PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Club Poop, it is difficult.

daninthemix
11-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Do you know why this is so fucking hard? Because half the time when you press the run button you end up snagged and running on the spot.

Forevermore
11-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Try again?

jkbd33
11-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Try again?

Lots of times. I'm proly close to 100 tries and still haven't beat it. I've gotten close a few times. But I always die in that last hallway. When you have to turn the corner.

MrEastSide
11-23-2007, 06:26 AM
They could have at least given like 15 more seconds to do this on Veteran. It's already so damn hard would giving those few extra seconds really make it that much easier to beat? I doubt it!

Bullet2theface
11-23-2007, 06:48 AM
I got mine today after 200+ tries, I kept getting to the part with the hostage but I kept shooting him by accident, look at this video. This is how I beat it, DO WHAT HE DOES!

YouTube - Call of Duty 4 Epilogue - "Mile High Club" on Veteran

Gosnork
11-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Best thing that you can do is pick up the P90 that the guy drops in front of the stairs. It makes the 2nd floor much easier, and if you run out of ammo, just switch back to the MP5.

daninthemix
11-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Erm, I haven't yet managed to make it upstairs.

I've seen all the videos and I still don't get it. If ran past people like he did, I'd be shot from behind. If I threw flash grenades in the same way he did, I'd be blinded.

Lots of practice is needed I guess.

I only have 3 achievements I need to get:

1) This
2) Cargo Ship New Squadron Record
3) Down Boy Down << btw how do you do this? I've tried waiting until RS appears on screen and pressing it/holding it but I never manage to kill the dog. What gives?

pavementpoop
11-23-2007, 10:59 AM
i managed to get 1000 on the game yesterday my first :) but this wasnt to bad took me around 15-20 trys, shot the hostage a few time -_- thats annoying, tbh i didnt really shot any1 just the flashs, i found the end upstairs alot easyer because you can grab more flashs at the end so you have 4 flashs for the last room, in which u can just run past, made it with 2 sec left :) just keep trying your soon get it :) and its a good feeling when u do ;)
________
Nexium withdraw (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

MopFlop
11-23-2007, 06:39 PM
i dont get y people are moaning about this lvl. if u have completed the game on veteran then u should be able to do this. just apply the same tactics except be more hasty are risk taking.

Forevermore
11-23-2007, 06:59 PM
All you need is a strategy and you're set.

daninthemix
11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't think I've seen a single video of this level that I believe is the 360 version. Every video has less enemy soldiers in every area than the version I'm playing.

MrMaverickMDK
11-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Those videos maybe the PC version but it is pretty much the same. Trust me it took a long time to master this level but once you get it down it is quite easy. I just followed the youTube video and eventually you will get it. The real trick is to keep running forward as quickly as possible and just hide. Your team does MOST of the work for you. I maybe shot 5-6 guys through the whole plane while my team killed everyone else. Also the quicker you run through the plane the less the enemy spawns which of course makes it easier.

JayMax
11-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Erm, I haven't yet managed to make it upstairs.

I've seen all the videos and I still don't get it. If ran past people like he did, I'd be shot from behind. If I threw flash grenades in the same way he did, I'd be blinded.

Lots of practice is needed I guess.

I only have 3 achievements I need to get:

1) This
2) Cargo Ship New Squadron Record
3) Down Boy Down << btw how do you do this? I've tried waiting until RS appears on screen and pressing it/holding it but I never manage to kill the dog. What gives?

For me, 'Down Boy Down', was a hit or miss one. I just kept doing it over and over. Basically though, I couldn't see the timing it wants, so I just hit the RS when I thought it was coming up, and it worked. I only managed to do it one other time on purpose, when I shot the stray later on feeding, and a whole pack answers his cry.

rhysg19951
03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
i hate this level

star1029
03-10-2009, 02:59 AM
wow gravedigger..... this post was made in 11-22-2007

GrayK$&
03-10-2009, 03:47 AM
took me a very long time to get it, but once i did, man did it feel great

WeemanNewYork
03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Watch video on youtube and It will show u how to beat it.

