PDA

View Full Version : XNA interest

Creech
11-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Is anyone here interested in XNA? Anyone coding with it?

I am curious if there is enough interest to warrant a forum dedicated to XNA...

Blind x360a
11-08-2007, 09:58 PM
What is XNA?

razzleson
11-08-2007, 10:15 PM
What is XNA?
A simple Google search would have answered your question.

http://creators.xna.com/

Direct from their FAQ:

Q: What is XNA Game Studio Express?
A: XNA Game Studio Express is a new game development solution targeted primarily at students, hobbyists, and independent game developers. XNA Game Studio Express is based on Visual C# Express 2005 and lets developers create games for both Windows and Xbox 360. XNA Game Studio Express contains the following:
The XNA Framework, a set of managed code development libraries that make it possible for game developers to be more productive when creating games for Windows and the Xbox 360.
The XNA Framework Content Pipeline, a set of tools that allow developers to more easily incorporate 3D content into their games
XNA Game Studio Express also contains a full set of documentation, how-tos, and starter kits that demonstrate how best to use the content pipeline and XNA Framework.
XNA Game Studio Express runs side-by-side with other versions of Visual Studio without interference
XNA Game Studio Express has now been released, and can be found here. It supports both Windows and Xbox 360 game development.Creech and I were lucky enough to receive a presentation the other night, XNA seems pretty fucking cool. Using XNA provides a shitload of opportunities on getting your foot in on the gaming industry.

Ared Mosinel
11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
I've been messing around with it some. And I might be starting some legitimate projects soon.

What is XNA?

XNA Game Studio Express is a new game development solution targeted primarily at students, hobbyists, and independent game developers. XNA Game Studio Express is based on Visual C# Express 2005 and lets developers create games for both Windows and Xbox 360.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/xna/aa937793.aspx

Edit: looks like I was beaten to the punch

The Pants Party
11-08-2007, 10:22 PM
When they allow people to share their games via Live, there will most definitely need to be a forum. Until then, probably not so much.

Creech
11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Well, if there is a good deal of interest, the projects don't need to be transferable via Live to warrant a forum. We have a sports forum, after all, and that has nothing to do with Live. I really was looking to see if any of our members are doing anything with the framework, or might be interested.

I realize there is a complete deal over at Microsoft, but our members are clearly smarter and better looking. heh.

:p

PerpetualHeaven
11-09-2007, 09:12 PM
I think it would be cool to have a forum. Hey I'm pretty interested in it. I don't know too much about it, but it seems like a nice hobby to take up. Yay for coding!

Zef
11-10-2007, 12:26 PM
It could go into the media forum since it involves designy type things. The only thing that put me off XNA is the subscription and costs etc (unless they have changed). Give me Yabasic any day =)