View Full Version : Time Challenge Strategies

bobbowski
11-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Chocolate Heaven
Player: Homer
Level: The Land of Chocolate
Collectible: Defeat 100 Chocolate Bunnies
Time Limit: 1:30.00
You have to beat up a bunch of chocolate bunnies. They come from two spots. Run towards the left side of the cake and beat these bunnies up. As the numbers go down turn around and run towards the gate and beat the bunnies up here. Go back and forth between the two spots.
Time:1:17.24

Up and Atom
Player: Bart
Level: Bartman Begins
Collectible: Collect 7 Geodes
Time Limit: 1:00.00
Use Bartman’s ability to float above the wind coming from the fans. There are three here that could give you problems. The ones on top of the wind are fairly simple to grab. The other ones aren’t at the top so are a little harder to judge. I adjusted the camera above Bart as I was floating to get a better view and lined him up that way.
My Time: 0:36.97

Table Smasher 2000
Level: Around the World in 80 Bites
Collectible: Destroy 30 Tables
Time Limit: 1:30.00
The tables are fairly out in the open. There are three sections in this challenge. From the start I smashed the table right in front of me and then went clockwise, 8 total in this area. I Homer-dashed from this room to the next. Wherever I land I start the same clockwise motion. There is a table in the corner, don’t miss it, 14 total in this room. Homer-dash through the taco and into the next room. Same rules apply, wherever you start go clockwise. There is one in the back corner, don miss it. The last 8 are in here. I just used punching to destroying the tables. I tried Homer-dash/ball but never could keep my power meter up.
My Time: 1:11.68

Wood Chippin’
Player: Lisa
Level: Lisa the Tree Hugger
Collectible: Cross the river
Time Limit: 0:30.00
Play a game of Frogger. Jump from the wood to the gator to the wood and the the turtle. The turtle’s sink into the water so be quick. I killed both guys on the island in the middle, saxophone and then combo. Jump from wood to wood to gator to wood to wood.
My Time: 0:21.02

Steady Mobbin’
Player: Marge & Lisa
Level: Mob Rules
Collectible: Defeat 15 Riot Cops
Time Limit: 2:00.00
You can co-op this one. You can play as Lisa or Marge. I started with Marge and gathered a mob of 15. I switched to Lisa run up to the first set of riot cops and used my sax on them. Then just pummeled those cops. I jumped on the “Hand of Buddha” and began dropping boxes and barrels on the cops coming in from the outside. The last four cops stuck around on the edge, so that got the cars dropped on their heads.
My Time: 1:24.95

Engine Fun
Level: Enter the Cheatrix
Collectible: Locate 6 Game Engine Slaves
Time Limit: 3:00.00
Tthis one can be a pain. I found a pretty good way to do this and had good success with it. From the start drop down, start firing at the karate guy and take him out. Use the spring board, and go turn the elevator off. Kill the other karate guy here as well after you turn off the elevator. I broke the barrels before turning the elevator off and picked up the coins so that I could charge my slingshot up for an easier kill on the karate guy. Go get the first slave, and grab the iron helmet. Travel to just before the bridge breaks and shoot the bad guys on the left (2 karate guys and 1 football guy) and the 3 bad guys in front). I was able to get 5 of the 6. You need to get at least 4 or you are going to have a seriously tough time. Travel the rest of the bridge and up on the spring board. Kill anything you didn’t already and turn off the elevator. Climb the pole. There are two walkways, take the first one. Free the slave. Use the pole as a guard and take out any remaining enemies on the platform with the switch. Once it is safe float to the platform and hit the switch. Another karate guy should have come out of the elevator by now, dodge his attacks and grab the helmet. Take out whatever you can. Take the path under the pipe you turned off. Take out as much as you can and turn the elevator behind the boxes off. Free the slave that is there on the right. Use the spring board and turn right. Jump on the silver/black pipe and walk a short ways. Turn to the right and free another slave. Get back on the pipe, go all the way to the end and jump to the roof on the right to pick up the slave there. Head back to the pipe and float to the last slave.
My Time: 2:25.16

