PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to fix this?

FoxRacing1234
11-19-2007, 01:36 AM
This was my first time playing this game online and I can't connect to the server, it just keeps searching for games and never finds anything, and one time it gave me this message "Your playlist data is older than the host's. You must restart the game or reconnect to XBOX LIVE in order to get the new playlist data." Anybody know how to fix this? I don't think this thread was started before. I'm hoping that it's a server problem and not mine.

jorGe62990
11-19-2007, 01:44 AM
i know there have been server problems recently but i haven't heard of that message popping up...all i can tell you is give your internet a rest by unplugging any router or internet connection you have, and test it again tomorrow

FoxRacing1234
11-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Well the problem with that is that I have no control over the internet. My apartment building controls the internet. I'm not having a problem at all surfing the web. That message popped up when it said that it was trying to download settings I think. It's really really pissing me off. And I don't have a router, so I can only be on either my computer or LIVE. Sucks but I don't feel like paying for a router right now. (college student. lol) I've never had this problem before playing this game either.

jorGe62990
11-19-2007, 02:05 AM
just give it a rest, be patient with it, and hopefully the problem is with Live (which currently it is)...don't get too worried that it might be your problem to deal with...a lot of people are experiencing problems with their connections lately

Zieu
11-19-2007, 03:55 AM
Yeah, there've been lots of problems with the servers lately, so I would wait it out. If the problem persists, it could be the NAT settings for your setup. Run the Network Connections test in the 360 Dashboard, and if your NAT is reading "Strict", that is most likely the source of your problem. If that's the case, you might consider buying one of the Xbox Live compatible routers, but if that's not an option, I'm afraid that's all I can offer.

Best of luck. :D

FoxRacing1234
11-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Okay, thanks guys! And yeah I checked earlier because I was curious and it is strict. But I haven't had any problems playing Halo, Raw vs. Smackdown 07 & 08, and Ghost Recon 2. But if it does keep happening then I will have to buy a router, which sucks. But thanks again!