PDA

View Full Version : Which COD game is Hardest?

killerharu45
11-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Just wondering your opinion on this. It took me a while to get through COD 3. I am almost done with COD 4 already but I think the modern weapons help ;).
I believe either 2 or 3, I can't decide.

pongsifu
11-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Well I've beaten all four but I never tried veteran on 1 or 3. I beat 2 and am halfway through 4 and so far 4 is taking me way less time than 2 did so I'm going to have to go with 2.

III SS III
11-09-2007, 07:57 AM
the only reason i say 3 is because it's so damn glitchy...screw trearch...too bad infinity ward can't just do them alone and have them come out ever other year.

Cyrex
11-09-2007, 11:46 AM
you really are just doing the ones for 360 arn't you. I would say the original COD for PC. They did a Beta and i was one of the first to get it, they sent the entire game out for people to play through the story line, that made extreme on Lost Planet look easy i was young so i went through the game like 15 times and i only managed to do it on Vet Once but i tried that recently to see how it compared and it is ridiculous

kormac
11-09-2007, 01:05 PM
i went with 3. not because it was the hardest in every area, but because of the glitchyness, and that damn forrest level where you gotta mortar the blockcade!

number 2 took me nearly a solid month. i was on track to beat number 3 in just over two weeks but the forrest level stopped me dead in my tracks :( and the tragic thing is i felt i would have done the remaining levels after that one with no problems. well, maybe the very next level might have been super hard, but the fact that treayarch did not include individual achievemetns for levels completed like infinity ward does, just turned me right off. something THAT hard and glitchy to boot, deserves an achievement for every level done! i there are 50 achievements to be doled out. definately room to reward you per mission! if that happened i would have done everything aside from the forrest and MAYBE one day later when fully recovered i would try to beat the forrest, but nope. because of this, it's the hardest one to me.

and cod 4 seems to be the easiest of them all. im nearly in the final mission and it took me only 5 days. but admittedly i used that sweet hiding spot to survive the assualt with my wounded sniper buddy. though admittedly i DID survive the hard way originally, but then died before i could carry the sniper to the chopper. that nearly broke my heart :D

for those who pick cod4 as the hardest game, either the ending is harder than anything the other cod's have thrown at you, or you dont know about the hiding spot in the "one shot, one kill" level.

matty cheetham
11-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Call of duty 3 was the hardest on vet so much retrying and eventually i gave up.
As long as you use cover and take your time in COD4 its quite easy.
---

Royal38
11-09-2007, 09:06 PM
I would by far say COD2. on Veteran.

WtfPugs
11-09-2007, 09:25 PM
COD2 was very hard. I went through 3 much quicker than 2, so it's the least difficult in my opinion. Now, COD4... That made me curse, wayyy too much! It's like you have to get lucky sometimes.

They've obviously stepped up the amount of grenades the enemy throws at you and the rate at which the enemies replenish is a joke. I beat everything except for the airplane part, as I am still scratching my head on how the hell.

Darth Odan
11-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Call of Duty. The original for PC.

You and Captain Price on board the Turpitz. He dies. You, alone against a battleship full of Germans. You need to arm explosives, capture intel, and get out. Oh, and add Veteran for fun.

Dstrukt
11-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Call of Duty. The original for PC.

You and Captain Price on board the Turpitz. He dies. You, alone against a battleship full of Germans. You need to arm explosives, capture intel, and get out. Oh, and add Veteran for fun.

Oh man I totally remember that level. That was one frustrating segment. Trying to get back to the lifeboat with every single German on the ship gunning for you was a real toughy. The firefights in the corridors and stairwells were exceptionally difficult due to having no cover and being unable to move very much.

da voodoo child
11-09-2007, 11:18 PM
i voted COD 2 because it took many more times of dying to complete each level then in 4 and 3 was just s**t.

she haunts me
11-20-2007, 09:49 AM
call of duty 2.... i didn't like 3 so i didn't bother to play thru on vet i don't think

Tiberian
11-20-2007, 11:23 AM
CoD2. Couldn't even force myself to play the game on the hardest difficulty.

Elvia
11-20-2007, 03:00 PM
COD2. I couldn't finish the game on vet but i'm nearly done with COD4

BlaZiN cdn
11-20-2007, 03:31 PM
COD2, because I found that I could go through an entire level without getting a checkpoint, and I would die at the very end and have to do the level over.

PS-I finished the game on my other gamertag so thats why it won't show on this tag.

gog
11-21-2007, 01:51 AM
cod2 - by far for me - is the hardest - ive been stuck on the same damn place for more then 8 months - i keep trying diffrent tactics but alas -the outcome is always the same - cuss, bitch, complain then hard shut down the system and die alittle inside

laundryman
11-21-2007, 02:36 AM
I would say CoD 2. It had certain points where you had to almost peek around a corner and they could still see you. I never tried CoD 3 on Veteran, but I assume it is hard.

antnie
11-21-2007, 02:41 AM
I would say COD 3.

daninthemix
11-21-2007, 08:53 AM
cod2 - by far for me - is the hardest - ive been stuck on the same damn place for more then 8 months - i keep trying diffrent tactics but alas -the outcome is always the same - cuss, bitch, complain then hard shut down the system and die alittle inside

Which bit are you stuck on? Maybe someone can help.

I haven't finished CoD4 yet but there's only 3 levels to go:

Heat
Ultimatum
No Fighting in The War Room

oh and Mile High Club

I think the 2 games are very close in terms of difficulty. Both have a few bitch levels (anyone remember Silo??).

The only thing that makes 4 easier are the levels like Death From Above and All Ghillied Up which are the same on all difficulty levels.

