PDA

View Full Version : Hunted on veteran

headshed101
11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Big problems with this level on veteran.

Near the beginning there's a field that you cross to reach a house and after getting ambushed Captain Price orders Gaz to open the cellar door to the house while I have to defend the position as he breaks it open. This is no problem at all but what is really pissing me off is everytime I move to jump into the cellar I get shot from behind (usually from the gunner in the chopper who appears to be invincible) and I die.

How in god's name are you supposed to do this?! Any advice appreciated!

desai100
11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
sorry. I didn't have this problem. I just hid behind the tractor and when he opened the door I sprinted through. Yes I got sprayed a little but I still got through first time on veteran. Maybe you're standing too far away or not making your run quick enough?

dtolley
11-19-2007, 06:40 PM
I had no problem either. I don't remember what kind of cover I was behind, but I was directly in front of the cellar door. Just a quick sprint to it and didn't get hit at all.

RavenBlackthorn
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Big problems with this level on veteran.

Near the beginning there's a field that you cross to reach a house and after getting ambushed Captain Price orders Gaz to open the cellar door to the house while I have to defend the position as he breaks it open. This is no problem at all but what is really pissing me off is everytime I move to jump into the cellar I get shot from behind (usually from the gunner in the chopper who appears to be invincible) and I die.

How in god's name are you supposed to do this?! Any advice appreciated!

It seemed (for me at least) that if I tried to run into the cellar as soon as he opened it and said "Door's open! Let's Go!" I died every time. When I did successfully make it in, I killed as many people on the ground as possible before going in. Try shooting the guys in the doorway of the helicopter as well (as they are getting ready to fastrope). It seemed that the fewer enemies I left, the less damage I took.

headshed101
11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the replies guys - tried all of what you've suggested already but to no avail. Gave up on it last night and switched to Hardened just to get the achievement. Will go back to veteran once done.

Shore08
11-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I laid prone in the grass behind the tractor facing the cellar door. As soon as Gaz opened it I was up and running. The biggest problem I had was running into the other guys as I tried to get through the door.

Now I am stuck at the helicopter at the end. I can't seem to get past him and into the barn. If I hide under the trucks I am safe from him, but I get grenaded. If I try to go around and behind the sandbags, he stalks me until he gets me, and if sprint for the barn I get mowed down by the guys inside. I tried sneaking back through the level to see about an RPG, but the stupid helicopter followed me around! Any tips?

zI HURRIC4N3 Iz
11-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Now I am stuck at the helicopter at the end. I can't seem to get past him and into the barn. If I hide under the trucks I am safe from him, but I get grenaded. If I try to go around and behind the sandbags, he stalks me until he gets me, and if sprint for the barn I get mowed down by the guys inside. I tried sneaking back through the level to see about an RPG, but the stupid helicopter followed me around! Any tips?

If you can try shooting the person on the helicopter's turret. This should buy at least 10-15 seconds. Then throw flash bangs & run in the barn to the right & hide under the stairs & let you're team do the work. That's what I done ;)

Shore08
11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Sounds like a plan, but I may be out of flashbangs... have to check on that one. Thanks though! I didn't know you could kill the gunner. That opens up new possibilities...

laundryman
11-20-2007, 11:09 PM
It will help later in the level....

Shore08
11-21-2007, 03:05 AM
I FINALLY got past it. I ran up, killed the first guy by the cinderblocks. then moved up to the short piece of wall. I waited for my guys to move up and kill the guys in the open, then sprinted to the last truck on the right. I played hide and go F yourself with the helicopter, then when it was out of position I charged the building (I was out of flashbangs) and hid under the stairs. I killed anyone that got near me and waited for sweet sweet retribution when I got to shoot that dude down. Thanks for the help guys.

Master_Chief12
10-24-2009, 09:00 PM
are there any sniper rifles on this level, this would make taking out the heli gunner alot swifter and stop me getting pissed off lol. so cant wait to get my hands on the Stinger in that barn and shoot that cocky bastard outta the sky!

K-Will
10-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Throw a flashbangs, it is a lot easier.

