PDA

View Full Version : how do i do the set of 4 magnets on cloud 5

madpartyboy
11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
ok before we start dont tell me too watch the speed runs because they do not work as live version has extra barriers on them so you cannot be drawn too the magnet
what i am struggling with is where you have 4 activation switches and a tube that leads too the magnets but can only seem too get half way across either because time runs out or just cannot seem too get the ball across any ideas apart from watching the speed runs which are surely from a different version

chrizkerr2
11-27-2007, 07:47 PM
ok before we start dont tell me too watch the speed runs because they do not work as live version has extra barriers on them so you cannot be drawn too the magnet
what i am struggling with is where you have 4 activation switches and a tube that leads too the magnets but can only seem too get half way across either because time runs out or just cannot seem too get the ball across any ideas apart from watching the speed runs which are surely from a different version

Rofl, I literally came onto the forum to ask the excat same question, stuck on this part and its damn annoying!

Khir
11-28-2007, 02:47 AM
I have beaten this level but it took me a couple tries to get past that part.

What I did is Activate the switches from Right to Left and go into the tube and activate your magnetism. Hold the trigger left and you will quickly come out of the tube, As soon as you get close to the first let go and quickly re-tap the button and do this to sorta hop from magnet to magnet, If you get to stuck to one its really hard to get over to the next.

Hope that helps some

L1OYDY
01-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I know its not what you want to hear but I did EXACTLY what the guy in the speed runs did, I gave up tryin to magnet accross after about an hr of trying, seen the speedguide tried the method and done it first time.

Ank 1
01-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Don't just roll across all the switches, look what order they turn the magnets on. Then press them starting with the nearest to the tube first, and ending with the one nearest the exit tube. Then just roll through the tube and latch on to the first magnet, then just keep left pressed and your magnet activated, you will go across the magnets as the timers run out.

ReptarFTW
07-25-2008, 02:25 PM
yeah this level is making me so angry, haha. will try what you guys say. see if it works

ReptarFTW
08-05-2008, 01:17 AM
i found the easiest way to do this. The order of magnets switch on (3,4,1,2) then go to then and hold (A + LS to the left) and you should go across them as the magnets turn off.

Hysteria89
02-10-2012, 09:44 PM
I know, I'm 4 years late to the game and bringing back an old thread, but I thought I would post my solution to skip the magnet part!!! Hopefully this helps people out on this level. :)

When you get to the jump ball part, jump to get the dash ball and then dash back over to the platform. Don't bother hitting the switch (just wastes time using this method). Follow the route through the tube and make the jump to the platform with the magnet ball converter. Stay in dash mode and make your way behind the magnet ball converter and maneuver yourself behind the silver railings. Go past the second pole making sure you are firmly pressed up against the railings and aim your camera to the semi-circle ledge (making sure the camera is central!!). Dash from the railings to the ledge and get the jump ball. This allows you to skip the part with the 4 magnets!! :D The rest of the level is simple enough.

I will say for the part with the ramps, that you can just dash over the middle. You will bump into the air and land on the next ramp. It may take a bit of practice. Anyway, this method secured me 3rd place on the leaderboard. :)