PDA

View Full Version : Karma

antnie
11-22-2007, 04:46 AM
I was thinking about how to make the site better. I am not saying it is bad. It is the best webiste for xbox 360. So here it is, it is a thing called Karma and it is like having feedback on ebay. Lets say that someone helps you boost or helps you with a question on the site you would leave him +Karma. But when you are boosting with someone and the dude leaves after you helped him you would leave -Karma. It would rate how well or helpful you are. I thought that it would be placed under the avatar with two options One + Karma the other -Karma. Then above it would have your total. you could also make an award for lets say getting 100 +Karma. To prevent people from boosting or just clicking 100 times on the -Karma, you can only give Karma to that person every day. Taht is how i thoughht that i could make the site beter. The other thing is to use or leave Karma you have to be a member for more than 2 months, and have over 100 posts.

Sanction
11-22-2007, 05:05 AM
Everyone would have negative karma because of different views on things...lol.

antnie
11-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Everyone would have negative karma because of different views on things...lol. I know right now i would give you a - Karma. just kidding.

KlicK
11-22-2007, 05:19 AM
You should probably try searching. This has been absolutely talked talked to death (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1353476)

PerpetualHeaven
11-22-2007, 05:28 AM
I to have suggested something along the lines of this but it was a long time ago. Problem is, I believe the admins are worried about power abuse. I think the best idea if this is ever done is to simply just give Karma+ instead of Karma-. That way people who deserve Karma, get it but no one can abuse their power and give a lot of negatives.

antnie
11-22-2007, 05:31 AM
I to have suggested something along the lines of this but it was a long time ago. Problem is, I believe the admins are worried about power abuse. I think the best idea if this is ever done is to simply just give Karma+ instead of Karma-. That way people who deserve Karma, get it but no one can abuse their power and give a lot of negatives. That is even better. That is good so no one give a lot of negatives for no reason.

danjohnson58
11-22-2007, 10:41 AM
It's an intresting enough idea, but whats the point of it? Just to show people who are helpful essentially, which in turn would reflect badly upon others?

ever31
11-22-2007, 01:45 PM
im member of a football forum (www.spurscommunity.co.uk (http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/)) and the karma system is being used on there. To be honest I find it a joke you get the people you get on with giving you positive karma as often as positive, it becomes very cliquey and abused. It becomes a contest to see who can get the most green squares (well that’s what it is on sc)

ps does this post get me negative karma

The Pants Party
11-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Been discussed before and it's not going to happen. I could make a fake account and give every single person on the forum negative feedback. It happens all the time on music sites where someone will rate every album a 1-star because they are jackasses.

Great idea, but impossible to police. If someone is here long enough, they'll know who has the good info and who talks out their ass.

Bluntman428
11-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Great idea, but impossible to police. If someone is here long enough, they'll know who has the good info and who talks out their ass.

Exactly. It's pretty easy to get a feel for who's cool and who's a tool if you spend a few weeks here.

Zef
11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
I think the only way it would work is if the staff were the only ones capable of dishing it out, but luckily there are already infractions for just such an occassion. It would be a good way for people to see who is reliable or not in regards to achievement trading, but if you stick around the forums long enough you will find out who the goodies and who the baddies are for yourself.

The forums have lasted years without the need for 'karma' or any kinds of ratings, so they will surely do fine for a little while longer won't they =) Since this is the most suggested suggestion the thread is getting locked. It isn't ever going to happen =P