PDA

View Full Version : Game sucks

deneco4
11-22-2007, 01:18 AM
I wasted my money. The sound effects are junk, the explosions are bland, the game itself is bland, the aiming system sucks, just another cover and fire stock game with a stupid story, unimpressive levels, and boring boring boring.

I wish i had bought mass effect instead.

Maybe they could have saved this game with online co op but they wanted to make the Xmas date so they canned it. I wont buy another Eidos product again.

Good trailer does not equal a good game.

the Ghost888
11-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Not worth 60 dollars but its not a terribly bad game. So much could have been improved though if they didnt push it out so soon. Wish Lynch had more time for character development.

AbOuT27nInJaS
11-22-2007, 07:55 AM
I think you're right tho, you would have been better off with Mass Effect.

Dead Soulja
11-23-2007, 07:27 AM
I just played this on another Xbox name I have and I have to say I was disappointed, you would have been better off with Mass Effect.

antnie
11-23-2007, 07:30 AM
From the looks of the trailers kane and lynch looked very good. But I guess a good trailer does not eaqual a good game. Do they have a demo. If they do ia will try that first.

m4DD0gg
11-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Agreed this game is appalling, i was expecting a hitman type game but this is just crap.....really is.

Ruthless
11-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I was expecting this to be the BEST game on the 360, no one told me there was no online co-op. Fragile alliance is boring after 2 games and i agree aiming is shit, however its still better than that mass effect shite, i wish i brought F.E.A.R Files but im selling the massivly dissapointing CoD 4 on ebay once ive done it on veteran. Online on CoD 4 is worst ive played, the rank up system is terrible.

skuff
11-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Online on CoD 4 is worst ive played, the rank up system is terrible.

a little off topic, but your kidding right? Cod 4 is the dogs dangleys online, the ranking system just makes you wanna keep playing.. Its my fav online shooter by far..

also back on topic, i agree kane and lynch is pants, im gutted i bought it

Tom19
11-24-2007, 03:27 PM
wow i was going to buy this game thanks for the info people. I think i wont even bother now. ill get the demo if one is ever made and see what its like but at the moment. no way there sounds like there are loads more other games out there that are loads better.

Ruthless
11-24-2007, 05:58 PM
a little off topic, but your kidding right? Cod 4 is the dogs dangleys online, the ranking system just makes you wanna keep playing.. Its my fav online shooter by far..

also back on topic, i agree kane and lynch is pants, im gutted i bought it

Nah im not joking i personally dont like it. Everyone is a high rank as i got the game a week late even though i paid for it one month before release and no online cheeves makes it not worth playing imo.

On Topic:- Kane and lynch is OK, hopefully get some points from it.

LE2 KRAZY
11-25-2007, 09:23 PM
just bought kane and lynch from asda its crap and its going straight back and xchanged for cod 4

DarkHitman 47
11-25-2007, 11:40 PM
its more fun in co op guys i rate it 7 out of 10 hard mode is easy not the greatest game but not the worst either

XxBlueSpade2xX
11-26-2007, 07:37 AM
This game is junk

Webb
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I was expecting this to be the BEST game on the 360, no one told me there was no online co-op.

The preview and interview we did on the site specifically said that!!

MATTUMUZ
11-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Hum, well I guess everyone's entitled to there own opinion, I got it today and think it's awesome personally!

reme22
11-26-2007, 05:26 PM
glad i just rented this because it is crap.

o0EVIL0o x360a
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Come on guys, the game isn't that bad. It's quite fun actually. It's not game of the year or anything, but there is definately a lot of fun to be had. We'll see if the game gets extra content or what not.

OpalMantra
11-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I pre-ordered it, then just rented it when I started reading some of the reviews. I was really pumped for this game, but in playing it, the mechanics get in the way for it to be a good time. It's not horrible, but it's also not as tight as I would have liked.

MATTUMUZ
11-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Come on guys, the game isn't that bad. It's quite fun actually. It's not game of the year or anything, but there is definately a lot of fun to be had. We'll see if the game gets extra content or what not.

Agreed!

I think you need to give it a chance, I admit, the first couple of levels are quite dull, but once you get to the nightclub mission it's an amazing game then after!

And the multiplayer isn't half bad, the general idea of it is awesome, it just needs a few more maps!

Webb
11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
I too think it's a great game. Plenty of action and great fun, not a tactical shooter. But I more than definitely enjoyed the campaign and the multiplayer is unique and addictive.

