PDA

View Full Version : Easier way to survivor achievement

Wet Factory
05-31-2006, 07:17 PM
I dont know if people know this but you do not necessarily have to shoot down twelve planes each wave to complete each mission for each plane on arcade mode. Once you see the first four or five planes for each wave if you shoot them all down in the first swoop before the next plane shows up, it will save wave completed and you'll go to the next wave. If you do the same for the next wave you can complete the mission with only shooting down twelve or fourteen planes the whole mission instead of the original thirty six. I myself have only done this for one plane but I usually end up being able to do it for two waves and end up only having to shoot down twenty to twenty two planes instead of the thirty six planes. This saves a bunch of time for getting the survivor achievement.

Ratgax
06-01-2006, 08:50 AM
That sounds nice, but killing a wave before the next shows up is gonna be really hard!

Maka
06-01-2006, 11:44 AM
I've tried this and felt as though i succeded but the new wave seemed to appear right after......:confused:

Col Boom Stick
06-06-2006, 09:24 PM
This does work, I was about to post on here about that exact glitch. Some waves all the planes will rush you, those are the easy ones to take out quickly. If the planes all break off in different directions, theres no way you'll catch them all before the next wave.

Just2 ProGamerz
06-11-2006, 10:40 PM
It does work each wave startswith four planes new planes don't spawn till the damaged plane actually hits the ground, just take out the four before any hit the ground.

GS Whore
06-19-2006, 12:52 PM
are you sure you will still get the achievement... it says shoot down 36 so it might register as only 20 planes, im not sure just wondering as i have not tried this yet.

xl SuB Z3r0 lx
05-14-2007, 07:14 AM
gs u will still get the achievement, is just this one survivor achievement really piss me off. I mean i spent 3 hour trying to get 150 points. Getting 4 planes in a row is also hard cuz when they spawn they would fly away and u need to kill them all befor more spawn

The Boat Rocker
06-06-2007, 12:51 AM
I dont know if people know this but you do not necessarily have to shoot down twelve planes each wave to complete each mission for each plane on arcade mode. Once you see the first four or five planes for each wave if you shoot them all down in the first swoop before the next plane shows up, it will save wave completed and you'll go to the next wave. If you do the same for the next wave you can complete the mission with only shooting down twelve or fourteen planes the whole mission instead of the original thirty six. I myself have only done this for one plane but I usually end up being able to do it for two waves and end up only having to shoot down twenty to twenty two planes instead of the thirty six planes. This saves a bunch of time for getting the survivor achievement.

This is interesting. It's been a while since I completed the arcade mode, so I can't be entirely sure, but I remember a couple of arcade missions thinking that the mission sure ended sooner than I expected. I must have knocked down all of them before new ones could regenerate at least a few times.

The 360 Dragon
06-06-2007, 09:20 AM
man this game is getting more and more annoying...

steelefan15
07-03-2007, 02:22 AM
cool thanks

rdrunr89
10-15-2007, 05:08 PM
I had this happen to me with like the 8th or 9th plane in the arcade mode (if you go in order). I thought it was a glitch too like other people may have. Now I know it can be done multiple times, I'm going to keep trying. It happened to me on the 2nd wave of planes.

H20
10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
It does work and makes it alot ez'r but normally they all go different directions sometimes if u get the check point u can actually load the last wave and they will respawn and give u another shot at getting all 4 be4 any spawn.

M85A21
10-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I used the cheat for Godmode I'll be honest. This was very hard lol.