PDA

View Full Version : Hardest part on veteran? *spoilers*

WyldthingUK
11-08-2007, 03:04 PM
OK, I know the answer will probably be Mile High Club for most people but from the standard campaign there were so many difficult bits I don't know which to choose. Some examples...

- TV Station
- Shock and awe chopper action
- Helo extraction from Chernobyl
- Fighting from fields down to the beach where you have to use air support
- Fighting through the underground bunker to stop the missiles

For me the timed sections were the hardest but the extraction from Chernobyl was the most annoying - what do you think?

dlslhc
11-08-2007, 04:18 PM

B1indSide
11-08-2007, 04:22 PM
OK, I know the answer will probably be Mile High Club for most people but from the standard campaign there were so many difficult bits I don't know which to choose. Some examples...

- TV Station

For me the timed sections were the hardest but the extraction from Chernobyl was the most annoying - what do you think?

All those were tough, and I still can't get the Mile High Club, but the one I spent the longest on was the fighting through the underground bunker to get to the missile controls.
You have to go fast to get checkpoints to save. If you go too slow then the checkpoints don't register and you start from the beginning. I think I made to the stairs before 7:40, to the metal hallway with missle silos with 5:50 remaining and then through to the big, slow opening door with just under 3:00 minutes left, and something like 1:40 blowing through the wall. I spent about four hours just playing that level. It was tough.

Siegfried
11-08-2007, 04:29 PM
I just finished it yesterday: Definitly the worst part is the Helo extraction from Chernobyl followed closely by the Fighting through the underground bunker to stop the missiles.

Every CoD I play I swear to myself it's gonna be the last one on veteran... but I just keep coming back and always end up tearing my hair off

Slane
11-08-2007, 06:28 PM
The Helo extraction from Chernobyl is by far the hardest for me. I still 8 missions to complete, but out of the ones I've done that has been the hardest and the only one I died on. The rest I just had to think about and was fine. But the Chernobyl kicked my ass till it was red and sore.

G4M3RC0P
11-08-2007, 06:57 PM
I've never beaten one of them on veteran but this one I'm dedicated to beating. I am stuck on the TV Station. Man, thats hard.

xgonscm2
11-08-2007, 07:11 PM
i just finished the game last night on hardened, i am playing again thru on veteran, i am at the tv building right now, im not excited about making it to the extraction chernobyl

Zoc
11-08-2007, 08:42 PM
the helo extraction was hard, but i found something that could help some people. just fight normally until you reach the part where some bad guys are dropped from the helicopter, before that is pretty easy. when they are dropped off, run to the right(supposed that you are facing the chopper) and go behind the fence, behind the trees, and close to the buildings, just before you get in the contaminated zone and lay on the ground. they will try to shoot you but they will hit the trees or the fence and you can just shoot the 4-5 guy that are near the bumping cars. after that you just wait for the helicopter to arrive and when he does, no more guys will come so you can just run to the other sniper , pick him up, and leave. i succeded on my second attemp while doing that.

Slane
11-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Alrighty, 'No Fighting In The War Room' is pretty hard. I can get down the first tunnel that has a middle, right, left straigtaway within 30 seconds, but after that you get to the next tunnel, where I can't get pass since guys are rushing for both sides and down the middle. Really wish there was a checkpoint between the two tunnels since after this second one I should be at the slow opening door.

SaNcTuS
11-08-2007, 09:31 PM
lol, im at the same part except it takes me about 2 minutes to clear the first bunker. I hate this damn game man...

Edit : wtf, i just got a checkpoint after the first one. weird, in the last 3 attempts i didnt get one. i guess the game is feeling sorry for me..

Er0ck21
11-08-2007, 10:26 PM
hardest part is the "last" mission epilogue

Riverpatrol
11-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Zoc: I hope that tip for the Helo extraction from Chernobyl for hiding behind the fence works, I spent 1hr 15 mins with my brother watching, he walked out declaring I have OCD.... he's probably right. I came close a few times but a dog got me when my ammo ran out. When I got to work they all asked what's wrong LOL

I'm playing on veteran.