TheColdWolf
11-26-2007, 08:50 PM
I think from what i am hearing i should tell my friend to rent this game from blockbuster.

Webb
11-26-2007, 09:30 PM

Extra multiplayer maps have already been confirmed ;)

thagame
11-27-2007, 01:25 AM
lol thats why i never buy a game before renting it. even the most hyped games can suck ass.

Royal38
11-27-2007, 02:10 AM
I'm glad you guys/girls told me I thought about getting it. Thanks!

-Scott-emm-
11-27-2007, 04:51 PM
worth the money?:confused:

-Scott-emm-
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM
i mean is it worth me buying it because reading all you comments makes me wonder if i should get it

MATTUMUZ
11-27-2007, 05:14 PM
i mean is it worth me buying it because reading all you comments makes me wonder if i should get it

Hum, to me personally, I think it was worth the money!

However, from what I've read here, it's an aqquired taste! I suggest renting it first or watching as many videos as you can online, to decide for yourself!

the Ghost888
11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Give it a rent the only you can tell. Thats how it is for every game thats ever made. Everyone has different tastes. This thread proves it kinda. Some hate it some love it.

xGodDogx
11-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Well i was all up for this game but now im kinda just wondering what should i do. But because i have so much money ill proabbly end up buying this game ive bought worse PS.. Fuzion Frenzy lol Well i tell you east i think when i get it.

Skillet
11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I wont buy another Eidos product again.

B-b-but... what about the future Hitman?!?

Seriousely, complaining about a company over one game is stupid. It's like saying you'd never buy StarCraft II because Diablo 2 sucked. (it doesn't but it's a hypothetacle question so don't send me hateful PMs).

Two completely different games, two completely different experiences.

Ruthless
11-30-2007, 12:45 AM
The preview and interview we did on the site specifically said that!!

Didnt get time to read it.

True its alot better in co-op, i dint like it at first but im kinda liking it now, however the guns are shit for long range shots and the aiming is poor, storyline is good and the game has a great concept, i would have used this idea well to make my game, just add alot of online feautures and better aiming.

babyfarmer
11-30-2007, 04:01 PM
I was expecting this to be the BEST game on the 360, no one told me there was no online co-op. Fragile alliance is boring after 2 games and i agree aiming is shit, however its still better than that mass effect shite, i wish i brought F.E.A.R Files but im selling the massivly dissapointing CoD 4 on ebay once ive done it on veteran. Online on CoD 4 is worst ive played, the rank up system is terrible.

You actually expected this to be the best me for the 360? LOL, that's why you're disappointed. Mass Effect shit? Wow, that's just ignorant. You call CoD4 disappointing, and you're gonna get F.E.A.R. Files? LOL, have fun with that turd. CoD4's multiplayer is much more fun, and the rank up system in that game is genius, it keeps you coming back for more.

Ruthless
11-30-2007, 06:21 PM
You actually expected this to be the best me for the 360? LOL, that's why you're disappointed. Mass Effect shit? Wow, that's just ignorant. You call CoD4 disappointing, and you're gonna get F.E.A.R. Files? LOL, have fun with that turd. CoD4's multiplayer is much more fun, and the rank up system in that game is genius, it keeps you coming back for more.

Yeah but im an achievement whore so no online achievements is a waste of time, anyway i actually prefered CoD 2 online,
Dude everyone is entilted to there own opinion and there is mine, however enough people have dissagreed with me now, so lets get back on topic.

The video's and whole idea of the game looked brilliant so yes i expected it to be the best game on the 360.

AltruismIsDead
11-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I was sort of expecting this game to be a let down because it seemed like such an awesome game. I was never a fan of the Hitman series and was fearing that it might have some of the same controls, but over all I was fairly impressed by Kane & Lynch.

Although the 2 biggest problems in the game (for me) is that both the campaign AND multiplayer is too short and lackluster. There are other problems with the game such as the spotty hit detection, and the absolutely retarded A.I. (how many times can the computer run into the same wall during a session of Fragile Alliance!?) I still found the game fun overall. And hopefully they'll release some new maps for online since playing with a bunch of friends is great.

