PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Advice Please

TheManners
11-19-2007, 12:17 AM
I started playing CoD4 online today and I'm having good fun but I want to get some better results. Basically I just run and gun, place a few claymores and occasionally try to do a few challenges.

I got to Lv. 26 today, and I have only used SnGs thus far. My K/D ratio is only 1.0 and I am usually quite good at this game genre online - does anyone have any advice for doing better; which scenarios, weapons, perks and any other general tips to level up faster?

Thanks.

jorGe62990
11-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Work towards challenges to level up faster...things like blowing up a car 15 times or killing 15 people while being prone could be done in one match and give you over 1000 XP...as for tactics, i usually just do free-for-all and roam around gunnin' for anybody that i can see...camping doesn't usually work in this game, as there aren't many places to camp, especially if you want lots of kills...runnin' and gunnin' gets me about 25 kills a match...as for weapons, anything really goes...most maps have a combination or close quarters, open fields, or a mix of both so any weapon will do...i would advise going with an all-around gun such as an M4...thats what i use and its working for me

TheManners
11-19-2007, 12:31 AM
ok thanks. I tried some of the assault rifles and didn't get on with them but I think this is because the default sights suck - with the lazer I'd probably be ok.

I find the SnG overall very effective but in some situations like when I'm on top of a floor and someones quite far in the distance I won't even bother shooting with it due to the range.

_______
Oh yea, another Q... I played on this tiny map and got over 45kills but I've only played on it twice. Is there anyway to play on it more often like choosing a scenario? I think I found it on Headquarters.

filmeister33
11-19-2007, 12:58 AM
just get a gun and keep using it till you have all the uprades for it and keep beating challenges

SadisticHam
11-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Meh if you want to be good, you don't exactly need to do ALL the challenges. It just helps level up that doesn't exactly make you any better it just unlocks more stuff.

Find a gun you like and you find works well, build a character around it. Perks and so on and get the best possible build for yourself. Make a couple for different situations (close quarters, long distance, medium range and so on) seems to work well for me.

jorGe62990
11-19-2007, 01:46 AM
well i only said to try to get challenges in order to level up and unlock better weapons which would help his game a whole lot...if you are good already then any weapon will do, but each weapon has its own feel and damage

I Rickz I
11-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Heres a small tip
Use the right type of gun for the right map e.g large maps and sniping maps (overgrown,bloc) use sniper rifles.
For medium sized maps (district, strike) use accurate assault rifles or LMG's
For small maps (vacant) use SMG' and shotguns for up close spraying

A gun you do well with on the right sort of map makes all the difference

ClutchPapi34
11-19-2007, 11:04 PM
First, get 25 kills with an M16. Then, put the red dot scope on your M16. Put on Stopping Power for perk 2, and Deep Impact on perk 3. Perk one is up to you. If you learn where to hide you will do much better.

rx32degrepber
11-19-2007, 11:09 PM
try to work on the challeges bc when you do those they level you up faster than just running around and killing people. and dont just use snipers use all the different guns pick a gun that goes good with the map you are playing

Royal38
11-20-2007, 04:20 AM
I agree with most above. Complete the tasks and more up. I went with one gun at a time and maxed it out, and did the other tasks while maing out.