Jethrow
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
gunner in chopper isn't invincible, i shot the guys trying to repel out of the chopper then i've shot the guy shooting then i'd just turn and run and jump in the celler, ya i'd actually jump. you could shoot some frags and flashbangs if you feel, but not needed really. i know what you mean though, it was a bit of pain.

The Ultrafiend
10-29-2009, 01:33 AM
I think I was behind some barrels opposite the door.

Kept up the firefight and when the door was open, waited about ten seconds, sprayed some cover and ran. Luck maybe.

Stewie Griffin2
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I think I was behind some barrels opposite the door.

Kept up the firefight and when the door was open, waited about ten seconds, sprayed some cover and ran. Luck maybe.

It's been almost a year since I got this done, but I'm pretty sure this is what I did as well. I do remember getting killed a couple of times between the tractor and the cellar.

As for the end of the mission, I was banging my head against the wall for an hour before I finally got to the Stinger. I hid in the greenhouse, made sure there was a roof over my head, and kept picking off the enemies until it seemed they'd thinned out, then I waited for the heli to be somewhere he wouldn't be able to kill me and threw all of my flashbangs I had left into the barn and stormed in spraying. I died the first time I got into the barn, but the second time was a charm for me. I just couldn't get past the chopper at first, and occasionally would get killed by a guy I didn't see or a grenade.

TheGameK1ng
10-29-2009, 06:38 PM
I never had a single problem with this mission on veteran...

Stewie Griffin2
10-29-2009, 06:48 PM

Well aren't you the greatest fucking thing since sliced bread!

The Ultrafiend
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
As for the end of the mission, I was banging my head against the wall for an hour before I finally got to the Stinger. I hid in the greenhouse, made sure there was a roof over my head, and kept picking off the enemies until it seemed they'd thinned out, then I waited for the heli to be somewhere he wouldn't be able to kill me and threw all of my flashbangs I had left into the barn and stormed in spraying. I died the first time I got into the barn, but the second time was a charm for me. I just couldn't get past the chopper at first, and occasionally would get killed by a guy I didn't see or a grenade.

The chopper at the end moves in accordance to where you're hiding.

If you're crouching in the ruined building directly opposite the barn, the helicopter is forced to make a low pass behind the barn to come round and get you. That's when it's blocked off & that's when I ran straight for the Stinger.

I think you've got about nine seconds to get from the building to the barn and let your squad clear out the couple of enemies inside before the heli comes out the other side to kill you. Once I was in, I popped a checkpoint so...all good.

the divine fuzz
02-20-2010, 08:40 AM
me to except for the last bit with the chopper attacking you, and the first bit the chopper came... that seemed impossible! nontheless, i completed it in around 30 mins!

the divine fuzz
02-20-2010, 08:41 AM
oh, and by the way, for the last bit, when u kill all the enemies outside, just throw a flashbang into the building and run into itwhen the chopper goes behind the building

Darkdodoboy
02-21-2010, 03:23 PM
PLZ EVERYONE , it hard, i know, but you should say how you did it or made it, there may be a lot of luck involved.

After you killed a couple of enemies, there should be a wrecked house left of you. Get in it. There should also be a small window from where you can shoot the gunner in his head, you will see him fall out of the Chopper. But make sure you first kill al the enemies.
Than sprint to the house and pick a stinger, first time you'll miss it, but the second try you should get it.

USE THIS VID

YouTube- Call of Duty 4 - Act I - Hunted - Destroying The Choppah

Darkdodoboy
02-21-2010, 03:27 PM

that's interesting, maybe you can tell us which other missions you found very easy. Maybe it'll help us.

Mikey1610
02-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Hide behind tractor and throw flashbangs in direction of where chopper has dropped enemies (straight ahead of you).

Crpl Danny
04-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I had this exact bloody problem. Every damned time I tried running into the cellar, I magically got jumped up and was running on the air, though. Then I got shot. Then it showed my arse in the middle of the stairs. I always make it to the middle of the stairs, but then I die.

Crpl Danny
04-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Hide behind tractor and throw flashbangs in direction of where chopper has dropped enemies (straight ahead of you).
That doesn't work. The flashbangs don't make it to the enemies now matter how you throw them, and they don't last very long if they do.