veteran)? I've tried for more than a couple hours now, and there's just too many enemies throwing too many grenades for me to get through. Damn this is a hard section.

I've tried taking it slow through the three rooms directly ahead as you enter, I've tried chucking grenades to the far corner as I go down the right side, and I've even tried charging through the center of the room going to the far corner, chucking as I go. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

flake
11-08-2007, 12:13 PM
It took me forever to but what i did is dont go straight turn and go to the right throw granades in all windows and by the door they are all coming out of. DONT stop keep moving if you sit around and try to pick them off like i did they just keep respawning and throwing nades.if you make it around room to that door they were running out of it should say something then door will open.Hope this helps

TriesButFails
11-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Yea on Veteran this took me awhile but I ran straight for where they come out, throw grenades there are hide in that main door where they all come out....they will stop once you take the spawn point.

basiclly what flake said

pongsifu
11-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Well, I don't know what you guys were doing wrong but I had no trouble at all on this part...I beat it without dying a single time.

Although I took a much slower approach than you guys. Here's what I did. As soon as you walk out of the server room and into the cubicle main area walk just far enough for the enemies to spawn and then sprint back to the server room. From there, using a sniper rifle I picked off all the guys for about 10 minutes, they stop respawning in huge swaths about then and only a couple guys should be at the far end of the station, then I crouched down and walked across to the rooms and my guys cleaned up the rest.

Basically I sniped the entire room.

Pouper
11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Pick up sniper at start of level and go to town on the baddies.

TheIcemanCometh
11-08-2007, 03:41 PM
So is it actually worth it to restart the entire level just to go back to get the Sniper Rifle? I currently don't have it, but if it would make it that much easier to get through the section, then I have no problems with starting over to get it.

The Wicker Man
11-08-2007, 05:07 PM
So is it actually worth it to restart the entire level just to go back to get the Sniper Rifle? I currently don't have it, but if it would make it that much easier to get through the section, then I have no problems with starting over to get it.

NO!! dont do restart. just go back outside and head thru the ruble near a jeep there is a snipe or go up those stairs where u find the intel and get a grenade stacked kalishnikov and a snipe.

willcrazyiii
11-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Here is what you do. Run ahead to get the enemies to spawn (throw a grenade if you want), then go back to where you came in and crouch down near those cubicles. Turn 90 degrees, and start crouch gunning your way down that side. If you need to, there are tiny rooms you can go into to hide if there are just to many grenades. Just circle around this way, your teammates will come help you, and just stay crouched. Shoot everybody on the top floor, this seems to make them stop respawning. If you need any more help just ask. There is no need for a sniper rifle, and I would think doing that would be about the worst thing to do, as I had a major problem with grenades being thrown at me. By the way, keep throwing grenades back, it helps a lot.

The Wicker Man
11-08-2007, 11:59 PM
God I finally got it. I went back like I said and grabed some frags and a flashbang. Ran to the right and chucked a frag at the enterance on the right corner. Then another to get the stragglers ducked back into to the doorway on my right and sent in a flashbang (I allowed to blind me for more run time its just a straight line out) made into the hallway and my squad finished those respawning assholes off OOORRRAAAHHHHH!!!! Thanks for all the tips guys couldnt have done it without ya! Cheers!

Cyrex
11-09-2007, 01:28 AM
kind of what everyone else said but mine doesn't have anything to do with grenades. I just sprinted down to the right corner and turned left and looked down the sights and wasted everyone who came through there spawn door. Once the first wave dies then sprint to that area and sit tight for about a minute or two and the checkpoint will come

TheIcemanCometh
11-09-2007, 01:57 AM
FINALLY!

What I finally did was what was suggested by someone else. I basically went back out to get the RPG and the AK-47 Grenadier. When I went into the television studio, I turned right, and chucked a few frags into the far right corner. I then kept going until I got to the room at the end (under the guy upstairs). One of my troops followed me in, but he stayed in the doorway most of the time. I'd pop my head out every now and then to take care of some baddies. Also threw out the occasional flashbang and fired off a few of the grenades from the launcher. After about 10 minutes, it got really quiet, then the voice came over that said the room was cleared. Then pressed on to get the rest of the guys upstairs and finish the level.

Hoo-wah! Thanks guys!

Er0ck21
11-09-2007, 02:50 AM
Run down the right side of the room (past the fax machine), light up the men coming from the doorway down the hall to your left. then make your way (slowly and crouched) around to the left side. Should take you 2 - 3 times using this method finding out where people spawn.

