PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Club

Rashaka1
11-17-2007, 12:00 AM
This has got to be the worst excuse for a bonus level that I've ever seen. Nothing about it is in the least little bit fun. You have to run as fast as you can and kill hardly nothing, you get slaughtered because your teammates either shoot you int he back or feel the need to NOT shoot the enemy. This thing is totally lame. I beat veteran in a little over 12 hours and yet I've been playing for the past 18 hours and am unable to beat this stage... wtg PoS4

Thorpe
11-17-2007, 01:39 AM
It's more luck at times since the AI can be different each time. Like sometimes, that guy who comes out the toilet shoots you when you run past him. Not all the time though. Just an example.

Adram
11-17-2007, 04:43 AM
The level design and timing are great, although it does bring some flaws to the surface. Mile High Club, from what I see, was designed to basically be a test of game mechanics and precise movement, sort of like a dangerous version of the mock-up course at the beginning, not really a regular level.

I actually had a much harder time with the infiltration in No Fighting in the War Room.

austin rules
11-17-2007, 07:12 PM
i thought it was a good test of skill and percision along with throwing a bunch of flash gernades at just the right place

AbOuT27nInJaS
11-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I think this levels also a pile of crap, well infact its not a level, just a 1 minute pile of crap and I have officially given up on it, and it's the only achievements I've not got. Great job Infinity, not.

zI HURRIC4N3 Iz
11-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Finished this today, very hard indeed.

Neejoh
11-17-2007, 08:00 PM
A pile of crap? I loved it!

Took me 4 hours on veteran to complete a 60sec level. I agree that it's really hard to complete but it's a really good test of skill IMO. First time I even shot the VIP in the head :( You won't believe how glad I was when I finally finished this one.

My current score on Mile High Club Arcade is 38325, on hardened. I'm probably gonna do it again on veteran for a higher score....

blowfish
11-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah this level is cheep and cr*p, so much luck involved as well. I came so close so many times until i figured out in the second section just before the stairs instead of trying to kill everybody just lob a flash bang to about 3/4 of the way near the back, most of the time this will stun everybody, instead of killing them sprint past them all then kill the two guys that come down the stairs from the left and that will save you 10 seconds, enough to do the last part without breaking your neck.

crudesunman
11-17-2007, 08:36 PM
i thought it was kinda fun in regular but on veteran its "make you hit your dog" hard :uzi::eek:

AbOuT27nInJaS
11-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Yup, a pile of crap, I've not even made it to the vip on vet, and yes I know i'm rubbish at it, lol

Yaeyah
11-18-2007, 12:24 AM
the level reminds me a bit of some of the old Goldeneye missions on 00Agent difficulty... good times.

JesusBread
11-18-2007, 02:17 AM
i thought it was a good test of skill and percision along with throwing a bunch of flash gernades at just the right place

I've only completed it on recruit, but it is one of the best bonus levels I've ever played in a game.

Bodangles
11-18-2007, 03:08 AM
just because you cannot beat something doesn't mean it is a pile of crap. i personally loved Mile High. challenging? more than. but still great. War Room and Chernobyl were just as hard, this one relied a lot more on individual skill though. fantastic job by IW.

chapuchi
11-18-2007, 12:08 PM
I'll have to agree with you guys, for the first 10 tries or so I thought the level was awesome, then it kinda went downhill from there until I got a little further, then it was like new hope. Took me no less than a hour to complete, keep going at it...I personally thought I would never get it.

For tips, I would say knife the guy in the bathroom, then use the Sub to take out the guy in front of you and proceed with the MP5. Now after you kill the first guy, flash at the far back and run and just shoot, make sure they die though or they'll get unflashed and will attack you. Go to the right side (in front should be some chairs) and just hide/reload there. Flash, pop out and kill some guys and just wait till your mates come in and finish the job. Go up the stairs, and use a flash band to the right side (if you are facing the room you must enter) then proceed left. Now just hope that you don't have to reload and go through the left entrance to the next room, immediately look to the right because there will be at least 3 guys there, take em out, flash, and run like hell. Watch out, because there will be two more guys that come in, and just spray, sprint your way to the door. Take a breath and take the shot, congrats you've completed the Mile High Club.

I know that is just a rehash of what some people said, but I took two different methods and combined them into a winning solution (at least for me it was). Overall, I have to say that I got lucky on the last run. Good luck, and be patient with the game, you'll get the achievement in no time.

