Worst Game in the Franchise...

I just don't want people to be fooled by this game and pick it up on a whim. I rented this last night and it blows harder than any other game I have ever played on the 360. Granted I am pretty selective about what I play, I just assumed that because the first two PC titles were awesome that a "next-gen" version on the console would rock some hard nuts...guess what? It doesn't. The graphics are poor, story is crap, AI is shit, multiplayer is almost nonexistent (spent 25 minutes in lobby waiting for enough people to play, only to be disappointed again by a "server error").

This is the worst way to spend your money, rent/buy something else or just save your money. I'm sure someone will enjoy this game, it's just not me.

It isn't everyday that a video game angers me this bad, but holy crap!!!! I played the PC version and the 360 at a buds house, so far I've never been so dissapointed in a game since Halo came out.

On the pc version the hit boxes are as shotty as counter strike and as mentioned above the 360 version is just a complete bargain ben POS. I'm glad I've still got SOF2 on my pc, always a goodie.

TThe multi is almost identical to CoD minus the polish. Don't waste your money guys.

I hate Polish people!

Haha, just kidding I know what you meant.

But yeah I was racking my brain thinking of christmas presents to ask for.

So far I'm only asking for Overlord and just because I got a 0 from playing it at a friend's house.

I was going to ask for this until I saw this thread.

Thanks for the heads up!

You are asking for a game that hasn't come out this month?! Wow you have some nerves of steel not to ask for something like Assassin's Creed or Mass

Effect

I was never interested in Mass Effect, I guess because I was never a Star Wars/Trek fan.

As for Assassin's Creed, I wanted it more than anything from watching the trailers a while ago, but after seeing the new gameplay videos since it was released, it looks far too repetitive.

I was never interested in Mass Effect, I guess because I was never a Star Wars/Trek fan.

As for Assassin's Creed, I wanted it more than anything from watching the trailers a while ago, but after seeing the new gameplay videos since it was released, it looks far too repetitive.

Your loss. Any game would be a better choice than this. What a waste of a Christmas gift.

I'm a huge fan of SOF II! My clan (ST) dominated the ladders and we had some great times... LAN parties, clan matches, etc. The multiplayer maps like shop and market were fantastic. I loved the fact that you could shoot up a virtual mockup of Raven studios - classic!

That being said, let's face it - The SOF franchise's campaigns were NOT good! Nobody played the campaign that I knew, but the multiplayer was HOT! Quake engine with console codes! I almost learned VB script playing SOF II!

So, with that I say - This bargain bin title made me nervous from the time I heard Raven wasn't involved! Since its release, many of my ex clan mates have said that this title makes them embarrassed to have ever played the franchise! Looks like Activision has killed the franchise, and that makes me sad!

I still want to know, did they bring back any of the old maps like Shop? I might pick it up when it makes it to the $5 bin, which will be soon from what I hear, but only if I have the opportunity to play some of my favorite maps without booting up my dusty old alienware box...

wow that is sick. I was highly considering buying this game which is rare for me. (used to play this at college on LAN all day a coupla years back whilst we were supposed to be doing work.. the old games were great).

I trust you're opinions but I'm gonna stick it on my Rental list just incase. :p

I got the game from gamestop from the buy 2 get one free. Needless to say it wasnt the free game. *should of been* i was so upset when i put it in and seen the graphics. Are you serious!? I have better ps1 games *silent hill Resident Evil 2*that there graphics were a lot better. I ended up taking it back and using the 54 bucks on M$ points and gel tabz Its not even worth renting in my opinion. Worse game on the 360 so far by far.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the heads up!..........sounds exactly like the crap game Blacksite Area 51, don't buy that game either.

I'm still gonna rent it,see for myself...

and Blacksite doesn't suck.The only thing that sucks is that not enough people play it online(just like Quake 4).The game has huge potential....but unless more people get the game that potential can never be realized:(