PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Site Users to Rate Games in Reviews

Xterm1n8or
11-19-2007, 07:21 PM
I was just reading some of the fabulous reviews on the front page (building up a nice catalogue by the way :)) , and couldn't help but disagree with a few of the scores. That is fine, as everybody has their own opinion right?

Anyway, so i heard that a comments section for the reviews is in the works probably, and thought why don't we have, along with the comments, a rating option, perhaps a drop down menu from 1 to 100, where people can themselves rate the game and then you display an average of all the ratings. Therefore, you have the reviewers score and then the people's score.

Perhaps this could be done for every category too. So you have a people's average score for Audio, Visuals, Playability, Delivery, Achievements then the Overall.

You could put the people's score at the bottom of the review or directly under each summary score. For example at the bottom it says Audio 100 then directly beneath that you could have the user's average score for that section and so on.

Before anybody flames me by sayin "That would be too much work, you don't appreciate all the things the staff do!" , i would like to say i have no idea if this is a big job , i appreciate this wonderful site immensely, and just thought i would throw this idea out there, and if it is seen as a bad idea/can't be done, nice! I'll go away and thing of a better idea :p. Nothing more, nothing less.

I guess you are thinking anybody could abuse the system by randomly voting and i guess you're right, but i guess someone could come up with a way to restrict who can post. (member for 2 months and 100 posts maybe?)

Thanks

Bax x360a
11-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Brilliant idea in my opinion mate, aslong as people realised they were voting for what they thought of the game, and not the review.

Xterm1n8or
11-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Brilliant idea in my opinion mate, aslong as people realised they were voting for what they thought of the game, and not the review.

Thanks! And yes i mean rate the game, not rate the review haha!

narcolepticshee
11-19-2007, 08:41 PM
sounds like a wicked idea! I'd be all for implementing it! It's really interesting to see what other people think of a game (one of the features I love about gamespot.com anyone who's been there).

Peace

Webb
11-19-2007, 08:59 PM
We were actually working on a "User Rating" system to go along side the game info page but this is in the very early BETA stage. Last I heard there were a few complications that RX was trying to fix. I think an overall score for users would be more suitable than an individual areas one, cause at the end of ther day, that is what's most important, right? :)

Xterm1n8or
11-19-2007, 09:25 PM
We were actually working on a "User Rating" system to go along side the game info page but this is in the very early BETA stage. Last I heard there were a few complications that RX was trying to fix. I think an overall score for users would be more suitable than an individual areas one, cause at the end of ther day, that is what's most important, right? :)

Thanks for that Webb, great to here it's already in the works, i guess this thread can be closed then! Thanks again.