Zoc: You are a star, I got past it on my second attempt using your tactic. Cheers mate

B1indSide
11-09-2007, 01:16 AM
lol, im at the same part except it takes me about 2 minutes to clear the first bunker. I hate this damn game man...

Edit : wtf, i just got a checkpoint after the first one. weird, in the last 3 attempts i didnt get one. i guess the game is feeling sorry for me..

as I wrote above, it's time that matters whether you get a checkpoint or not.

You have to go fast to get checkpoints to save. If you go too slow then the "checkpoints don't register and you start from the beginning. I think I made to the stairs before 7:40, to the metal hallway with missle silos with 5:50 remaining and then through to the big, slow opening door with just under 3:00 minutes left, and something like 1:40 blowing through the wall."

B1indSide
11-09-2007, 01:22 AM
The Helo extraction from Chernobyl is by far the hardest for me. I still 8 missions to complete, but out of the ones I've done that has been the hardest and the only one I died on. The rest I just had to think about and was fine. But the Chernobyl kicked my ass till it was red and sore.

yeah, if you still have 8 missions to complete then you still have a tough road ahead of you. The Chernobyl wasn't too bad, I just played coward most of the time. I used the same method as the guy above mentioned, after more guys come, I ran to the right and lay down behind the wooden bleacher type thing among the trees behind a metal pole by the building. You still get hit a little but you can snipe some people from the brush when they come after you and just have to sit tight till the helicopter comes, then you gotta rush out to get your injured buddy, some guys might still be around so be cautious and then carry him to the helicopter while getting shot out. Try to use cover as much as possible.

pongsifu
11-09-2007, 03:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu9zzkVWfuw&eurl=http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44006

That is how to easily beat the extraction in Chernobyl.

Also for the tv station just use a sniper rifle.

But by far Mile High Club is the hardest.

Crimzen dragon
11-09-2007, 03:56 AM
Well, as most have stated, on Veteran, the "Mile High Club" was the hardest to finish but besides that I had trouble with "No Fighting in the War Room" and "1 Shot, One Kill".

Honorable Mentions are "Safehouse" and the level where you have to fight from the barn to the extraction point using air support.(forgot the name of the level)

killerharu45
11-09-2007, 07:20 AM

- TV Station

All of those parts took me 15+ min except for the chopper action and getting to the beach. I haven't played the mile high club yet and still stuck on the underground bunker where it splits and theres guys in both tunnels :mad:.

Edit: I beat the game!!! But I cannot beat the freaking mile high club level!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

pongsifu
11-09-2007, 07:28 AM
I'm actually having trouble at the very beginning of one shot one kill and not the end. When all the guys first appear and your timer starts I just can't figure out a good place to stand and kill them fast enough to keep moving.

Edit: Well right after posting this I got it, I guess I just had to take a break for a bit.

relikt
11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
has anybody usefull hints or a tactic that actually WORKS to make it through the second part of the helo extraction from Chernobyl? that mission startet to pissing me off after I died like 1000000 times...

of course I'm playing on Veteran difficult!

thanks!

pongsifu
11-09-2007, 11:43 AM
has anybody usefull hints or a tactic that actually WORKS to make it through the second part of the helo extraction from Chernobyl? that mission startet to pissing me off after I died like 1000000 times...

of course I'm playing on Veteran difficult!

thanks!

YouTube - Call of Duty 4 - Hardest Part of the Game - EASY WAY OUT

I used this tactic and it worked. Although be warned, the video is not done in veteran and when I did it a lot of guys still came around to where I was so make sure to plant claymores around you and have your gun ready.

relikt
11-09-2007, 12:05 PM
yeah I've seen the video allready, If you say it works even on veteran I'll give it a try (or 2... or 10...>_>)...

btw. I hate the fact that the enemy EVERYTIME knows where you are... thats bull...

