PDA

View Full Version : Easy 100% Vocal "Hand That Feeds"...I hope

MAPP1117
11-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to try this yet because my 360 is in for repair, but I think this should work. I seperated the vocal track on "The Hand That Feeds" master recording, so that there are no instruments in the background. If you put the microphone up to this you should be able to 100% it on expert.

Let me know if this works

Right click HERE (http://madden0707.tripod.com/vox.mp3) and click save target as

311chaos
11-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I tried this and I couldn't get it to work. I was booed off the stage pretty quickly. It was pretty difficult to get the timing right, but I think that I finally got it synced up and I still was booed off. I was playing it through my laptop speakers (which aren't too bad for a laptop but still), so maybe it would help to have it on played through a better speaker...

custom
11-24-2007, 09:41 PM
You would have to make sure that they use the master track in game

TwistedFate
11-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Actually, the music in the background has nothing to do with it, cover or master. It's the note chart that is important. If the note chart you are given is not exactly what is being sung in the real song then it's not going to work.

Caleb Goessling
11-24-2007, 11:40 PM
I strongly reccommend Blitzkrieg Bop. -and that's not just a theory. Check my gamercard. The song is short, simple, and even has many atonal sections. I got it on something like my tenth try.

Fucking cheaters... Serves you right. Cheating would never work. You need to strategize on Expert. Sing louder, come in earlier, and trail off later than in the original recording. Stare at your arrow. There are probably modulations you never noticed, even in your favorite songs.

TheGreatLaharl
11-25-2007, 12:09 AM
I suck very badly at singing. I think I'm pretty much tone deaf.

But I still got my 100% on an expert song, and on my first try.

Sabotage, by the Beastie Boys. No pitch whatsoever in the whole song. All you have to do is make sure you say the right words at the right time. Very very easy.

Cosmo_Kramer
11-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Seriously, if you are tone deaf, that's probably why they included Sabotage or Epic. Just do those, there's no pitch needed at all.

MrMaverickMDK
11-25-2007, 04:23 PM
I strongly reccommend Blitzkrieg Bop. -and that's not just a theory. Check my gamercard. The song is short, simple, and even has many atonal sections. I got it on something like my tenth try.

I second that...just tried it and got it on my first try. That song was simple and short.

soldat329x
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
how did you extract the vocals from the master track?

thenixhex311
11-26-2007, 01:41 AM
damn, i dont see how the hell you guys got 100 on Blitzkreig bop! i know all the words too and i keep failing. damn is this tough!

TheLazyWolf
11-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Hmm. i had the same idea.

I made the volume for all instruments be 0, turned vocal master track all the way up and put my mic up to the TV. Didn't work so well :(

Anyone else here play real guitar? I have been considering tabbing out the vocal lines and just playing guitar instead of singing. Would probably be even easier with a keyboard..

JonLacksAnH
12-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I got frustrated after botching Blitzkrieg Bop with "strong"s popping up intermittently, so I did something weird and dumb, and just sustained the most common note in the song for about 10 seconds. I'm not exactly sure why... I was just sick of getting 96% on a song that should have been easy, but that seemed to fail to register notes here and there for no reason.

(has anybody else noticed the game doesn't respond to lower ranges nearly as well as it picks up on falsetto? As a low-range baritone, I'm finding I have to abuse this a lot)

So as I'm, for whatever reason, sustaining this note out of frustration, I nail a few consecutive phrases.

What?

I try duplicating the results by starting over and just holding that note. Sure enough, you can get "awesome"s on a substantial chunk of the phrases by just holding that one note. I found I only had to actually sing rather than match tones with ohs and ahs on the "hey, ho, let's go/shoot 'em in the back now/what they want I don't know/they're all revved up and ready to go" sections.

And, oddly enough, even though hitting the "hey ho/let's go" sections at the beginning and end shouldn't be a problem to anybody, ever, whatsoever, I started toying around with how sloppy I could be and still get "awesome"s and figured out you can do just fine tapping your mic against your hand for each word.