Elvia
11-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I suggest you run down on the right, throw some flashbangs, run through the guys and they door they spawn from, hide around the corner and let your men take care of everyone.

austin rules
11-17-2007, 07:16 PM
i dont get why people had so much trouble with this on veteren... i only died twice on this part of the level

BlackcatS
11-17-2007, 07:41 PM
quickly get your self at the corridor in the north east side of the room to can stop enemy. best way is get cover in the room on the right side of big room. get cover for 5-10second and then quickly come out and get to the corridor.if you you are going to wait the enemy come until lifetime

zI HURRIC4N3 Iz
11-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Hmm, I was dreading this level on veteran after seeing my brother try on hardened. But this mission for me was run & gun. Whe I got in the room with all the monitors I cleared the rrom out & flashed any other enemies & just ran for it. Hope this helps.

TheManners
11-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Without Sniper: Run to the far right of the room, throw a nade and crouch down; wait about 20 seconds throw a flash slightly to the left of where you're looking and sprint into the room ahead of you on the right. Wait here for a few minutes whilst your friends kill them and rendesvouz with you - the door will then open and a checkpoint will shortly follow. (Took me 30minutes to find this method, but it works almost every time)

james
11-18-2007, 12:42 PM
For this level all I did was as soon as you enter through the door and the enemies spawn run immediately right after the door straight down to the end where all the small tv's are on the wall directly opposite you will see loads of enemies running out to the fight take as many of them out and then run into that area which there they came from (where you have to go after the fight) you will have a few that you missed throw grenades or shoot at you but it will only be 1 or 2 eventually your men will take them out and advance to the next part of the mission you know when you're allright you get a radio signal from 1 of the soldiers

ReverendPhill
11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm stuck on this part too. I've tried different ways, like going into the room they initially charge out of that is straight ahead. I can usually make it through those rooms into the main room by those security guard posts(I believe that's what they are) then I get tore up from everywhere. I actually ran past everyone at one point into the hallway you go to after the room is cleared. I was hoping it would let me kinda skip through it but guys would just start coming at me and eventually I got my butt whooped.

It seems like this section is one of those where you keep dying over and over and then you stop and come back another day and can beat it on the first try...certainly hope that's the case!

daninthemix
11-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I beat this by turning right and running straight ahead to the small room there. I waited inside by the door until the gunfire died down, then sprinted along to the exit corridor.

It should be noted that every other time I tried this approach, a trillion grenades ended up by my feet. For some reason this one time not one grenade entered that room, so I'm thinking:

1) I got in there so fast no one saw me
2) I was right by the door, rather than in the back of the room so it didn't trigger the 'grenade waterfall' effect. :uzi:

Kung Fu Jams
11-20-2007, 02:11 AM
I was having trouble with this section until I found this method! it worked first time for me! it goes as follows:

As soon as you get into the room turn right and sprint to the top wall, there is be a tiny room with nothing in it apart from a few doors, you should be able to get here without taking damage at all ! and then your marines will fight there way through the main area and vasquez may even join you in the small room : beware for grenades in here and you should be fine, the gunfire should die down for a bit outside shortly after, when it does, turn right out the door sprint as fast as you can to the objective marker, for this you will need to take another right at the end of the main area into a beige corridor for safety reasons hide around the small corner in this corridor and face the way you came just in case you are being followed, soon after arriving here your marine pals will arrive having cleared out the room for you! job done quickly with little effort! OORAH MARINES!:uzi:Hope this helps people:drunk

BassRich
12-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all the strats guys, they all really helped.

Outline
12-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah... You've got plenty of advice here.

But what I did was grab the sniper from Intel Location number 4.
Stood in the room just outside the studio and snipe the few that come across/the ones on the second floor.
When it had died down a little bit I ran to the room across the room and stayed safe (Sniping)
As your team can respawn, they do the brunt of the work, but the people on the second floor are the toughest cookies.

/too late

Illution
12-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I just ran straight into the three room area.. Just camp at the door until you kill all of them and then movie into the 2nd corner room (the one without tvs) and just camp there. Look out the window to where you came from and shoot them but be careful not to get shot. I jumped on top of the table and just sat there... nobody really chucked grenades or nothin. just camp the entrance door you came from to get inside the 3 room area.

sushininja
12-29-2007, 01:51 AM
I found it easier to grab the shotty at the first cubicle, run up to the first room, and camp at the cubicle, shooting enemies as they come out of the room. Then I threw some nades down the hallway outside of the rooms, ran in and cleared that side out. Then ran back to the server room, and snipe the second floor with the machine gun, and then do the same on the first floor.

hardman94
12-29-2007, 02:01 AM
just keep trying and you'll get it. try different strategies