Mall Rising
Player: Homer and Bart
Level: Invasion of the Yokel-Snatchers
Collectible: Survive all 5 Waves
You can co-op this one. You are playing a game of Space Invaders. I had a lot of problems with this one. I would say it was probably the hardest for me. I used Bart’s slingshot and stayed towards the bottom of the screen and came up only to refill my power meter. I just kept shooting and dodging attacks. As the number shrunk to about 5 or so I came out from hiding and ran at the last few remaining ones. They started moving to fast for my slingshot.
My Time: 2:00.79

Clown Around
Level: Shadow of the Colossal Donut
Collectible: Eliminate all 20 Mini-Krusties
Time Limit: 6:00.00
From the platform you start on turn around, walk a bit and look down. Take out #1. Turn around and walk towards the edge for #2. #3 is on the platform across from you, no use shooting from here, he’ll move on you. Jump down and head over to the fan and use it to glide up to him. #4 is on the crane about mid-way up. #5 is on the ground in the middle of the construction site. Use the dumpster in front of the jail for 6, 7 & 8. #9 is on top of the Grease Recycling Plant, left corner nearest the road when looking at the front of the building. #10 & #11 are on top of the building right next door, one is left corner, the other is behind back. #12 & #13 are located in the building that is missing the front across from the construction site, 12 is on the second floor, 13 on the third. Jump onto the top of this building, #14 is located on top of the light blue building, look towards the water. If you look towards the football stadium you will see #15. #16 is located on the ledge of the Springfield Youth Center. Run towards Home of the Colossal Donut, turn right when you past the green building. Look up for #17. #18 is located on top of Home of the Colossal Donut. #19 is on the ground behind Home of the Colossal Donut and #20 is in the back alley. If you are having trouble finding the alley, start from the front of Home of the Colossal Donut, run to the left until you can turn right, go straight until you hit a wall. Jump up and you are in the alley.
My Time: 3:18.73

bobbowski
11-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Nice Cans!
Level: The Day of the Dolphin
Collectible: Collect 11 Tuna Cans
Time Limit: 2:30.00
Go straight down the path and take out the first dolphin. Collect the first can here and then run around the edge of the pool and collect the second. Had over to the pink jellyfish on the right and use them to get to the whale for the third. Use the air hole to float over to #4. Hop down head straight and climb up on top of the tank here, take out the starfish throwing dolphin and use the ladder for #5. Hug the wall and hop down to the ledge and use the net to climb over to #6. Jump over to #7. Jump down from here, cross the front of where the “boss” dolphin was and pick up #8. Head straight and use the air shooting from the ground to get to the net on the wall. Climb to your left and #9. Jump down and climb up the ladder to the tank with the other starfish throwing dolphin. Take him out and climb the ladder to #10. Eleven is located in the shark’s head on the floor. Jump over the sign and run around in there.
My Time: 2:11.80

Sim Sandwich
Level: Bargain Bin
Collectible: Shut Down the Cartridge Incinerator
Time Limit: 3:05.00
This can be done in co-op. You can play as Bart or Homer. The challenge is set up the same as the level except there are a few enemies scattered throughout. Not too much trouble though. I didn’t use any special strategies here, just took out the enemies as I got to them.
My Time: 2:15.02

My Precious
Level: Neverquest
Collectible: Defeat 500 Morcs
Play a game of Gauntlet. I found it best to inflate and dash over and over again. Not much strategy to it. Just find the biggest groups of “Moes” and dash into them and then do it again. I made my way to the far wall and basically just went up and down, going inside the room to the right there every couple of times up.
My Time: 1:42.15