I still have not got it yet, but my brother got it, He got lucky

LanEvo
03-11-2009, 04:11 AM
2009 and still havent got it too.

Hopefully, b4 CoD MW2, if i get lucky :P

Ev0lon
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Made it too the end and got shot, that's when I gave up.. I don't believe I will ever get this achievement... Way to hard for me :(

Lemon Of Life
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
This one wasn't too hard, just kept trying in bursts of 10 tries every week. Finally got to the hostage bit, finger slipped, blindfired and headshotted the terrorrist, felt pretty chuffed. Also, on that same try, I knifed the guy coming out of the toilet, he fell into the toilet and his legs went in a spaz, such a funny glitch.

Really wish cod 4 had something similar to halo 3s fileshare, so that i could show that one off.

EDIT: also finished with less than 1 sec to go, forgot about that.

IncensedCape
03-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Just follow one of the various guides on YouTube TO THE LETTER :) I did it on my third attempt using a guide. First two times I shot the hostage, as I was so amazed that I'd even reached that point, after hearing how difficult it was ;) It showed exactly where to throw flashbangs, where to crouch, how long to wait etc..Very helpful.

Xx 8cho
03-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Do you know why this is so fucking hard? Because half the time when you press the run button you end up snagged and running on the spot.

go to nextgenwalkthroughs.com and look at their Mile High walkthrough it helped me alot, if your getting past the first room which is by far the hardest then you should be on your way, last month I borrowed cod 4 from my friend to finish this achievement and I reached the hostage 4 times in under a hour, it takes rhythm, but like I said follow the walkthrough and dont get frustrated bc you'll never beat it

M85A21
03-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I see where you're coming from Dan, I got snagged so many times on silly things like door frames by about 2cm. Lol. But I eventually got it by moving in a calculating manner. Making sure to do two things at once when possible.

DeafSunchaser
03-13-2009, 05:09 AM
at last i done it! i just would not give up! :) im propa pleased :)

II M1CK3H II
03-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Watched the YouTube vid on how to do it (the one where he uses the pistol for first 2 kills) and noted where to throw the flashbangs. Did it first time. There like 3 rooms with enemies right? And you have 4 flashbangs... Just try not to blind yourself like i did lol.

II M1CK3H II
03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
This one lol, its a good guide. :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/m_kT7rlaYYw

BadCompany34
03-18-2009, 07:31 PM
eh its not to hard

XxJinsinxX
03-22-2009, 02:41 PM
if its so hard try going on youtube and see how they do it, ive beaten it many times and trying to do it without shooting just for the fun of it... not working very well lol

arbiter4566
03-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Has anyone actually done the arcade score challenge for mile high club. I would love to hear the ranks you guys got.

Br0flc0pter
03-23-2009, 09:17 PM
I watched a video on youtube and no joke did it my second try. If you reload at the right places and the right time you should have a problem. The key is go stun grenade shoot, stun grenade shoot, reload, repeat.

Pigletoos
03-24-2009, 06:28 AM
I spent about 2 hours working on it. I watched the nextgen guide, and then played in on regular and hard for a little while to get used to it. Then I almost got to the VIP once but died in the hallway to him, then I finally got to the VIP about 30 minutes later, and missed my first shot, and then nailed him on my second.

Mother Beef
03-25-2009, 06:37 AM
I had already done it but to still see people having diffiuculties i decided to check it out again to see if i was just doing it by luck. And well within 1-2 hrs i finished it about 4 times.

The video mentioned above helped me first get the achievement but i have seen better ones out there that i agree with more and dont require u to be as perfectly timed/aimed for everything. Look around and study the videos.

AlaskA
03-25-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah its such a short level that if you keep trying you'll get it eventually, just flash every room before going in and only take out the guys on the one side you wanna advance on, your guys will take out the rest. I got it in my 20 something try and I have done it multiple times since using this method

FetusPuncher91
03-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Reloading at the right time is key, as is flashbang placement. A little bit of luck doesn't help either. After I rounded the first corner to get to where the VP was, I didn't know that there was another guy around the last corner. My finger slipped and I knifed him and went on to kill the terrorist.

