PDA

View Full Version : Penalty Shot Guide Alteration Needed

bizzehdee
11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
hi, currently the guide says the following
This is a tough one. First go to your menus and turn the penatly sliders all the to the left and penatly shot sliders to the right. *You must be fouled while taking a shot to get a penalty shot* Wind up for the shot and let a player hit you. It will not work everytime but after a few tries it shouldn't be a problem. If done legit it might be hard to score the penalty shot itself so I suggest to do it with another controler and let the CPU hit you. Then once you're taking the shot have the other controller click the right analog stick and take the goalie to a side. Then shoot at the other side.
*Difficulty must be on at least All-Star* what it needs to say isAll AI sliders for the CPU must be to the left, all penalty and penalty shot sliders must be to the right. once the game has started, cause 2 penalties your self (get 2 of your guys sent to the sin bin, so they are there at the same time) which will say "2 man adavantage" under the clock, once you are 2 men down, get the puck, and wind up for a shot, one of the other teams players will tackle you... this will get you the penalty shot. then all you need to do is score it.

just thought this could help many people get those missing 250 points.

xGWAVE360x
11-26-2007, 02:44 AM
Sweet that has finally cleared the guide up. I thought the guide didnt make sense. Thats a big help thanks :)

PerfectAnt
11-27-2007, 03:41 PM
heres what i did:

1. played as all stars vs denmark.
2. increased all penalties to the right
3. lowered all AI to the left.
4. turned up denmarks roughness
5. had 3 controllers hooked up. 1 on the all stars, 2 on denmark.
6. using denmark i got 2 guys in the penalty box with denmark. this left a 3 on 5.
7. i (allstars) had the puck at center ice
8. with denmark (2 controllers) i moved 2 of their defenders to my goalie. when they were there i switched one of them to the remaining defender near their goal and started to move him to my goal. at which time the defender behind my goal which wasn't controller controlled anymore started back for his goal.
9. i started for their goal, and slowed it down until their defender came up behind me. at which time i started holding down x for the shot.

he fouled me every time i tried this, and i got a penalty shot. remember there must be at least a 2 man advantage for you (3 of their guys on the ice)

dda24
12-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Ok easiest way to do this one is to what the Just done 5 penalty shots in a row!!!!!. heres how!!!! (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5987) thread says to do. Me and my friend played for hours as well as most people, but after reading the thread that was locked we did it three times in like 2 minutes.. Thanks to that thread and it should be unlocked and stickied.... :woop:

Rewmac
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I still can't do it...

Bellend124
03-01-2008, 01:07 AM
I still can't do it...

neither can i and i don't have a 3rd controller to try that other method mentioned.

Kingjip
03-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Ok I just tried what dda 24 did and got it on my first try finally.....I've had this game for almost 2 years and never thought I'd get this....thank you thank you thank you. Just do it with 2 controllers. I even did it all alone. I moved all the defense to the opposite end and started towards the goal. Crossed over the blue line and grab the second controller and headed towards the scorer. I just pushed up on the right stick with the defender when I was behind the attacker and got it. I didn't even have to hit X with the attacker. Also make sure before you start the game to turn all the goalie attributes down on the opposing team. Just to make it that much easier to get the shot in goal.

X monkfish69 X
04-06-2008, 04:43 PM
What is it I'm actually trying to do though ? Am I supposed to be trying to score or am I supposed to be trying to get tackled/fouled ?

Slightly confused about this.....

(This is the last bloody achievement I need on this game and then it can be gotten rid of !)

Skyripper
06-13-2008, 08:31 PM
No matter what I do, I can't seem to get this :(

hurkyharry
06-17-2008, 04:41 PM
guys i found this
YouTube - Penalty shot achievement NHL 2K6 (Xbox 360)

this i think is also helping you guys and my.

daddy exec
07-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks will have to try again

Misfit Kracker
07-20-2008, 06:38 PM
can you do this in an on-line game?

YouStayClassy
07-26-2008, 10:56 PM
I spent another 4 hours trying this over and over again trying to get the %@#%@ achievement. I think I'm officially throwing in the towel... I bet I've spent over 20 hours trying to get it.

Tears have been shed, controllers have been thrown, it can't be done.

Michaeloioi
11-30-2008, 01:41 AM
How do I turn Denmark's roughness up?

Veetus
03-27-2009, 08:33 AM
How do I turn Denmark's roughness up?

I was wondering this too.

NeoRizer
04-18-2009, 06:59 AM
I knew something was off about this. I didn't understand why the guide told us to turn all the penalty sliders to the left EXCEPT for penalty shots...that's so dumb.

I mean how the hell are you supposed to get a penalty shot if all of the penalties are to the left? DIRP.

I used a combination of all the strategies and I got it after following what you said.

I played against Denmark with lowered attributes as my opponents.

I chose the N.A. All Stars as my team.

I played with 3 controllers active, I controlled 1 guy and put the other 2 on the opposing team.

I brought the 2nd and 3rd players in to my zone behind the net, just press up or down on both controllers until they are in your zone.

I took the puck behind my net, sprinted forward with the R button then went for a shot after a break away and got body checked from behind, the guy got a delayed penalty.

I took the puck back behind my net and did the exact same thing, one of the CPU guys body checked me from behind again, I FINALLY got a chance at a penalty shot.

I faked left and right then just shot with X. Went in no problems. If you lower the attributes on Denmarks goalies to 1 in each stat they're useless and have zero reaction.

Thank you kind sir for this correction. My God this was annoying...it took me 3 minutes for the first 750 and another 2 hours just for this bull crap.

aServantOfGod
04-19-2009, 04:05 AM
I just tried for another 2 hours. I have to come to the complete conclusion that this achivement is.....

IMPOSSIBLE.

I have 1,000 on COD 4 & 5, but this achievement is ridiculous. I'm a member of the Mile High Club and I can't get this shit. NO ONE EVER FOULS ME. Just knocks me away from the puck. Its fucking retarded. I get "slashed" while I'm shooting, but never get a penalty shot. Fuck this game.

Jasmx
11-10-2009, 01:15 AM
I too have been trying this for about 3 hours now & its just not having it at all!!!!!

I've tried every different way of doing this & nothing happens, crap game