H20 chaotic xc
11-09-2007, 01:49 PM
with the timed sections your talking about with the checkpoints um where excactly do u have to have at least 5;50 at i make it up the part he says hurry marines times running out with 5;50 that the end of the long hall after the stairs thanks

pongsifu
11-09-2007, 01:54 PM
with the timed sections your talking about with the checkpoints um where excactly do u have to have at least 5;50 at i make it up the part he says hurry marines times running out with 5;50 that the end of the long hall after the stairs thanks

I'm not sure what the exact times are, I got to the stairs at about 7:40 and got to the hall after the stairs at just over 6 minutes and I believe I had 3 minutes left when the blast doors began to open.

If you don't get a checkpoint when you get there you didn't go fast enough, but if you do, then you did it right.

you should get a checkpoint at the stairs and then another right before you find out zarkaiv is launching all the nukes and then again after you get through the silos, and I think another one right after you blast the wall.

H20 chaotic xc
11-09-2007, 02:59 PM
alright thanks i just got a checkpoint at 5;50 in a area where there the middle hall is blocked off and i can only go left or wright now in order to get back to the middle hall hopefully this wont take to long

relikt
11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
did it with the tactic from the video above, so I can confirm that its also working on veteran difficult.

broodgrunt117
11-10-2007, 06:39 AM
can any one post some tips and a good strategy for the part where you are in the t.v station.

Astalder
11-10-2007, 07:24 AM
On Veteran? I tried it two different ways.

Fight from the server room for a LONG time. Supposedly they stop coming eventually, but I got cheap shotted before confirming that.

Alternatively, run like a madman along the right wall to the closet in the corner. As you run throw flash bangs to 'freeze' the reinforcements and frags to kill them. Dive into the place all the guys are spawning out of to stop the spawning. Sit in the hallway corner like a coward while you wait for all your friends to kill the remaining baddies (they will eventually).

Choice two seems cheap, but if it's true that they keep coming infinitely, then it's way less cheap than that. If they do stop coming eventually, server room.

PS. On One Shot, One Kill I put all my claymores down before I put the captain in his spot. When I put him in his spot it gave me a full reload of 9 more claymores for a total of 18 claymores. I built a three layer half circle protecting the gap b/w the wall and the bumper cars, and set up shop there with a sniper rifle and assault rifle. When the helicopters came I fell back to the gapside concrete rear corner and proceeded to snipe anyone that went up into the grassy stretch or onto the ferris wheel. I then ran like a madman to the Captain, grabbed him, ran back along the wall and to the helo. Got it my first try, which was a little bit of luck, but the strategy worked beautifully.

pongsifu
11-10-2007, 09:34 AM
On Veteran? I tried it two different ways.

Fight from the server room for a LONG time. Supposedly they stop coming eventually, but I got cheap shotted before confirming that.

That's what I did, took 10 minutes using a sniper rifle.

PhydeWice
11-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Right now I'm having a tough time saving that tank on veteran. Once I get to the tank, and get to the checkpoint right by it, I'm dead.

DyolfKnip
11-10-2007, 11:43 AM
hardest part is the "last" mission epilogue
agreed, it took me 100+ times to get it. hands down the hardest part.

cocky
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm actually having trouble at the very beginning of one shot one kill and not the end. When all the guys first appear and your timer starts I just can't figure out a good place to stand and kill them fast enough to keep moving.

Edit: Well right after posting this I got it, I guess I just had to take a break for a bit.
Anyone have a video of this part? I've read you're supposed to run to the right of the bus, but it's not working for me at all. I saw the actual extraction video.. where you set c4 and run back to Mc, then extract.. but i need the part right after you shot Zrtdgjdfkgjdfg. Can someone pleeeease get me a video to that?

exo-apollo
11-15-2007, 12:08 PM
that bit at the start of one shot bothered me too. i got it by hiding in the bus, killing anyone who came up to the door and then flashing and sprinting for the next building. and another way to do it is to go right forwards, sniper the incoming guys, flash then sprint for the building. still very hard though, this part took longer than the extracrtion, thanks to all the videos of the extraction floating around.