Warlikegorilla
12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
i don't udnerstand how u guys can say this game sux, the game puts u in awesome scenario's, i liked it.. alot, i must agree on that the beginning was better than the ending, the ending was more of a war-game, like the bank robbing etc. more... but overall the game was awesome, when i was playing through some of the levels i really wished someone was there to experience it with me, i wanted to tell friends about some parts in the game immediatly, thats how cool it was :D

and taking cover behind something is easy to do, just get to an edge of an object and press crouch, usually it will go into cover-mode.. didnt find it that much of a pain in the ass, only thing that bothered me was that enemy shot through walls ;P

and i also saw people complaining about the accuracy of some guns, at close range all guns work, at long range.. do u expect an mp5 to shoot someone at long range with 100% accuracy? the aiming of guns were perfect imo, just need to learn how to shoot (btw for long range use m4a1)

halo3freak
12-01-2007, 10:50 PM
ok comments going all over the pages so i am going 2 buy it hehe reason it has my last name in it :P....but seriously it looks like an al right game

Pwnage Mountain
12-02-2007, 06:40 AM
I'm suprised how many people think ill of this game.
My friend told me it's crap but I bought it.
I've been playing for five or six hours and so far it's pretty good.

deneco4
12-03-2007, 04:15 AM
Hello there, im the OP. After playing it even further in I can still stand by my initial post. The game sucks.

It sucks so bad that some poor bastard got fired over giving it a bad review just because the company he reviewed for had a deal with Eidos over the ad campaign for this game.
So they fired him for giving it a bad review. I read the review and it was right on spot.

The game was rushed. They spent more money on the trailer than they did on the fuking development.
Plus no online co op...are we in the 80s?! WTF!? And quoted from the DEV team in an article i read "we didnt include co op because we wanted to realease it in time for christmas".

Now...take Grand Theft. They delayed release so they could get it fucking right. Because Rockstar produces good games and stands by their product. They dont blow their load for a quick cash in. They make sure they get it right god love them.

So, I wasted money on this and i cant return it. Ill play it, reluctantly, but i know if they delayed release a bit longer they could have made it better.

And im not gonna bitch without providing solution ideas. Heres a list of things they could have done to make it better:

1. Sound effects. They are whisper quiet they could have bought some stock shit and put it in place of what they have.
2. 1 animation for a melee kill and it wasnt dramatic or cool or anything. You cant even really see anything, you just kill the guy with your fist or something. Couldve been 3 diff animations that were cool like Assassins Creed.
3. Online Co op. Duh.
4. Aiming system...better.
5. Grenades dont blow up they just poof like air bombs. Also aiming system sucks.
6. Blandness. Spice up the maps or the fighting or something, anything.
7. More in depth bank robbery. Like...not just shooting people but planning and robbing the bank. Big deal you can grapple down the building...its like...so played in the game like its some amazing new thing and they dont even have backpacks or rope that they hold with em.
8. Story. Like...all of a sudden you rob a bank and then all of a sudden you go to a club and then like all of a sudden your in the jungle. I just...dunno man. The trailer was so cool compared.

Whatever, screw this, gonna play it drunk maybe itll seem better.
They shouldve included the pills that lynch is taking with the game. Wouldve been more vital than a guitar for guitar hero.

SysanApse NL
12-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Whatever, screw this, gonna play it drunk maybe itll seem better.
They shouldve included the pills that lynch is taking with the game. Wouldve been more vital than a guitar for guitar hero.

Lol.
can't wait to play this game :)

Don Manolo
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
I have played this game for like 30-40 hours (can't really tell anymore :p) and I must say when you first start out the aiming does suck, but when you get used to that its actually a lot of fun! especially the online! I admit the graphics are no game of the year or anything but they are good enough to let me enjoy the game itself... I just love being the bad guy :uzi:hehe!

KindCandy
12-05-2007, 08:16 AM
same here, i dint liked the game at all i mean AT ALL i just played the first part and stopped playong it, quite dissapointed with this title

headdragon
12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
I like the game it's not bad but not good either. And I don't regret the money. And the Story is about Revenge, you can't expect more of it^^'. For Grenades: They don't explode much different in the real world.

matthewmcg360
12-09-2007, 02:27 AM
kane and lynch is surely inferior to almost all other xbox 360 games, certainly get mass effect over this.

bunn89
12-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Personally, i think this game online is quality, one of the best games i've played online for a while. A lot more tactics involved than you're cod4 or halo,

8/10 for me

SuperSouter
12-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I have to disagree, I thought it was a good game. It felt unfinished but playing with a mate on story mode makes it quite a lot of fun, so there are a few annoyances it still shows to be a good shooter. I nearly completed the game but my 360 froze and I couldn't be bothered to play through the whole level again.

Its not one of the best games I have played but I got it brand new for 23 so I am not complaining.

