PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Hardest level on Veteran?

laundryman
11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
What level do you find the hardest on Veteran?

DoM cAbAn
11-20-2007, 12:18 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44829

;)

But "One Shot, One Kill" is definately my choice for the hardest mission.

Forevermore
11-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Bog took me the most time out of those all. So I guess I'll have to go with it.

Chris764
11-20-2007, 01:25 AM
ill say no fighting in the war room

ImmortalLeoman
11-20-2007, 01:44 AM
One Shot, One Kill out of these, but the one after the credits was the hardest for me.

jorGe62990
11-20-2007, 02:26 AM
why isn't mile high up there??? anyway im still going with one shot, one kill simply because it was the most time consuming and frustrating for me

KINGxSAINT
11-20-2007, 02:52 AM
On Hunted you can basically sit there let your men kill everyone and advance a little that is what I did worked like a charm only part that was hard is when the chopper is shooting you at end were you got to clear the barn out it took like 30 minutes alone to do that.

jorGe62990
11-20-2007, 03:07 AM
well the chopper is the only thing that makes that level hard at all...it was frustrating at first but became very easy once you figured out where to go to hide from the chopper... and why is bog up there? i understand it may have been difficult but it wasn't harder than say war pig or Charlie don't surf...the real debate is between 1) One shot, one kill 2) No Fighting in the War Room, and 3) Mile High

she haunts me
11-20-2007, 06:43 AM
no fighting in war room, the tunnels part was crazy. although there were a few parts where i got frustrated.

if you count the epilogue as a lvl. that was the hardest on vet.

Bodangles
11-20-2007, 06:46 AM
One Shot, One Kill takes the cake. i don't know how anybody can say otherwise [without Mile High, although 1S1K took longer for me]. just my opinion though. the video for War Room is probably top 3 on my most helpful video lists.

Tiberian
11-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Mile high is by far the hardest level in the game, don't understand why you didn't include it.

MopFlop
11-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Mile high is by far the hardest level in the game, don't understand why you didn't include it.
hardest one, but they included it to see how well u have done. its just a harder version of the mock ship at the start.

conor bp
11-20-2007, 07:46 PM
no fighting in the war room for me , the mile high level was easy for me =\

JoEy0808
11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
what level is it when you're fighting in a news room? because that is quite challenging so far i have taken many different approaches to it but they're just not cutting it

HurricaNe2k9
11-20-2007, 08:09 PM
what level is it when you're fighting in a news room? because that is quite challenging so far i have taken many different approaches to it but they're just not cutting it
That's Charlie Don't Surf.

I have only gotten to Safehouse, I'd say that Hunted and Shock n Awe were the worst so far. Bog was incredibly easy once someone taught me a trick to bypass the entire "protect War Pig" part. No glitching involved; just sprint REALLY quickly to the west and get into some cover; it should activate the next checkpoint.

laundryman
11-20-2007, 10:30 PM
I didn't include Mile High club because I don't consider it a full level. Sure it's hard, but there are other, larger levels that offer more of a challenge

spooncat
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Man,i'm stuck on NFITWR at the moment been doing it for 6 hours solid,just got to the second checkpoint at the end of the corridor down the first set of stairs with 5:45 left,this has been by far the most frustrating for me,it gets to a certain point and stops being fun,it becomes a chore after a while,just nailed a checkpoint for the first time tho,going to take a break,not looking forward to mile high club!

Didnt have to much trouble with 1S1K funnily enough.

Shore08
11-21-2007, 12:38 AM
...it was frustrating at first but became very easy once you figured out where to go to hide from the chopper...

Where did you hide from the chopper? (I am assuming you are talking about the part where you have to get to the barn). He keeps killing me.

Emdub
11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
1 shot until I figured out the mini-cheat. The earlier parts like Charlie were the hardest for me because I didn't realize enemies respawned endlessly.

jorGe62990
11-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Where did you hide from the chopper? (I am assuming you are talking about the part where you have to get to the barn). He keeps killing me.
well the part where Gaz is unlocking the door and you have to hold off enemies until he tells you to rush into the basement...i only got that through luck...i just chucked all my flash bangs and grenades in order to hold off any ground enemies...theres really no strategy other than that...you cannot dodge the chopper, just run like hell and pray

Elvia
11-21-2007, 03:21 AM
War room is the hardest for me. I still haven't been able to finish it. Stuck on the part after the first set of stairs