MadMartign
11-15-2007, 01:42 PM
For the TV station, i backtracked to the room before the server room, and all the terrorists poured out into the server room, making it super easy to kill them. Then when u go to the main room, theres only a few guys left up on the balconies. They do stop spawning eventually, took me about 10 min of killing.

ksmithey
11-15-2007, 04:33 PM
This level had me swearing like a sailor...the way I did it was turn right once inside the door of the TV room and begin fighting the guys closest to the exit door, you will also have to engage the RPG guys on the second floor but stay behind cover, your guys will have your back but sometimes you will get killed. You basicaly want to get to the exit door as quickly as possible cause that's what will stop the enemies from spawning. Hope that helps.

RavenBlackthorn
11-15-2007, 05:55 PM
can any one post some tips and a good strategy for the part where you are in the t.v station.

Astalder pretty much nailed it. I did pretty much the same thing. As soon as I entered the TV Studio I started sprinting to the right towards the far right corner. Half way across I toss 1 frag sort of the to middle area (not the middle of the entire room but middle of the far wall that is opposite you) where the terrorists come pouring out of the offices. After tossing towards the offices, I toss 2 more frags towards the stairwell area where most of the enemies come pouring out of. (If you are not sure where the stairwell is, it is the farthest corner opposite of the server room--where most of the enemies come running from) If you time it right, these 3 frags will kill most of the enemies right out the gate.

From there, take out the one or two guys on the balcony and any stragglers that seem to gather in the middle of the room. Aside from the occasional nade that they toss into this room (be sure and grab it and toss it back) they don't seem to rush you that much and seem to fire at your team rather than at you. You can sort of shoot them in the back from that little closet.

This worked pretty well for me. (I used this a couple times trying to get the Your Show Sucks Achievement)
__________________________________________________ ______
|.........Set of Offices...................|....................... ......|Office.|
|_____________________________|................... ..........|.........|
|................................................. 1 nade here....2 nades here |
|................................................. ......................................|Stairwell is in this corner
|
|
|....................................Stragglers will congregate here
|
|
|
|
|
|
|................................................. ......................................|Closet is in this corner
Server Room (where you start)

Napior
04-05-2008, 07:29 PM
On the last part of one shot one kill,I was sort of cheap and hid prone in one of the ticket booths that has th entrance to it faceing the captain, and not the enemy. no gernades can hit you here.

Pipotchi
04-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I founf that the best way for Mile high clib and No fighting in the war room was only to play in 20 minute bursts. After I died a few times I started getting stressed and making more mistakes, after I took a break I always seemed to do better

Marzera
04-06-2008, 05:12 AM
For those stuck on the TV station, run straight to the office across from you (the point right before the firefight in the large room) and there will be a guy on the right side of the doorway. Shoot that side and you should kill him, if not he will be still hurting and you can finish him off. After that there could be (not sure) a couple guys to the door way to your right when you enter the office. When you are clear you will see a window on the right side of the room (Start from the door way you came in, go forward and turn right) and make sure you are crouched. At that point you can let your friends kill everyone and you might need to assist with the guys on the second floor. All grenades are nullified (yes you can just kneel there the entire time) and bullets will hit you but not hurt.

Ignore the guys in the main room. Or else one of them will start shooting and kill you. Hope that helps. It is an alternative to the other ways (unless if this is already posted)

S h a n e
04-06-2008, 01:00 PM
The "Mile High Club" mission is really hard. It nearly caused me to break my Xbox. "No Fighting In The War Room" is nearly impossible after the part when you go down the stairs. "One Shot One Kill" is hard at the part at the Ferris Wheel, but i noticed that when you pick up McMillan the guys seem not to be able to kill you. Thate pretty cool! B)

Marzera
04-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Go to Nextgenwalkthroughs if you need help. I would explain here but it is kinda hard to explain what to do without screenshots.

UberViking
04-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Mile High Club is repetition and practice, the Airstike in the fields going to extraction is the hardest