PDA

View Full Version : About the Pilot Ranking/Class for Premium achievements

superink
11-25-2007, 02:46 AM
I heard the premium 6,7 and 8 achievements only can be unlocked after the pilot's ranking/class levels up to Best Guy, Predator or Top Gun, so how long does it take to make it very high to these rankings?

First I did co-op from Greenhorn by destroying all other 3 enemies' symbol tower for 9 times, both my and my partners' ranking/class jumped to Ultimate Gambler, and then I played 5 hours single arena, my ranking changed from Ultimate Gambler -> Sniper -> Shooter -> Attacker -> Fighter -> Gambler, it's like a sequent round, so I guess I need to do co-op again till I get my rank to Best Guy, Predator or Top Gun... How much longer do I have to do co-op again? and in the 5 hours I only shot down Edward...... I didn't see any other Big Bosses appeared...... so is there any tips that I can make these Big Bosses appear more often? or just keep on shooting down enemies? Can you give me an overall Ranking/Class for Greenhorn to Top Gun Pattern?

I am really tired of playing this simulator ( I mean it's not a game but a simulator), both my mind and body...... please help me!!! thanks a lot!

btw I beat all the scenario mode......

CovertDog
11-25-2007, 03:58 AM
Its been awhile, but if I remember correctly, to get Premium rewards 7 & 8 you need to play the arena and shoot down the corsponding planes. For 7 shoot down all the F-15J and bosses that show up until the big boss (that is the name of one of your wingman). Then go to challengemode and defeat him there to unlock the achievement. Samething for 8, except go for the F-2B's.

For premium six, you have to get your rank to Gambler (I think that is the highest in the arena) then go online to get your rank up to Predator. Then back to arena to get Top Gun. Like I said it's been awhile, but I believe thats the trick to it.

superink
11-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Its been awhile, but if I remember correctly, to get Premium rewards 7 & 8 you need to play the arena and shoot down the corsponding planes. For 7 shoot down all the F-15J and bosses that show up until the big boss (that is the name of one of your wingman). Then go to challengemode and defeat him there to unlock the achievement. Samething for 8, except go for the F-2B's.

For premium six, you have to get your rank to Gambler (I think that is the highest in the arena) then go online to get your rank up to Predator. Then back to arena to get Top Gun. Like I said it's been awhile, but I believe thats the trick to it.

thanks for this info!

Finally I successfully located and shot down all Premium 2,3,4,5, which can be forced to appear by shooting down corresponding (same series) normal ones. wow that was a long time work...... Right now I got another problem is I can't find any F-15 series, in order to make Ryoji (F-15DJ, Premium 1) appear, I think I've travelled every corner of the map, but still can't locate any F-15(J or D, whatever it is)......

well I think I already knew the accurate locations for the another 4, assume the base where you take off is in the central, the small island base (opposite to the central base) is in the Westsouth corner of the map, to unlock Edward, you have to shoot some Jargunars, or J-7or8 between the 2 bases, and then you will find him flying somewhere between the 2 bases. For unlocking Micheal, you will have to shoot down some Russian Planes like Mig series and SU-25,27,30,33, which can be found in the Eastsouth to the central base, and then Micheal will appear in the Eastnorth of the map. For Linda, first you go shoot down some F series (F-16,14, etc) and then you will find her just flying around the central base. For Alfred, you will have to fly to the Westnorth sea area to shoot down some X/F series, then you will find he's flying in that area too. Of course before you make them exposed you will encounter some Bosses, make sure you shoot all of them down, it's very important to kill corresponing planes including bosses for the Big Bosses.

If you make sure I am wrong, please correct me!

So I don't know where are the F-15s...... Literally there's no corresponding planes for Ryoji's F-15DJ at all......

I also heard shooting down Ryoji's F-15DJ does unlocks Premium 7 and 8 right after it, so basicly if you got F-15DJ, that means you've already gotten Premium 7 and 8 too?

CovertDog
11-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I usually don't like doing this, but its just easier this way. This was took from xbox.com. Credit to FeralKitty for written it out. Here is the link http://forums.xbox.com/6021443/ShowPost.aspx

C08. How do I unlock Premium Reward 6?