Shore08
11-21-2007, 03:46 AM
well the part where Gaz is unlocking the door and you have to hold off enemies until he tells you to rush into the basement...i only got that through luck...i just chucked all my flash bangs and grenades in order to hold off any ground enemies...theres really no strategy other than that...you cannot dodge the chopper, just run like hell and pray

Ahh, no, I got through there pretty easy. I just laid prone and watched Gaz work. As soon as he got it open I was in. I never fired a shot. The tractor protected me. I was stuck for a long time near the end where you have to dodge the chopper and get into the barn. Finally got past it though. Hunted has been the hardest so far on veteran, worse than Charlie Don't Surf.

rx32degrepber
11-21-2007, 03:48 AM
i would have to say one shot one kill

Ze Alpaca
11-21-2007, 03:55 AM
no fighting for me

daninthemix
11-21-2007, 09:19 PM
No Fighting In The War Room is an absolute cunt of a level, and absolutely no fun whatsoever. What the hell where they thinking? If I wanted boredom I'd watch daytime TV.

I did it through sheer perseverence through extreme boredom.

austin rules
11-22-2007, 12:33 AM
1. no fighting in the war room
2. 1 shot 1 kill

I LoMar I
11-22-2007, 03:19 AM
1. no fighting in the war room
2. 1 shot 1 kill
i agree on no fighting in the war room, but 1 shot 1 kill is easy, just hide behind the bumper carts on the right and only three or four people go back there. sooooooooooo eeeeeeeezaaaaaaaaaay

jorGe62990
11-22-2007, 03:43 AM
its easy....rrriiiiggghhhhtttt....3 or 4 people, and then about 700 grenades...oh and did i forget to mention sprinting through hundreds of enemies firing at you??

Dr Pepper 6pk
11-22-2007, 07:19 AM
I think No fighting in the War room is the hardest because at least One shot one kill has an easy way out

dsella93
11-22-2007, 05:03 PM
For anyone who is stuck, just go onto nextgenwalkthroughs.com. It helps a lot, people said One Shot, One Kill was the hardest? With that guide, I died once..and by a grenade I was trying to throw back.

II Devastate II
11-28-2007, 01:55 AM
no fighting in the war room getting to spots with no checkpoint and die at it then go there again and get one, easily the most frustrating mission for me at least on veteran

laundryman
11-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I think the War Room is probably the hardest

Seany Show
11-28-2007, 09:56 PM
its gota be 'one shot, one kill'. i was stuck on that mission for so long especially at the end where you have to wait for the helicopter by the ferris wheel.my sniper rifle could not cope with the amount of 'jam rags' their were attacking me but finally managed to get it done when i did some investigating on some forums and youtube and all it took was some C4 and hiding round the corner.

soopastylin
11-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Okay, so IMO No Fighting... was harder than 1S1K, because that second you can pass easily if you figure out some strategies - for example, staying behind the railing in the bumper cars, or sitting in the corner being opposite to an enemy's respawn point.
And there are also some strategies in No Fighting... but you have to be quick, and that's the problem (and annoying checkpoint bugs), but still you will figure it out after a couple of tries. The only mission that pissed me off was Mile High Club, even if lenght of that mission was one minute, i was bored and angry...

Altimus
11-28-2007, 11:00 PM
One Shot, One Kill is my vote.

MopFlop
11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
heats was my vote.
and out of intrest, anyone find the cargo ship lvl hard/died in it???

Tom19
11-30-2007, 02:19 AM
No fighting in the war room for me.
One shot, one kill is easy if you follow that movie on youtube.com step by step.
I did that last bit and I got hit only once.

MangeM
11-30-2007, 03:47 AM
No fighting in the war room was the most annoying, going too fast gets you killed and going to slow means not enough time to complete the objective.

RoboJoe420
11-30-2007, 04:07 AM
i say no fighting in the war room gave me a pain when you get downstairs having about 7:00 mins to 7:45 to complete the mission.

Parksy87
11-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Has to be one shot one kill, no fightin in the war room was hard too but tried it a few times a day n gradually got check point after check point... currently need to do mile high club :uzi:

Seddo
11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
No fighting in the war room to me the longest to complete.