Shooters Rejoice
Level: Medal of Homer
Collectible: Collect all 24 flags
Time Limit: 4:30.00
The flags are in the same location as the level. I beat the target time the day before which helped in knowing where the flags were. I fell once at the church in the water and still had plenty of time. You need to learn the layout of the flags, remember to use the map by pressing (Back) and (Y) Drop down and take out the idiot running around and 1. Use the canopy to jump up and head left for 2. Turn around and jump up on the ledge. Jump up on the balcony for number 3. Leap to the bridge and grap 4 from the door. One of the idiots should be running around he, nail him for 5. Jump up on the 3 ledges to the left and head left from here. Use the balcony here to get onto the tree tops and then jump over to 6. Back track to the ledges and jump over for 7. Drop down onto the street and head under the bridge. There are three more of the idiots running around with flags. I usually find two on the other side of this bridge but have seen all three here. Don’t waste time looking for any of them they will cross your path in due time. We are going to count all three here though, 8, 9, 10. There is a little alleyway to your left with a canopy. Use the canopy to get on the roof. Turn completely around and glide to the landing. Grab the flag up ahead, 11. Cross the bridge and get to the top of the house. Jump to the house on the right. Turn to the right, you should see a chimney with smoke and a lone flag on a balcony. Jump over and get the flag, 12. Back track and head to the other chimney on this roof. Use the chimney to glide to the tree top and 13. Back onto the tree top and onto the flat roof, hop to the right balcony first and get 14. Back onto the rooftop and down onto the balcony for 15. Back to the alleyway with the canopy we jumped from earlier. Once on top of the roof jump on the tree top and then to the balcony for 16. Back to the alleyway, jump on the canopy and glide to the landing. Cross the bridge and turn left on the house. Walk around the balcony and use the wire to take Bart to the other house and flag 17. Jump down to the left and climb up the stairs. Follow the path around and use the canopy here to get up a level. Get on the bridge, use the ledge of the bridge to get to the balcony on the right with flag 18, you will need to glide to make it. Jump from the balcony back to the bridge. Follow the bridge and use the cushions to get to the roof. Jump to the tree top to the right for 19. Jump from the tree top to the balconies for 20 and 21. Drop straight from the end of this balcony and turn left. Walk to the edge and you should fall right on top/near 22. Head straight down the path to the far side of the water wheel. You will need to make it to the back of the church, and the climb to the top of the church. Jump up one more level and walk around to the front for 23. Walk the length of the church and fall down for 24.
My Time: 4:09.65

bobbowski
11-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Maki Roll Mania
Level: Big Super Happy Fun Fun Game
Collectible: Eat 18 Sushi Rolls
I by no means came up with this strategy. BT X360 posted this on the forum and I used it. The method works well, how fast you get on and off the clouds will depend if you make it or not. Right from the start head left. There are 3 clouds here, use the helium to get these first. Best method for me was to hit A (while hitting A I also push my left stick towards the cloud) until I felt I was just above the cloud and then use the dash (X) to get to the cloud. Remember to use Y to deflat when you are above the cloud. Use Homer’s shadow. Utilize Homer’s dash (RT -> X) to get back on the ship, aim for the helium, to safe a few precious seconds. After the third sushi, get back to the helium and use it to get to the mast. Same method, A to gain some height and then use the dash (X) twice to get yourself on the mast. Drop down and inflate, Homer-Dash (RT ->) up the ramp and grab the floating sushi. Burb once or twice here. Hit the helium and grab the two on the clouds here. Use the same method as the other side of the ship. Burb once or twice here. Double jump to pick up the other sushi above the ramp, land and Homer ball. I rolled around the ship to pick up the rest. Get the one in the middle head to the right and down the ramp. Homer-dash down the side here (don’t fall). Pick up the 3 on the side, get the other one in the middle and head down the other side, Homer-dash down the side again. Head up on the main boat and dash one more time to the area with the grate on the ground. Homer stomp and get the sushi under the grate. Either run or roll up the ramp and head to the pole coming from the front of the ship. Good luck, this one was frustrating. I did fall off the ship once, but as you can see my time was just barely.
My Time: 1:59.35

Hot Coffee
Player: Lisa
Level: Grand Theft Scratchy
Collectible: Protect the Ice Cream Trucks for 5 Waves
Time Limit: 4:00.00
This one was fairly easy. Using Lisa and the “Hand of Buddha” pick up the trash cans and drop them on the crazy women trying to blow up the vans. Let the cans go ahead of where the women are running. Each round you get a few more women running down. Not a big deal.
My Time: 1:58.29