As for 3 I never bothered finding out for a lousy 150G.

Pez
11-21-2007, 10:28 AM
call of duty 2.... i didn't like 3 so i didn't bother to play thru on vet i don't think

I didn't like CoD3 that much either; I couldn't bring myself to play it on Veteran it was that bad.

I will have to go with CoD2 though. Although I've only played the first few levels of CoD4, comparing them to the first few levels of CoD2, I find CoD4's first few levels easier.

Maybe because your squad actually can kill enemies this time round. :p

~SS

FatBoiJim
11-22-2007, 01:49 AM
I have only tried 2 on veteran and i have about 3 levels left to do, but on normal mode i didn't find anypart of 4 difficult which i guess is upto the modern weapons and your team actually killing enemies this time.

xboxman96
11-29-2007, 04:15 PM
It's a close race between COD4 and COD2, but in the end COD4 FTW!

RavenBlackthorn
11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Call of Duty 2 on this one. I remember taking out the tank in The Battle for Caen - The Crossroads, being incredibly difficult. You could never break all of the spawn chains, and it was damn near impossible to actually sneak up on the tank to take it down, it would always haul ass to the other side of the level. It took me days to destroy this tank.

daninthemix
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Call of Duty 2 on this one. I remember taking out the tank in The Battle for Caen - The Crossroads, being incredibly difficult. You could never break all of the spawn chains, and it was damn near impossible to actually sneak up on the tank to take it down, it would always haul ass to the other side of the level. It took me days to destroy this tank.

I remember that bit. Remember thinking it would be quite a nightmare and I did it on my second go.

But there's lots of bits like that in COD 2 and 4 - even some people playing Mile High Club somehow manage to do it quickly when others spend days.

I did One Shot One Kill very quickly, but I don't know if I'll ever do Mile High Club and in COD2 I was stuck at the top of the Silo for days.

RavenBlackthorn
11-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I remember that bit. Remember thinking it would be quite a nightmare and I did it on my second go.

But there's lots of bits like that in COD 2 and 4 - even some people playing Mile High Club somehow manage to do it quickly when others spend days.

I did One Shot One Kill very quickly, but I don't know if I'll ever do Mile High Club and in COD2 I was stuck at the top of the Silo for days.

The top of the silo where you have to snipe the mortar teams? I remember that part as well. Sooo hard, you barely had enough time to reload with them coming from all directions like they did. I remember getting to that Checkpoint and being like "Fiiiinally, I cleared all the houses." and then being stuck on that part as well. :>

daninthemix
11-29-2007, 05:31 PM
The top of the silo where you have to snipe the mortar teams? I remember that part as well. Sooo hard, you barely had enough time to reload with them coming from all directions like they did. I remember getting to that Checkpoint and being like "Fiiiinally, I cleared all the houses." and then being stuck on that part as well. :>

That is exactly how I remember it. The very first house (across the road) probably took over 100 attempts before I was able to clear it and trigger a check point, and every house after that was such a struggle I must've spent over 5 hours getting to the sniper part and then it was like "oh...fuck".

MopFlop
11-29-2007, 05:46 PM
the silo was easy. getting there was a biatch

III Royal III
11-29-2007, 05:46 PM
I have to go with COD3 I have never beaten it on veteran. Even though COD2 was a pain in da ass I had 1000 on it and COD4 took me less than a month to beat.

Mirksta
11-29-2007, 06:53 PM
#2 easy, #4 is way too easy and #3 is so shit I cba to finish

Matt9340
11-29-2007, 11:27 PM
COD4 took me less than a month to beat.

Dude, i just started playing COD4...and im almost done with it, on veteran. This is all within a week of me starting it.

But my vote goes to COD2, i couldnt even play that game, let alone attempt it on Veteran. Its just sitting in my tag with 1/13 achievements.

Gotta go back and beat it :uzi:

Tom19
11-30-2007, 02:14 AM
COD2 is the hardest I think. But you missed out COD1 I know its not on xbox 360 but its still a COD and its a brilliant game. Plus its really mega not easy on veteran.

RoboJoe420
11-30-2007, 04:28 AM
well since i only played call of duty 3 and 4 im gonna have to go with 3 the fourth one wasnt really that big of a challenge but right now im trying to beat vet on COD 3 and its just making me mad lol.

ehermann90
12-01-2007, 05:19 AM
COD2 for sure, i still have nightmares about the hill...

n1n3t33nd3lta
12-01-2007, 11:18 AM
i dunno, cod3 is pretty rough on veteran. i've only beat half the game on veteran because i suck. cod4, on the other hand, isn't that difficult on veteran i don't believe, except for 'charlie dont surf'

Simo1097
12-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Cod 3 for me i'm still stuck on it.Cod 4 is hard but some levels where a bit short and your team mate help a lot more,where on the third you had to kill most of the enemy yourself as your squad were rubbish.

benbam87
12-02-2007, 02:18 AM
Number 3 would have to be the hardest as it is the only one i have not beaten. Although I have never really tried to beat it on expert cause i just got annoyed at the glitchyness(?) of it and stopped playing it, Stupid annoying glitch fest. I will attempt to beat it soon though.

DoM cAbAn
12-02-2007, 02:50 AM
I've only play Call of Duty 2 and 4 on Veteran. The modern weapons make it so much easier in Call of Duty 4 than the older weapons in the World War II settings. I'd say Call of Duty 2 is the hardest.

Royle
12-03-2007, 10:04 PM
CoD 2 was stressful CoD3 was annoying and I'm still to complete CoD4 on Veteran :D
CoD 2 got my vote btw!