PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on TV Station (Veteran)

Dan23xx
11-17-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm stuck on this part of the level. The part where theres like 100 monitors in the room. I've tried a lot of different strategies but nothing seems to work. What usually happens is i hide in a room and snipe people or something and then the next thing i know theres 3 grenages right next to me. And i try to throw some back and get away from the rest but its tough.

Any particular strategy you guys would reccomend?

Sorry, just saw that post a few spots below me....

desai100
11-17-2007, 07:07 PM
just did this today. before you go in pick up a shotgun if you can find one. before the big room you get a check point. go through and carry on going straight an there is a door in front of you. hide behind the side bit of the desk (not in the actual compartment, the right hand side as you approach it). stay behind this cover and peek through. there is a guy who pokes his head round or runs at you. take him out and then throw a half cooked grenade into that room and run in and crouch/prone. at the entrance put a mine and keep going through. don't stay in cover for too long because as you know grenades come flying towards you. when you walk all the way through stop next to the door taking you back into the big room. peek out and straight ahead is a room with a guy hiding behind the desk. shoot him with assault rifle and go back in cover. keep peeking out and see if you can kill a few near the main door. sprint to this entrance. if you die try it again and keep going till you get through that door. wait there for a few seconds and you may get a guy trying to rush you. kill him )if he comes and cautiously peek round the corner to see if there are any enemies left. hopefully your team have dealt with them. wait for them to come let them open the door and go up the stairs mission done.

bit lengthy but hope this helps!!

BlackcatS
11-17-2007, 07:39 PM
quickly get your self at the corridor in the north east side of the room to can stop enemy. best way is get cover in the room on the right side of big room. get cover for 5-10second and then quickly come out and get to the corridor.if you you are going to wait the enemy come until lifetime

daninthemix
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
I died a number of times doing this, then one time I got lucky. I sprinted to the small room straight ahead if you turn right immediately as you enter the room, and waited by the door there.

I think either I got there so quickly that time that no-one saw me, so I wasn't awash with grenades, or it was because I was right next to the door, rather than tucked at the back of the room.

I waited a few minutes for the fighting to die down, then sprinted out to the right to the corridor where you proceed from.

headshed101
11-19-2007, 05:14 PM
I died a number of times doing this, then one time I got lucky. I sprinted to the small room straight ahead if you turn right immediately as you enter the room, and waited by the door there.
Tried this a few times, didn't work for me...maybe cos I wasn't fast enough?

One that worked for me was rush to the corridor that is diagonally opposite the door you enter from and while crouching down, every now and again taking pot shots at enemies that appear and returning grenades. This part of the level is a real bitch but persevere and you'll get it.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
11-19-2007, 08:16 PM
i know this was a hard ass level im still trying to finish it... on vet hopefully this will work

Noclaf68
11-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I found that you have to take it slow and steady...if you rush in balls out you will die. First make sure you take the two guys that are up on the second level. The just stay behind cover and continue to move up in the right side of the room. Eventuallly your squad will follow and move into the middle of the room and clear the room of bad guys. I failed this about 30 times until i decided to take it slow.

Shore08
11-19-2007, 09:32 PM
I wound up turning right after going through the doorway and running down to the end of the cubicles, then crouching. I tossed a flashbang high up so that it would go off in the air, and that stunned several enemies. I'd put 2 grenades down to where they were then sprint to the hallway where the stairs to the next area are. That puts an end to the spawning of the enemies. I hid in there and set some claymores so that the enemies remaining couldn't sneak up on me. Now my guys had the room surrounded and we were able to pick off the remaining few enemies.

Originally I tried going straight ahead and working my way through the rooms on the far side, tossing a flashbang ahead of me. That worked ok, but I kept getting my butt kicked and surrounded by grenades. I tried this one about 30 times before I got through as well. It is definately a tough part.

laundryman
11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
What I did was I took a Dragunov Sniper (just one, don't pick up the other for extra ammo) from the first bulding that you clear. Keep that and once you get to the station simply stay back and snipe. When you run out of ammo, go back and pick up the other one.