Back to the Futurama
Level: Five Characters in Search of an Author
Collectible: Defeat 30 Enemies
Using Homer’s Green Blob was key for me here. The donuts that are on the ground give him full power. Use them and pay attention to your power meter, not having power when you are getting attacked can ruin things for you. I stayed up on the top left side for the first 15 kills. Letting things come to me most of the time but getting close to the edge near the center of the room once to pick off about 5 or so. Problem with staying here to long is getting bombed. You lose life quick. I went over to the right and picked up about 7 more kills. I had only been hit once at this time. I went back picked up a donut and went to the middle of the room. I jumped down on the table and headed straight into the pack. As soon as I could I started firing and within seconds had my last 8 kills.
My Time: 2:52.44

Heavenly Joy
Level: Game Over
Collectible: Eat All 12 Angel Cakes
Time Limit: 1:00.00
Not terribly difficult unless you miss a cake. Use (A) to get a little height and then dash (X) to make it through the rings and get the cakes, I used dash twice for each set of rings. I hit (X) as fast as possible the second time to make sure I didn't lose any height.
My Time: 0:51.69

david288
11-09-2007, 07:15 AM
some1 need 2 post vid of Medal of Homer and others

zdarko43
11-12-2007, 01:52 PM
i think this thread is deserving of a sticky.

but in any case, the only time challenge i have yet to complete is maki roll mania. (the time challenge for big super happy fun fun game)

its very frusterating. i followed the information on this guide here, but i just can't seem to pull it off.
the sushi roll i think where i get too held up with is the one out on the peak of the front of the ship, and the one you have to use homer's super blast to get up on the ledge of the mast.

with the one on the front of the ship, its taking way too much time and if i try to hurry i find myself falling several times, and the one on the masts ledge i just can't seem to get up to with the first 5 attempts. with only 2:00 on the clock just seems too difficult for me.

any advice?

bobbowski
11-12-2007, 02:19 PM
First the one on the mast. After you grab the first 3 rolls on the clouds, use the helium to get up on the mast. If you miss the ledge just restart. As for the one on the front of the ship, after you get the one under the grate, you can stay in homer ball and dash to the front of the ship. Come out of homer ball and walk out onto the pole. If time permits walk as far out as possible without letting yourself fall, if time is short line up the best you can and take a chance that you are going to hit the last one. Good luck, this one really is a pain. Figures to, I hated everything about this level, except for the hilarous pokemon references.

zdarko43
11-12-2007, 06:21 PM
thanks man... i'll give it another shot tonight hopefully i can get thru it.

nice guide tho man its def helpful!

x LeXXuz x
11-17-2007, 10:50 AM
The level of "enter the cheatrix" was driving me nuts. Got killed everytime after freeing the 2nd slave. I'll give your strategy a try. Thanks! :woop:

chaosg0d
11-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Thx a lot! I had a lot of problem on enter the cheatrix finding the last slave !!! Great post.

Dude Rain
11-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I didn't know this post existed. I've been putting off the time trials, but with these strategies, I'm feeling a little more confident.

Thanks for the guide!

seriosblack
12-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Wish this would of been a sticky took me a while to come across it.

The guides brill and my final one was the super happy fun... I did the turn round down the dise ramp then to the 2 cloudes then mast and won it 2nd go (fell of a cloude).

I completed the whole game (1000 achievs) and so happy :drunk

aussiestatic
01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
awesome guide man.

THIS POST NEEDS TO BE STICKIED

gatorbait
01-09-2008, 04:12 AM
Great guide. I've only played a few so far but I know there are harder ones to come and if I start to get stuck I'm glad there's a guide up. I'm surprised this still isn't stickied.

DreadfulCorpse
03-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Great guide man ,thanks a lot.

LukeP91
03-07-2008, 10:57 PM
for the Invasion of the Yokel-Snatchers one, play it in two-player, and get homer into a ball and roll horizontally into the aliens using his slam technique. While one players doing this, get bart with the other player and kill the aliens with his catapult with single shots. Bart needs to be standing next to the furthest right rock, just to the left of it. You can still get hit here by the way, it just seems you are able to just move left and right, without worrying about where the lasers are coming from. NOTE: use single shots, not charged ones, as this seems to leave individual aliens and you can often die here when trying to collect the blue energy things. Using this method, i found it easier and i hope this helps anyone else who is stuck with this time challenge.