(this is my programming/quality assurance experience at its best... I'm fascinated by figuring out ways to break/abuse other people's code and/or work against the context of the program)

At first I assumed getting 100% on an expert song would really be a matter of how well you knew the songs, your particular vocal range, and some level of personal preference, but at this point I don't think there's any possible compelling argument that any song is easier than Blitzkrieg Bop.

shftleft
12-05-2007, 11:21 AM
how did you extract the vocals from the master track?

Trent Reznor consistently allows fans to download the master tracks in garage band format..very easy just to extract the vocal track from there.

KiLL CraZy
12-05-2007, 02:32 PM
i can't even get the mp3 file to work lol

Fire Mage
12-05-2007, 10:04 PM
I can't even do Sabotage. I get 71% for some reason... :(

Frantic Killer4
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Ahhh this sounds fun can't wait to get the game, Quick question, can you sing with like the mic that you use to put in your regular controller to talk to people with?

shftleft
12-06-2007, 07:19 PM
yes you can use the mic that comes with the headset to sing

soldat329x
12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
(has anybody else noticed the game doesn't respond to lower ranges nearly as well as it picks up on falsetto? As a low-range baritone, I'm finding I have to abuse this a lot)

Omg yes. I can't even make it past the third set because no matter how low I go, it ALWAYS stays in the middle region. If I go really high, however, it will drop to the bottom as it should. I don't understand why it does this...

Chupathingy13
12-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Uh

Whoever said Sabotage was going to be the easiest way to get Vocal 100% didn't know what the hell they were talking about. I don't know about you guys, but I can't do talky parts. They screw me up more than anything. And I know the song well, and heck, I even put the Rock Band soundtrack on a CD to listen to in the car so I could practice (lol?).

REBEL BOY OO9
03-05-2008, 12:48 AM
please... QUIT TRYING TO CHEAT ON SINGING ITS EASY ON EXPERT!!!:mad:

OldWIKI TIK
03-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Well, I don't know about EASY...... but I do think it is easier than drums. Besides, if they feel the need to spend the time to do it then so be it. I will still spank them in a score dual.:biglaugh

HoodMod
03-05-2008, 01:23 AM

Stop spamming -- your posts drive me nuts. Sure, people should stop cheating and practice the songs. Doesn't mean you have to come in here screaming that vocals are easy. The difficult is very specific to the person. Maybe I'm just tone deaf, but I find them hard and could hardly beat Medium.

killerharu45
03-05-2008, 08:04 AM
The 100% achievement is meant to take a lot of practice. That is the point of achievements, to challenge everyone. So if your going to go for the other singing achievements, being able to 100% one on expert should be easy. If you play this game for achievements, then you are definitely missing the point of this multiplayer based game

Lucent Beam
03-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I think the easiest to get 100% vocals on are the ones with a very limited and easy pattern like:

Go With the Flow
Maps
Dani California
Creep
Pleasure
Don't Fear the Reaper
In Bloom

and Paranoid too maybe but I haven't 100%ed that personally.

And you don't need to hit the rhythm parts like the tambourine or cowbell.

porschephiliac
03-06-2008, 05:13 AM
Sabotage, by the Beastie Boys. No pitch whatsoever in the whole song. All you have to do is make sure you say the right words at the right time. Very very easy.
Good advice, I will try this one, since I know the song, it should be easy. Thanks!

TwistedFate
03-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Good advice, I will try this one, since I know the song, it should be easy. Thanks!

It's actually quite hard. There are other songs that are much easier to 100%.

OldWIKI TIK
03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
It's actually quite hard. There are other songs that are much easier to 100%.
It is one of the hardest to FC in the game! IMO, there are only 5 or 6 that are harder... Timmay! being one of them.

Matrarch
03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Sabotage was the first song I FCed, but I haven't been able to do it since. Talky parts are tricky so a whole song of them can be problematic.

Shaynringan
03-07-2008, 07:14 PM
I got it on "Dirty Little Secret", one of the DLC songs. Super easy on vocals.