Ah... the long-discussed mystery. Thanks to Alex Star who figured this out, it's not too complicated (but does require a lot of time).

First, unlock the first five Premium Rewards, by shooting down the specific wingman Big Bosses, as explained in G03, then challenging each one in Big Boss Mode.

Next, you need to obtain Best Guy or Predator rank, by playing online in Multiplayer. This rank can't be obtained offline in Challenge Arena. Once you have reached Best Guy (or Predator), hop into Challenge Arena, and shoot down a plane, then land and exit. Select your Big Boss menu, and F-15J 305th should be available to challenge!

C09. Why did it only unlock Premium Reward 8, but not 7?

Premium Rewards 6, 7, and 8 unlock based on your rank, after you have unlocked the first five Premium Rewards.

Your rank needs to be Ace before the Premium Reward 8 Big Boss shows up in Big Boss mode. You need to be Ultimate before Premium Reward 7 shows up. If you're not Ultimate yet, fly around in Challenge Arena, shooting down any Bosses/Big Bosses to gain glory points and boost your rank.

D01. What do the different ranks mean?

This is often discussed in StaticGull's Classes and Sniper Vs. Gambler (http://forums.xbox.com/5513043/ShowPost.aspx) thread.

The ranks, from lowest to highest, are Greenhorn, Slump, Decline, Stupidity, General, Dexterous ..., Ace ..., Ultimate ..., Best Guy or Predator, Top Gun, and Legendary ... .

Dexterous, Ace, Ultimate, and Legendary have a word after them that indicates what tactics/combat style you tend to use. The different tactics are Gambler, Sniper, Destroyer, Shooter, Tactitian, Attacker, Gunner, Fighter, and Striker. These are not better or worse ranks in themselves. For example, if your rank changed from Ace Gambler to Ace Tactitian, you're still an Ace. However, if your rank changes from Ace Gambler to Ultimate Destroyer, for example, that is an improvement in rank, since Ultimate is higher than Ace.

The only tactic I believe I understand the meaning of, is Gambler. This would be shooting down planes who have locked on to you (and possibly launched). StaticGull's thread is the best place to get answers for meanings of these tactics, if you want to know.

D02. How can I improve my rank?

Your rank will increase as you gain glory points. You can gain glory points by shooting down Bosses/Big Bosses in Challenge Arena, by being the person to destroy the Symbol Tower, in Multiplayer Arena, or by shooting down a player from another team in Multiplayer (either Arena or Vs match). Note that the person you shoot down has to be a higher rank than you, for you to get points from the kill.

As mentioned in D03, once you reach Ultimate in Challenge Arena, you'll need to go online, to improve your rank any higher.

D03. Can I get Predator/Best Guy in offline Arena?

No, you need to play in Multiplayer (online) to go from Ultimate to Predator/Best Guy.

I've only heard of one person who says it can be done offline, and far more people who have tried/done what he did, without getting it.

superink
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
oh HOLY DAMN! I can't believe I still don't have F-15DJ (Ryoji's plane), in the past 7 hours I've been flying the F-22 with 14 long-range, 2 short-range missiles and 4 extra fuel tankers, but I've still not triggered Ryoji......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::con fused::(:(

anyway really big thanks for the guide, I've never seen any great guides like that!:)

I followed the guide's intructions about triggering the Big Bosses like only shoot down right planes at the right place, and I don't remember how many times I've travelled around the base and the volcano....... why the hell he is still not there showing up like an idiot?!:confused::confused::confused: well, I don't think I did something wrong...... I even haven't being shot down by any enemies.......
I am really at the edge of being so so so so sOSSOSOSO mad and tearing up the disc......:mad::mad::mad:

I think I still got a hope of doing co-op again, the guide says leveling up rank does increases the chance of triggering Big Bosses.......

well, can't believe I have too many pains in the ass:

Ridge Racer 6 (No-Collision & 10,000 miles driven)
Spiderman 3 (all trick races completed with gold medal)
Command & Conquer 3 (100 hours Online Play)
Gears of War (all Weapon achievement glitches and of course the SERIOUSLY)
and this Over-G Fighter...........