BlazeDragon132
12-11-2007, 04:07 AM
I thought the game was an average game with an interesting story. Still, I been meaning to review it after the whole Eidos making up fake stars for it. I just can't get into it because Assassin's Creed is alot of fun.

xTHSx Rascal
12-11-2007, 05:57 PM
I recon its a good game fun exiting story and online is not shit and as for the person said

Now...take Grand Theft. They delayed release so they could get it fucking right. Because Rockstar produces good games and stands by their product. They dont blow their load for a quick cash in. They make sure they get it right god love them. now. looks at rockstar table tennis is that good NO also Sanandras wasnt as good as other GTA's

SysanApse NL
12-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I Played it , its much fun.
The aiming sucks sometimes but overall this is a good game ill give it a 8/10

TIGERBOOBOO
12-25-2007, 09:38 PM
I wasted my money. The sound effects are junk, the explosions are bland, the game itself is bland, the aiming system sucks, just another cover and fire stock game with a stupid story, unimpressive levels, and boring boring boring.

I wish i had bought mass effect instead.

Maybe they could have saved this game with online co op but they wanted to make the Xmas date so they canned it. I wont buy another Eidos product again.

Good trailer does not equal a good game.

The only good thing Eidos has ever published is the HITMAN franchise. but i am still willing to try this game.

Vista
12-26-2007, 12:06 AM
If i liked Hitman, Rainbow and the trailer is it worth buying? Is there any hope for eventual online co-op?

BrenteusMaximus
12-26-2007, 05:20 PM
I just got the game for Xmas yesterday, so I can't complain about wasting my money on it at least lol. Now while the game isn't the most spectacular thing out there, it's still pretty fun. My brother and I played around with it last night and we had fun with the whole bank robbery level. I have to say it could stand a few improvements such as better aiming (though it does provide a nice challenge) and overall better control schemes (I can't even be bothered to try and sprint), more interesting levels and better hand to hand combat, a less annoying tutorial tip system that doesn't block half the screen, better audio for the cutscenes (I cranked my surround system up to hear the intro movie only to almost blow the speakers in the first level) and most importantly, a little more clarity in the mission objectives. Last night my brother and I were running around the bank and aftermath stages like headless chickens trying to find the bag of grenades or the van because the game isn't all that clear about locations of objectives, at least as far as I've observed so far. Still, after that little rant, I can still safely say it was a fun game. I might buy others before it but at least rent it and see if it's fun enough to be worth your while before completely dismissing it.

DampedVirus
01-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Not worth 60 dollars but its not a terribly bad game. So much could have been improved though if they didnt push it out so soon. Wish Lynch had more time for character development.

A definitely rushed game.
Graphics are sub par, No character gets developed, not even Kane, and the weapons are lame.

Nothing special about this game, really.

Just another one that could have been a lot more.

Mass Effect blows this game to pieces.

DampedVirus
01-01-2008, 02:31 AM
If i liked Hitman, Rainbow and the trailer is it worth buying? Is there any hope for eventual online co-op?

I don't really see any expansion on this game since it has died out so quick and the reviews it has received.

LethalRope
01-08-2008, 08:21 PM
:/

I just bought this game from ebay for 20 not really know how good it will be but with the backing knowledge i can trade it in for 30 at gamestation...

FreaKyDeaKy
01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
this is a great game, well worth it.

Xenodolf
02-11-2008, 07:03 PM
to OP:

there are several melee animations, stop spreading misinformation. how about instead of spewing lies and not fact-checking, you just suggest people rent it first? what about those of us who like the game, and who may not get a sequel/extra content because crybabies are influencing everyone to not purchase it. also, Gamestop is a garbage review site and i'm glad that Jeff guy got booted. Kane & Lynch could have used a bit of extra polish, and is not flawless. However, I'd rather have a game like it than another generic FPS that brings nothing new to the table. Fragile Alliance is one of the best multiplayer experiences out there.

to the rest of you.

rent it. dislike it? never rent it again. the $3-4 fee you spend will at least net you a few achievements even if you think it sucks.

TWOGOOD4U
02-12-2008, 10:27 PM
i like the game is deserves a rent at least if you didnt buy.

