PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale FAQ thread

Marx0r
11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I think the Garage Sale Forum would benefit from an FAQ thread. Questions such as:

How do I ship something overseas?
What's the most economical way to ship a game?
Why would I want to provide a shipping discount to x360a members? (seems to be commonplace and I'm planning on doing it when I get my games up)
What would be the best way to advertise my auction on Ebay?

These would seem to be questions that would otherwise be asked and answered in some Off-Topic section or in someone's individual thread, and then fade away after a while, being useless to anyone else with the same question.

I'd make one, but that's not allowed according to Minty's rules.

Zef
11-26-2007, 11:16 PM
It makes sense since some people may be first time eBay users, but I believe eBay have their own FAQs/help sections that could answer most of the general selling questions. The only relevant ones would be why you could offer discounts and maybe packaging advice, which could just be regular FAQ questions. Good idea, but the answers can be found elsewhere and probably in greater detail.

I can answer one of those for you =)

A shipping discount or any other kind of discount for x360a members is just an incentive for forum users to bid on your auction. If someone here knows they could get 50% shipping on your item they might bid higher on that item, so if someone else outbids that offer then you stand to make even more money from the auction. So offering the discount can either be a better way to be sure your item sells or a way to increase the final seling price. It also makes you look nice to other forum users =)

Marx0r
11-27-2007, 02:24 AM
A shipping discount or any other kind of discount for x360a members is just an incentive for forum users to bid on your auction. If someone here knows they could get 50% shipping on your item they might bid higher on that item, so if someone else outbids that offer then you stand to make even more money from the auction. So offering the discount can either be a better way to be sure your item sells or a way to increase the final seling price. It also makes you look nice to other forum users =)

I knew that. I was just tossing out random examples.