PDA

View Full Version : Heat Level On Vet Help!!!

dfrnt
11-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Does any1 have any tips on beating the heat level on veteran its the level where you have to get back to the LZ in about 3mins but on veteran the enemy is to hard and my team dont follow me even thou im meant to take the lead plz help.

Blind x360a
11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
YouTube - Call Of Duty 4 COD 4 Easy way to do HEAT on Veteran

zI HURRIC4N3 Iz
11-13-2007, 02:10 PM
^^^^^ That video helped me. :)

mslot722
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I was able to do it a different way...

When you first get the countdown, I ran to the right through the house right infront of the barn, shoot a couple guys trying to run through the doorway. Then run as far right as possible (while still running straight). Basically, this makes your guys deal with all of the enemies in the front while you run around them, kinda cheap, but your guys don't die. Keep running to the right and you will come across the cemetary again like in the level 'Safehouse'. A bunch of guys move ambush you here, so quickly run into the church to avoid them and run right by you. Come out the other side and jump over the fence, pick off a few guys infront of you, then run down and jump over another fence and your at the LZ with about 2 minutes left, and according to the movie, he hasn't even left the barn yet with 2 minutes left. I died maybe twice while trying this way, and you do get a random checkpoint right before you enter the cemetary, so that should help too.

FM Snell
11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
I tried about 30 times and failed... than after watching that video I did it on my first try. :)

mybadlegs1
06-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I tried about 30 times and failed... than after watching that video I did it on my first try. :)

Same here! great video!

codename26
06-03-2008, 04:19 PM
The way I did it, was: As soon as you ave taken out the last tank, swap the javelin for a decent weapon in the barn, as the RPD takes an age to reload, then make a run for it through the building on the right into the field. Dont wait for the countdown to begin, or to be told you need to get down to the new LZ.

nce you have cleared the building and are in the field, throw a smoke grenade forwards and to the left..... (took me ages to realise I had smokes and not flashes :D) Go through the fence and round the right side of the house. Once there, cross the road and go to the concrete steps and head left towards the next building......you may need to throw another smoke near the building so you dont get killed.

Once in the building, make your way through and continue down the hill.

Going this way, I never had to shoot anyone from the moment I left the barn. And the counter started about 15 seconds before I got to the end.

regards

Facial La Fleur
06-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah the 'Heat' chapter is amazingly difficult if you don't have some sort of decent strategy to finish it. All these and the video all show good if not sorta cheap ways of making it out alive. Good luck.

Nevander
06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
How I beat "Heat" on Veteran:

Ok, so...I got this level beat on veteran yesterday and I want to tell you guys how I beat it. I did a combination of some of the techniques on this site and also the video but this way worked best for me, and it is the safest way. :woop:

1) At the start of the mission, only use one smoke grenade to cover long enough to eliminate most of the enemy on the hill.
2) Save at least four air strikes because I only ended up using two.
3) Once you are told to fall back to the far back barn, switch your load out to a Dragonov or M21, and the Javelin. Take out the tanks and then switch the Javelin for the G36C.
4) A few minutes later, I used a couple air strikes on the fence at the road to eliminate most of the enemies that are running to your position.
5) When you get to about 2:40 left, run to the white shack to your right outside the barn and kill anyone inside, and don't run out the other door to the other field because there are guys coming, I encountered two squads.
6) Climb up the stairs to your right inside the shack if you're facing the door that they come from and peer out a small square window and snipe the ones coming, this will kill the ones far ahead, giving you time to get to the house without getting killed.
7) Once they are dead, run out and sprint to the far out house to the far right that has a broken fence, go inside the fence and to the right side of the house.
8) Get an air strike sent to where the cart is sitting and throw a smoke down to the concrete area, where the small wall is and the one that is in front of the water tower, you should now have two smokes left.
9) After the last bomb falls, sprint down to where the smoke is and lay down for cover.
10) Use another smoke to cover your sprint to the house that should now be in front of you, if you are laying prone towards the next house to the left of the water tower.
11) Run inside the house, down the stairs, and to the front door, they might kill you here, so throw a smoke out near the wrecked car to cover your run down the hill.
12) Once you are past this part, you won't get shot at anymore, I only got hit one more time at the white fence, and jumped over and got inside the helicopter with thirty something seconds left.

This is how I beat it. Good luck with this! :)

Link to original thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45192&highlight=Facing+Heat+Strategy%29

GuardianAngelNR
06-21-2009, 06:47 PM
The way I did it, was: As soon as you ave taken out the last tank, swap the javelin for a decent weapon in the barn, as the RPD takes an age to reload, then make a run for it through the building on the right into the field. Dont wait for the countdown to begin, or to be told you need to get down to the new LZ.

nce you have cleared the building and are in the field, throw a smoke grenade forwards and to the left..... (took me ages to realise I had smokes and not flashes :D) Go through the fence and round the right side of the house. Once there, cross the road and go to the concrete steps and head left towards the next building......you may need to throw another smoke near the building so you dont get killed.

Once in the building, make your way through and continue down the hill.

Going this way, I never had to shoot anyone from the moment I left the barn. And the counter started about 15 seconds before I got to the end.

regards

Duuuudeee, i didnt know you got smoke grenades :@ thats gonna help me a lotttt.

Gorilla Stomper
06-22-2009, 10:51 PM
this mission pisses me off so badly, I'm sick and tired of me being the only target and not being able to see who's shooting me.