DreadfulCorpse
03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
for the Invasion of the Yokel-Snatchers one, play it in two-player, and get homer into a ball and roll horizontally into the aliens using his slam technique. While one players doing this, get bart with the other player and kill the aliens with his catapult with single shots. Bart needs to be standing next to the furthest right rock, just to the left of it. You can still get hit here by the way, it just seems you are able to just move left and right, without worrying about where the lasers are coming from. NOTE: use single shots, not charged ones, as this seems to leave individual aliens and you can often die here when trying to collect the blue energy things. Using this method, i found it easier and i hope this helps anyone else who is stuck with this time challenge.

I did this one by myself.No 2 player needed.

keli1989
03-25-2008, 12:29 AM
I used Bart for the first half with his sling shot, then i just ran up with homer and used X to beat them up as they scrolled near me, probably one of the easiest if you use this, especially if you have a 2nd. player.

darthmushu
04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
The challenges were annoying me but I might give them a try now.

M@|ice@+r0ci+y
06-25-2008, 02:54 PM
i have been battling the "back to the futurama" time challenge for 2 months. Your strategy believe it or not worked last night after only 5 attempts. thank you so much, all i have to do now i complete every level target time now to get 100%...easy. thanks again!

Lividgoody
07-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Excellent stuff - thank you :woop:

If i hadn't seen this I would still be running round a ship jumping on clouds trying to get it done..........

Ciconte
08-24-2008, 04:32 PM
great strategies only need 2 more levels

Qwertygirl
09-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I didn't see it written anywhere in this thread but for the level big super happy fun, what i did to get the sushi on the mast, instead of Homer balling up the ramp i just used the helium. That was the most difficult for me but i was never any good at doing the ramps anyway.

Sorry Bobbowski, you had put it.

Pashos
09-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for writing these. They will help a lot once I start them. :D

SpudsPotatoMan
10-07-2008, 01:11 AM
enter the cheatrix is kicking my ass....this guide is great but the one for that level doesnt help me much. any other tips? anybody?:confused:

SynysterMonkey
10-07-2008, 01:14 AM
enter the cheatrix is kicking my ass....this guide is great but the one for that level doesnt help me much. any other tips? anybody?:confused:

This one time challenge is pissing me off. Does anyone know a video that will help me out? Great guide, but for something that complicated, visuals will do the trick for me.

SpudsPotatoMan
10-07-2008, 01:31 AM
This one time challenge is pissing me off. Does anyone know a video that will help me out? Great guide, but for something that complicated, visuals will do the trick for me.

thank God i'm not the only one....and yeah, visuals would help me out as well

hoochli
10-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=simpsons+time+challenge&search_type=&aq=f) are videos to every Time Challenge

I just got 5 achievements in about an hour or so with the videos..

They are very helpful with the collecting challenges

SpudsPotatoMan
10-12-2008, 03:42 PM
thank you sir....will be trying these when i get to my xbox...and i replay the level in story mode....my save corrupted (BOOO!!!):mad:

Murkage
12-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Good Guide Man!

mchannon37
12-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Great guide, but I'm Maki rolled out, that level makes me want to smash my controller against the floor. I wouldn't mind so much if the camera was a little bit easier to control...grrrrrr

chanman
04-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Excellent guide. Thank you.

swann5150
05-11-2009, 03:04 AM
I'm with you there on the frustration level for that f-ing maki roll crap.

Great guide, it was a tremendous help, but I just cannot finish up that damn maki roll crapola for the life of me. RRRRRR

HJxXiSkull
05-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Guide helped alot thanks man. Overall these werent to bad maybe 3 retries tops if I missed up so no problems here. Later.

gangstakatamari
10-11-2009, 05:48 PM
The Supper Happy time challenge is one of the most busted things I have ever seen in my life from a company like EA. I seriously can't believe it was green lighted.

letum
05-08-2010, 07:11 PM
thanks for the advice was able to get most of them.