JBURNICLE
12-01-2007, 09:48 AM
One Shot, One Kill is the hardest by far it took me hours to do that mission
http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/JBURNICLE.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/JBURNICLE)

XboxFreak36
12-01-2007, 10:15 AM
i voted for "One Shot, One Kill" level. the sniping part is damn easy only the run away :/ i ran with my sniper :/

Snugglepuffle
12-03-2007, 04:36 PM
no fighting in the war room on vetr. nearly made me rip my hair out. altho the epilogue on vet is slightly more annoying :P

Dizzy Domes
12-03-2007, 07:41 PM
I voted One Shot, One Kill. For me Heat was tough, but not hard to figure out a gameplan to get you through it. No Fighting in the War Room I was dreading but past it pretty quickly. I didn't run into any checkpoint glitches that others have problems with. I got 2-3 checkpoints before I got to the stairs. Died a couple times trying to get down that hallway after the stairs before I figured it out. One Shot, One Kill was the only one where even when I had my whole plan ready, I would still get owned trying to go grab that guy when the chopper landed. Obviously my real choice would be Mile High Club.

Mattor
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Honestly I didn't find any of these levels realy hard. One Shot One Kill was pretty when you get behind the bumper carts and just shoot enemy's. Running to him and carrying him to the heli I didn't find hard to, but maybe I was Lucky. Heat I had to retry sometimes, but got by it in not to long.

The level I did have trouble on, for some reason, was Safehouse. I don't know why but I kept dying and dying and took me quite long to complete. Almost at No Fighting In The War Room, so I'm curious how Its on Veteran.

xboxman96
12-03-2007, 10:14 PM
One Shot, One Kill, is my choice for the Hardest Level On Vet., it took me the longest time to beat that level than all the others I've played so far.

chaosg0d
12-10-2007, 03:46 AM
I'm stuck on the last scene of HEAT so ill go with this one

JonzoR82
12-10-2007, 04:07 AM
In my opinion, I'd have to say Heat is the toughest. There's so many enemies coming in all directions, it took me a long time just to find which route might make the best (i've been trying to the right). I'm still having a hard time though. Does anybody have a good suggestion to get me past?

glasstiger50
12-10-2007, 05:15 AM
No Fighting in the War Room. This piece of crap took me well over four hours. The fact that you don't get a checkpoint after doing a tough part does make it any easier.

Frizzed
12-10-2007, 06:06 AM
One Shot One Kill, underneath that ferris wheel, nothing else was really that hard

Kwyjibo3637
12-10-2007, 08:03 AM
One Shot, One Kill definitely. I spent a few weeks on that one mission. with all the guides I breezed through Heat and NFITWR. OSOK was a bit of luck for not dieing from grenades.

bustin
12-10-2007, 02:56 PM
i voted one shot one kill, but now that im trying mile high club i have to say that is the hardest level

Scottacus
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I must have gotten lucky with "One Shot, One Kill" because I got through it pretty quickly. "No Fighing in the War Room", on the other hand, took me about four hours to get through completely.

However, looking back I'd say the level I'd have the most trouble doing again on Veteran would be "Mile High Club". I never want to see that damned plane again.

sadiesinner
12-10-2007, 11:09 PM
"no fighting"

it was timed and it had good enemy positioning, it was harder than mile high club 4 me

Kreger51
12-11-2007, 12:57 AM
I found Fighting in the War Room quite easy actually. Died a couple times to choose my path and stuff, but besides that it wasn't near as hard as I read.

So I vote One Shot One Kill because so many times little stupid things would get you killed, and also it took me a while to figure out what way I would do it (I didn't use any kind of guide).

Mr. Bubbles
12-11-2007, 01:01 AM
For me the hardest one was No Fighting in the War Room.

x JPeeper x
12-11-2007, 04:15 AM
I don't know what this youtube video is of One Shot One Kill, but for me, after the first 2000 m's and 6500 to go I ditched McMillin and ran to the outside wall, go right, go through the bumper cars, then go more, go through the fence, then I hid behind the building. If you go to far and turn left, you can see where they come out, from the start. I just hid and stayed there for 6500 m's, then when the heli came, I poked out, sniped 3 guys, ran to McMillin, picked him up, and just as the helicopter took off I got on. I was at the Ferris wheel with McMillin and the heli guy said, "we got to go" and the guys started piling into the heli, and and soon as the last guy got in I did. I thought it would glitch and I would get stuck behind but I managed to stay on and I did it in 5-6 tries. Frustrating none the less, if I didn't go and hide I would still be trying to snipe the 60 guys who are at all your angles.