PDA

View Full Version : Simply The Best Game Ever Made?

tj_roe_94
11-13-2007, 02:43 AM
IS CALL OF DUTY 4 SImply the best game ever made?

Maka
11-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Not quite.

Other than the weapons, to me, it feels rather similar to the other CoD games, although they were very good.

I still love it, dont get me wrong, but it feels the same.

jorGe62990
11-13-2007, 03:12 AM
lol thats a very powerful statement my friend...a definite must-buy for this year, and for the xbox (and all other platforms)...I do see similarities from the other COD, but the modern era really gives it a refreshing new look...will be a best seller and compete with halo

DoM cAbAn
11-13-2007, 03:16 AM
Yes, the fact that it is modern fighting makes it a whole lot better. I'd definately say that this is one of my favorite games of all time. The Online Multiplayer is just outstanding, and don't get me started on how much I like the new guns... :p However, there are still many more games to release this year.

fonzycore
11-13-2007, 03:26 AM
I think its the best FPS ever made, but not the best game. There are too many different game types and variables to consider. (Final Fantasy VII is my personal favorite). But yeh... it is for sure in my top 10, maybe even top 5 best games that I've ever played. The multiplayer is phenomenal and the single player is actually challenging unlike other FPS fan favorites like Halo, Gears of War, Half-Life, Bioshock... blah blah blah

9.5/10 starzzz for me, best FPS out there.

eXiled Killah
11-13-2007, 03:35 AM
I think its the best FPS ever made, but not the best game. There are too many different game types and variables to consider. (Final Fantasy VII is my personal favorite). But yeh... it is for sure in my top 10, maybe even top 5 best games that I've ever played. The multiplayer is phenomenal and the single player is actually challenging unlike other FPS fan favorites like Halo, Gears of War, Half-Life, Bioshock... blah blah blah

Thanks for keeping things in perspective. The opening post was very bold and a bit short sighted for my taste.;)

Blind x360a
11-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Wasn't GoW a TPS?
I do love this game and it is my favorite game to come out this year.

snafegeeza
11-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Its the best gaming experience I have ever had, online and offline.

Awsome game.

killlah631
11-13-2007, 05:11 AM
It's a great game, online and offline, definitely one of the best of the year in my opinion, but broadly saying the best game ever made is a little too much to state, and plus you can't conclude what the best game ever is due to people having different opinions.

III Vesper III
11-13-2007, 05:14 AM
The game seriously needs recoil. Every gun is a laser gun.

Nubzilla 3G
11-13-2007, 05:18 AM
This game is the best FPS game I personally have ever played.

FM Snell
11-13-2007, 06:04 AM
This game will be in my own personal top 5 for a long time. Some parts in the single player left me speechless, and the MP is just incredible. Such an amazing game.

fonzycore
11-13-2007, 09:20 AM
The game seriously needs recoil. Every gun is a laser gun.

Have you ever played CoD1 or 2? lol Every gun in those had recoil, I think since this is a futuristic version of those games it only made sense to have more guns with less recoil. There are still a lot though, like the mounted machine guns in multiplayer and a lot of the general multiplayer weapons.

LegendBoy
11-13-2007, 11:49 AM
This is the best game I've ever played on the 360, no doubt about it.

TriesButFails
11-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Its one of the better of the games this year but not the best.....still way up there though. I've been with CoD since the first one on the PC and CoD4 does seem the same as the others but its still a great game!

MrEastSide
11-13-2007, 12:06 PM
the single player is actually challenging unlike other FPS fan favorites like Halo, Gears of War, Half-Life, Bioshock... blah blah blah

Halo is pretty hard on Legendary and Gears of War is incredibly hard as well on insane difficulty. What are you smoking?

Waylander73
11-13-2007, 12:17 PM
It's the new Counter Strike for me and has stopped me playing Rainbow 6 and I can't give it any higher praise than that apart from saying it is the Dog's Danglies! :woop:

Jabi1
11-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Have you ever played CoD1 or 2? lol Every gun in those had recoil, I think since this is a futuristic version of those games it only made sense to have more guns with less recoil. There are still a lot though, like the mounted machine guns in multiplayer and a lot of the general multiplayer weapons.