MopFlop
11-18-2007, 12:39 PM
y hate this lvl??? its fun and a test of skill.
people only hate it cos they are goin for an achievement. all u need to do is trow a flash into every room u enter, and run. just like the mock ship

Neejoh
11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
One of the most important things to remember is to pickup weapons on the way. I'll explain step by step how I went through it:
Start running while the screen is still fading in. This way you can run past the first one coming out of the toilet, your team will take care of him (most of the time).
Take out the left guy in front of you, ignore the right one for now. He will walk out of sight.
After you kill him, start running through the left "office" and immediately throw a flashbang over the seats towards the opening the enemies will run out of. It's important not to stop running! Even if you kinda flashed yourself.
When you exit the room where you've thrown the flashbang from, first kill the enemy on your right (left over from the first two) and start killing enemies from right to left so your team will keep walking. While firing keep walking on the left side of the seats. The moment your MP5 is empty, switch to secondary weapon and kill the one sitting in the doorway. Pickup the P90 laying on the floor and keep your MP5. Here you need just a little bit of luck with bullets...
Run through the opening to the right, and duck behind the seats. Start reloading right away, you should hear the "hull breach". While reloading your team should walk past you, when full start walking/shooting towards the right side of the seats. Keep your aim high, so you will automatically shoot the two coming down the stairs. When walking past the last seat press the "knife" button to be sure there's no enemy behind it anymore.
Your P90 should be empty right now so switch the gun with the P90 laying down on the floor. Secondary needs to be swap with one on the ground too! You need at least one full clip and one just enough to kill two enemies, so if not--reload. Throw a flashbang to the left side when you come up the stairs and kill the enemies on the left and right behind the seats. Duck behind the brown wooden wall in the middle and reload. You should have one full clip and one gun with a couple of bullets left. Make sure you have the gun with the full clip selected.
Sidestep through the left door and shoot the two remaining enemies with two bullets (headshots only!), stand in cover on the left side in the room. While your team enters this room, throw a flashbang to the next room/hallway. When you run in, I just started shooting the stunned enemies from right to left. Do not forget the last one to the left, ducked behind some seats!
At this point your gun should be empty. Switch and kill the last two enemies running around the corner with the last couple of bullets in your secondary gun. Run towards the closed doors.
Time slows down, but you've probably only got about a second to shoot the last enemy holding the V.I.P. Do this as fast as possible because he'll get into cover behind the V.I.P. more and more. Better to aim to high than too low! Friendly fire will not be tolerated :(
Now just wait while your team blows the door on the left and jump out of the plain.When I write it down it looks damn easy..., but to be honest: it really isn't :p You really need a bit of luck in a couple of places. You really need to be hitting the enemies in the right spot. You really need to run like hell. You really need a lot of patience! I hope this helped, if only a little. Goodluck!

Simo1097
11-18-2007, 07:21 PM
How do you get the mile high club level? Do you have to watch the credits to the end or complete arcade mode.I've completed it on veteran and thought it would be under mission select.

DakidJose
11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Yay i just finish the hile migh club on veteran and now i got 1000 in call of duty 4....:D....it was hours of cursing n punching my wall....:mad: but at da end i got it...just keep trying thats all did pick your strategy n keep doing it...

NeonDelta
11-18-2007, 08:13 PM
you have to watch the credits at the end, then it comes up

Simo1097
11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks mate i usually just skip the credits but i'll watch them to try this level.

NeonDelta
11-18-2007, 10:46 PM
i just spent 2 hours trying to do this :( furthest i got was half way accross top floor, i had 5 secs left

ChainGang 911
11-19-2007, 06:48 AM
just finished it on vetern it has to be one of the most fustrating thing i have ever done, mostly for the people who did it would be done on pure luck

x SWiF7 x
11-19-2007, 08:59 AM
I did it, and yes it took a while but once you get the strategy down and know when to reload you should be ok.. takes some real skill but you will get there :)

RavenBlackthorn
11-19-2007, 02:49 PM
A pile of crap? I loved it!

Took me 4 hours on veteran to complete a 60sec level. I agree that it's really hard to complete but it's a really good test of skill IMO. First time I even shot the VIP in the head :( You won't believe how glad I was when I finally finished this one.

My current score on Mile High Club Arcade is 38325, on hardened. I'm probably gonna do it again on veteran for a higher score....

Yeah, I played it for 4 straight hours before deciding to call it a night. The next morning, I made it on my third try.

The thing that gets me about this level is that there are so many variables--many of which are outside of your control. I can't agree more that it's a combination of skill and luck. I felt like beating this level was the miraculous equivalent of the planets aligning or something. Its seems that 9 times out of 10, I'd flash everyone in the room but that 1 guy that would remain unflashed and eff it up. Sometimes you'd flash them and they'd stay in their aisle behind the seats, but more often then not, they'd stumble out, directly into your path.
Or, half the time my team moves up and clears the second room, the other half they don't. Sometimes they'll kill that guy standing in front of them, sometimes they'll run straight past him. Sometimes you'll pick up a weapon with full ammo, but most of the time it only has 1 shot left. Sometimes you could pepper the wall where you KNOW that guy is standing behind and kill him but other times you'd get shot in the back as you ran past.

I think this level is a great test of skill, but I think that it would be quite a bit easier if the game was more consistent. (Everyone in the room got flashed every time, Your team cleared in the same manner every time, You didn't get stuck on some random bit of architecture that you were able to run straight past 10 times before... etc.)