A little problem...

SengIV

Okay. My friend and I rented Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga. He has a memory card and signed into his account on my 360. He decided to press start first and started our profile. Now I was second player. Here is the bigger problem, it saved onto my hard drive under his name. Is there anyway I can get this save onto my profile?

(We are missing 5 characters and I can not get him to come back over to play.)

Please help me here because I want the achieves.

oh bare with this crazy concept, reading my post. I do not want his achievmemts I want MY save that I worked HARD to get. He just screwed around but no he pressed start first so it was under his name. I am wondering if there is a way I can can get my hard work back to me. We played co op so I Gor some achieves but I wanted to finish them off. So if there is a way help me and do not say try to get them yourself when I ALREADY HAVE!!!

oh bare with this crazy concept, reading my post. I do not want his achievmemts I want MY save that I worked HARD to get. He just screwed around but no he pressed start first so it was under his name. I am wondering if there is a way I can can get my hard work back to me. We played co op so I Gor some achieves but I wanted to finish them off. So if there is a way help me and do not say try to get them yourself when I ALREADY HAVE!!!

First off, calm down. While the Lego Star Wars achievements are a pain to get and losing them can be rather frustrating, you need to chill.

Alas, I don't think there is a possible way to transfer a save file from one profile to another. Which is what Zef said. If it's saved under his gamertag, that's where it will stay.

I'm sorry to say it but you'll either have to start over or forget about it.

oh bare with this crazy concept, reading my post. I do not want his achievmemts

Hmmm...

Please help me here because I want the achieves.

Denial or did you forget you actually posted that bit? And you obviously haven't got the achievements, otherwise you wouldn't be asking for help to get them...

Even if you do consider the achievements on his save file to be shared between the both of you, recovering his save file to your own profile to get the achievements is gamesaving. X360a does not take kindly to gamesaving so you will not find any assistance in doing so here.

Doing them again might sound far fetched and pointless but it is probably the only reasonable method you have of getting the achievements, so playing through is something you may want to consider instead of going nuclear.

Hmmm...

Denial or did you forget you actually posted that bit? And you obviously haven't got the achievements, otherwise you wouldn't be asking for help to get them...

Even if you do consider the achievements on his save file to be shared between the both of you, recovering his save file to your own profile to get the achievements is gamesaving. X360a does not take kindly to gamesaving so you will not find any assistance in doing so here.

Doing them again might sound far fetched and pointless but it is probably the only reasonable method you have of getting the achievements, so playing through is something you may want to consider instead of going nuclear.

I think those two quotes are referring to different achievements. He got all the achievements his friend got, because they were playing co-op (and he has 460 points in the game). It sounded to me like he wants to get the remaining 540 points, but can't because the save file is his friend's, and not his.

I think those two quotes are referring to different achievements. He got all the achievements his friend got, because they were playing co-op (and he has 460 points in the game). It sounded to me like he wants to get the remaining 540 points, but can't because the save file is his friend's, and not his.

Exactly.

So there is a way to transfer the save. Could I possibly know how and try it out to see?

Yes. Using the same save file so he doesn't have to play all the way through what they played together a second time. I thought it was rather clear.:Bounce:

The only way I could think of transferring the file is to log on to his account with a memory card, putting the save on that memory card and then logging into your account and loading the save from there.

I've never done this though and I could be WAY off so don't blame me if it doesn't work.

If you go to the far right blade, there's some way to see what's on your HD (I don't have my xbox with me right now, so I can't tell you exactly how), and from there you can see saved games. If you select the saved game, there should be an option to transfer it to a different profile, but I'm 99% sure that that save will be marked as a transfered save and be ineligible for achievements. In that case, you would have to start from scratch, because the save wouldn't be on your friend's profile either.

I think you only have 3 choices:

1) Start from scratch (this is probably a last resort)

2) Find some way to make your friend come over and finish the game (sounds like you've already tried this one)

3) If you still have access to your friend's profile, have a different friend come over and play the game with you. He can use your other friend's profile, while you use yours. You might be able to do this alone, I don't know how the co-op works, but you might be able to hide one char in a corner while you do everything on a second controller.

The save file was on his xbox, but under his friend's tag. He finally got his friend to come back over, so his friend could load the save, and they could continue playing co-op.

Ahhh ok, I got the picture now. It was just a matter of his gamertag not being on the Xbox and he brought it on his memory card to continue playing.