I don't know if "futuristic" is the right word to describe this, but anyway, I still like the WWII games almost as much even though CoD4 may be the best fps I have played. In modern setting, almost every weapon can be used for sniping thanks to red dot sights and a ACOG scopes and such. In WWII games every weapon had more distinctive role, just try to use MP44 for sniping. It would be really cool if IW (or maybe Treyarch) would make as good shooter as CoD4, but the setting would be WWII again. It's true that modern era gives more possibilities and variety considering the gameplay, but there must still be new things to add on WWII games.

Tiberian
11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
No its certainly not the best game ever made but it does come close. Some things could have been done differently and they could have extended the length of the single player in my opinion.

Its certainly a great game though.

zI HURRIC4N3 Iz
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Possibly...

Steelhead
11-13-2007, 02:35 PM
No. Definitely not the best game ever made.

headshed101
11-13-2007, 05:01 PM
This is the most immersive gaming experience I have had in a very long time. Halo 3 didn't come close compared to this...a phenominal story mode that I have yet to complete and with multiplayer beckoning, this game is one of my favourites of all time.

Minty
11-13-2007, 05:08 PM
I agree with people that says its one of the best in the genre, but I dont think that you can compare this to things like Final Fantasy or Assassin's Creed.

Mass Effect may give it a good run for its money though. Personally, Id put this over Bioshock due to the fact that its got wicked multiplayer- im not a FPS fan generelly, but even I spent hours every night online

fonzycore
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Halo is pretty hard on Legendary and Gears of War is incredibly hard as well on insane difficulty. What are you smoking?

All I gotta say is campaign co-op. That made the hardest modes so easy. CoD makes you do it alone.

Tom19
11-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Its easily the best shooter i have played in a long time, online and offline, weather its the best game ever is yet to be said. there are loads of great games still to be released, im putting my money on Resident Evil 5 being probabily one of the best games ever, but in the shooting world, yes this game would be my best game ever.

matty cheetham
11-13-2007, 06:21 PM
i like COD dont get me wrong but it just simply isnt the best game ever made.
half-life 2,Halo, bioshock and others are on my list this probably is probably one of the best games of the year.
---

NJForce357
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Its an awesome game no doubt about it, but I really would have liked to seen Co-Op in it.

LegendBoy
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
I agree with people that says its one of the best in the genre, but I dont think that you can compare this to things like Final Fantasy or Assassin's Creed.

Mass Effect may give it a good run for its money though. Personally, Id put this over Bioshock due to the fact that its got wicked multiplayer- im not a FPS fan generelly, but even I spent hours every night online

Surely you can't compare it to a game you've not played yourself, especially when talking about the best game ever made. I think Assassins Creed will be a bit of a letdown to be fair, judging by the reviews so far (excluding GameSpots).

shadow sniper
11-13-2007, 11:58 PM
i didn't read what everyone said so i don't know if this has been said already. i do not think its the best ever mad because it feels like graw and rainbow six. If cod 4 came before those games then maybe yes it is but its not that new. Also the server wow someone fix it!!and it be sooooo mmuch better if you could play some co-op online i mean come one every game has that.

she haunts me
11-20-2007, 09:42 AM
shooter of the year, by far. best game ever? no way. kronik game tho

BlaZiN cdn
11-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I think this game is one of the best I've played, and I think it should win game of the year.

Mirksta
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Online: best multiplayer game created. Give us regular DLC until CoD5 (WHICH WILL BE MADE BY IW OR ACTIVISION GET BEATANS) and it'll stay the best

Campaign: one of my favs ever, definately the most epic. But like other poeple are saying, RPGS and racing games are competely different and impossible to compare. So it'll have to have best FPS created, and in the top 5/10 of all time.