The best part about finishing this mission is never having to play it again.

arbiter4566
03-27-2009, 01:21 AM
lol really? sometimes I just play the mission for fun. Or attempt to get #1 in the arcade leader boards. But 200k is just insane.

FetusPuncher91
03-27-2009, 01:30 AM
For me, the fun part is getting the achievement. This level was a pain in the ass and took a long time to complete, but part of the reason I like achievements is that if you take the time to get them all, you're getting the most for your money. And I definately got my money's worth out of this game.

On to World at War!

dragon49
03-27-2009, 08:50 PM
I got mine today after 200+ tries, I kept getting to the part with the hostage but I kept shooting him by accident, look at this video. This is how I beat it, DO WHAT HE DOES!

YouTube - Call of Duty 4 Epilogue - &quot;Mile High Club&quot; on Veteran (http://youtube.com/watch?v=FbYXV0UivpM&feature=related)

Ok I'll try this for the final 20 gamerscore.

FetusPuncher91
03-27-2009, 09:26 PM
This achievement is hard to get, but definately not impossible. Repetition is the key.

Gorilla Stomper
06-23-2009, 07:41 PM
this mission is so stupid, i wish the rest of the "team" would do something

the person who came up with this mission should be strangled

RTB xYOGIBEARx
06-24-2009, 12:05 AM
2009 and still havent got it too.

Hopefully, b4 CoD MW2, if i get lucky :P

Keep trying I tried this like 2 months before I actually got it, trying for like 30 mins a day ( the first week like 3 hours a day)

Now I master this and have done it for friends and they're like wtf how'd you do it the first try :)

The GunOfTheWest
06-24-2009, 11:15 AM
The video above is terrible. Do not use it except as a very vague outline. The guy gets incredibly lucky. Like really Incredibibly lucky. Yes really that lucky. That way will work 1 in 100 times, and he happened to get that one time on video.

jammy55
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
sure stragetys on youtube work but it is still luck like i did exactly what this guy did on this video i was watching yet it took me 49 attempts to do it

JrdRIOT
07-18-2009, 12:05 AM
meh, ive given up with it.
ill probably let my friend recover my account and do it for me.

Robiin
07-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Just did it, about an hour ago.. It was hard as hell.. I've still got a few missions on vet to do. I'm anxious about One shot, one kill.. seeing as on hardened it almost made me break my controller.

Blue Radium
07-19-2009, 12:01 AM
When you snag, it is generally because you failed to fully kill someone, and they are just lying on the ground. The hardest part is right after you toss the concussion grenade into the first open room, as you have to fully kill about 3-5 guys in order to make it into the safety of the hall right before, the plane getting a hole in it. You just have to be sure you kill everyone that is in your path when you attempt to rush after throwing a concussion grenade. If you are snagging on the environment, don't sprint while you are extremely close to walls. You should only be sprinting when you have cleared an area, or when you are trying to rush past a part after tossing a concussion. Neither require you to be close to any piece of environment you can get caught on.

Harvir007
07-19-2009, 07:20 PM
YouTube - CoD 4: MHC (Veteran) - The Full Tutorial

very good guide :)

KillTheft_Echo
07-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Old Old thread people. Hopefully the kid got it after 2 years of trying.

Pearson
07-19-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm gonna have to give this a try again, so I can get my 1,000G for this game. I think my problem is that I get too frustrated after a few attempts of failure. I made it near the end 5 times, I either ran out of time or got killed by the last two guys.

Suicide Mercy
07-20-2009, 08:53 PM
I Done It First Time On 4 Diffrent Accounts.

veece16
07-20-2009, 08:59 PM
its not that hard if you've beat the game on veteran, its just like all the cod combined on one single level

ps. yes it is hard, its fucking bullshit

poopstain killa
07-20-2009, 11:52 PM
I'd say this is the HARDEST achievement I've gotten so far. It took me like 4 days, a couple hours at a time to get this bastard.

This is my "proudest" Achievement by far.