LaCara Cicatriz
02-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Yea....I'd agree with most people...this game is definately worth a rent which is what I have done so far.......and i have gotten to the ex change level and died in the garden....so yea.....I have high hopes for the rest of this game....but
I am not sure.... yea.....

i don't udnerstand how u guys can say this game sux, the game puts u in awesome scenario's, i liked it.. alot, i must agree on that the beginning was better than the ending, the ending was more of a war-game, like the bank robbing etc. more... but overall the game was awesome, when i was playing through some of the levels i really wished someone was there to experience it with me, i wanted to tell friends about some parts in the game immediatly, thats how cool it was :D

and taking cover behind something is easy to do, just get to an edge of an object and press crouch, usually it will go into cover-mode.. didnt find it that much of a pain in the ass, only thing that bothered me was that enemy shot through walls ;P

and i also saw people complaining about the accuracy of some guns, at close range all guns work, at long range.. do u expect an mp5 to shoot someone at long range with 100% accuracy? the aiming of guns were perfect imo, just need to learn how to shoot (btw for long range use m4a1)

couldn't agree more about the bull shit idea of guns working 100% accurate to the place where the pointer is......have you ever fired a real gun??????? you drive say on a bumpy road with it not securely fastened or in a case....and you're shots will be completely off by at least 3 inches and at least 3 up.....and thats just a little bumpyness.....in the game they are running around and shit.....oh welll and doing more damaging things what in a real gun is a sight....etc......so yea........the aiming is realistic

:mad::confused::chair:rant::whs:omg:boom

I agree that this game was pretty much absolute crap and didn't buy it when it was released. however my brother did get it for christmas and i helped him with the coop and didn't totally hate it id say its worth a rent if your doing it coop as watching him on single player was totally shit

njdevils17
02-14-2008, 12:49 AM
It's no Halo 3 or Mass Effect, but I like this game a lot. If your expectations of this game is to be the Game of the Year, then yes you'll be disappointed. But it's still a fun game. I like how it has a cover system like Gears of War and Rainbow 6 Vegas have. If you're skeptical about this game then just download the demo from the marketplace. The only complaints I have with this game are that there is no online co-op and they say f*ck about every other word when it doesn't need to be used. I have no problem with cursing in video games but I think it has to make sense. It seems like the writers ran out of things to say so they just have Kane and Lynch say f*ck. But that's not a huge complaint.

Emfulz
02-14-2008, 05:12 AM
:uzi:The story mode of the game is fun, just started playing it but after about 4 games of multiplayer, I can officially say that it is the worst. There are only 4 maps of the same game mode and I just don't get how it could be fun. I know once I am done beating story mode (which should take me about a day) it is being returned to GameStop. [Note: this is my opinion]

callofdutykaneandlynch
03-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Are you mad? This is my best game, i bet 1/2 of u dnt even hav the bloody game

Give it a chance

Gameplay 10/10
Storyline 10/10
Online play 10/10

Play3r 2K8

I will hav u a game :uzi::Bounce:

hansen578
03-11-2008, 12:44 AM
i got kane & lynch when it was on sale for 40$:woop: and it is a really fun game
it isnt mass effect though i'll give u that

X Bob0907 X
03-16-2008, 12:38 PM
I personally thought that this was a great game. The online is pretty fun, but no where near to match Halo Gears and the like. I must admit that Mass Effect is one hell of a lot better.

SteroidalEagle
03-16-2008, 12:49 PM
you suck. im not joking

Chilidog Chaos
03-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow some one needs to take a nap...I loved this game until I needed money to buy GTA IV so I traded it in :(

Ecks UK
03-23-2008, 09:09 PM
OK let me clear some things up for the people who have no clue about the game.

Remember Hitman: Codename 47? It wasn't very good. The sequels came out and they improved on the games faults. This is also by Eidos. They will go the same way. And if they don't, well that's their folley. Also, I agree with the Cod4 statement, I did not enjoy that game online nearly as much as Cod2, or even this.

tattooed si
04-01-2008, 10:59 AM
I've been playing this game for a few days now and i think its great :rock

MapleMire
04-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I been playing this game since it came out. I personally think its a good game. They just need to work on the multiplayer. Like some new maps, new playlist, guns, characters, grenades, maybe some vehicles.

Joe Boy 1986
04-08-2008, 09:57 AM
I 've just bought this game off of ebay for 9. ($18). then i just read this thread. d'oh. i shall be judging it for myself. it surely can't be mentioned in the same breath as denied ops and blacksite? can it?

Scarybread
04-08-2008, 04:10 PM
this game was a good game on single player and multiplayer. it got bad reviews which it did not deserve. This was one of the most under valued games of last year

DubNut86
04-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Was thinking of getting this game today, glad i didn't now!!

Bleeding Star
04-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Was thinking of getting this game today, glad i didn't now!!

you should, its a really good game :] better than most games out there