American account.. free content?

TheManners

Hi I'm British.. one of my friends told me that American accounts get access to more free content than us (such as a few free Arcade games etc).

Is this true? If so if I supplied someone from NA with an Email could they make me an Xbox.com Account then I'd retrieve it and download the games onto my console and play them back on my original account?

Just a thought.

Manners

You can make a fake U.S. account by yourself. Just make a hotmail account and choose your location as the U.S. then use that to make a silver Live account through your dashboard. When you sign in on that account, you'll see the U.S. marketplace and can download anything you want.

Hey Pants, I got a question. On my brothers xbox 360 I have like 3 arcade games on there which I bought on my account. Now I got a new xbox 360 but I don't have them on there, anyway I can get them back on my account?

If it is your account on the new 360 then yeah you can, you just have to download them again for free.

Hey Pants, I got a question. On my brothers xbox 360 I have like 3 arcade games on there which I bought on my account. Now I got a new xbox 360 but I don't have them on there, anyway I can get them back on my account?

Yea if u recover your tag on your new 360 then, should just be able to download them,

And again just make a american account on hotmail and join xbox live etc download the free stuff to the harddrive, they you can access them from your other account for arcade games etc ;)

________

DivineHotBody

Edited by pavementpoop

You can make a fake U.S. account by yourself. Just make a hotmail account and choose your location as the U.S. then use that to make a silver Live account through your dashboard. When you sign in on that account, you'll see the U.S. marketplace and can download anything you want.

Does this really work cos I was always worried of doing it cos I heard it can mess up your 360.

One of my friends downloaded some games onto his harddrive while using another friend's 360 before he had internet but when he took it home he couldn't play the games and content he downloaded. He now has internet but can only use the stuff when connected which he doesn't like. Is there a way to fix it so he can use the stuff offline without having to rebuy it all?

Dont think so because its connected to the gamer card not his 360.

One of my friends downloaded some games onto his harddrive while using another friend's 360 before he had internet but when he took it home he couldn't play the games and content he downloaded. He now has internet but can only use the stuff when connected which he doesn't like. Is there a way to fix it so he can use the stuff offline without having to rebuy it all?

^^^Was it downloaded into his account or friend's account?

Does this really work cos I was always worried of doing it cos I heard it can mess up your 360.

^^^It'll work fine and will NOT mess up your 360.

I created a 2 Korean accounts, so I could download Hexic 2 for free. Both my consoles are still fine.

It was onto his own account onto his own harddrive, but on a friend's 360.

Yeah, you cant because all downloaded content it hooked to the 360 console serial number, so cos it was another 360 used the downloaded content can only be accessed offline by that machine.

Also look at the download usage restrictions, It says you can use this item on the 1st xbox 360 console you used to download it.

• 3 weeks later...

ahh ok thanks. I just logged into my fake American account and got Yaris and Aegis Wing! Are there any other free ones on there I missed or am I just being greedy ?!:p

If anyone knows of any other countries that have free Arcade games or content, and how to gain access to it please let me know! Thanks

Aww lame.. I'm in the same boat at U.K! I'm gonna find out if there is any more free content from other countries. (who can't resist freebies!)

As a side note I noticed on my American account it had just shy of 400 Movies on there. What the hell man.. we only just got the ability to DL movies about a week ago. Also we have just 10-15 movies on there and most of them suck!