PDA

View Full Version : The site's review of this really ticked me off

sushininja
11-27-2007, 04:28 AM
As far as the score goes, how can they justify giving this a 70/Mediocre score, when they themselves broke it down and had an 85, 80, and a 75? To me that doesn't average out as a 70. Just my thoughts, dunno if anyone else agrees.

D3AD FR3D
11-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Some review on sites say things about the final score not being an average. I still think it is stupid that it would get high marks and getting a lower final average.

sushininja
11-27-2007, 02:34 PM
This game deserves higher than a 70. It's pure fun! :Bounce:

Zef
11-27-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't think they are averaged and put into one score as mentioned above. Scores are given at the reviewer's whim, so if you disagree then you can just feel warm inside knowing you thought differently. I played the game and thought it was quite good, but since EA are involved that is at least a 20% mark down on decentness so 70% is reasonable.

zulamun
11-27-2007, 08:34 PM
My usual game mag actually called this game a bad cliche game and gave it a 65-, i was like wtf, the whole gameplay is based on the fact it's mocking other games?

It's an awesome platform, best i've seen in years and combined with simpsons fun this definately deserves above the 70 and i agree that the scoring should be fixed :P

Krueger
11-27-2007, 08:42 PM
its an opinion dont get so worked up i have not played it but its a review is an opinion and we all can have are own opinions:)

Bax x360a
11-28-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm the person who wrote the review so if you have a problem with it then PM me. By the way, theres a review feedback thread for things like this, please post there for future reviews... Did you actually read the review by the way? I say how it is a fun playthrough the first time, but has little replay value and therefore isnt worth buying, hence getting a lower score than it would have.

killlah631
11-29-2007, 12:14 AM
It is actually the smartest way to give a final score, rather than taking the pure average. The average is resistant to outliers meaning that 2 real high scores will skew the average making it inaccurate. Those 5 factors also aren't the only 5 factors looked at, the reviewer plays the game, and reviews it based on what he experienced while playing, he doesn't just look for those 5 specific categories and not focus on anything else.

Bax x360a
11-29-2007, 10:44 AM
It is actually the smartest way to give a final score, rather than taking the pure average. The average is resistant to outliers meaning that 2 real high scores will skew the average making it inaccurate. Those 5 factors also aren't the only 5 factors looked at, the reviewer plays the game, and reviews it based on what he experienced while playing, he doesn't just look for those 5 specific categories and not focus on anything else.
Indeed, the final score we give is'nt an average of the 5 categories.

miiiguel
12-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Never understood the thing: "It's EA therefor must be bad...", why's that? Is there any reason, but "silly trend" ?

on-topic: I agree with the score approach taken by the reviewer. Reviews are not an "exact science", it's the opinion of the author.

Bax x360a
12-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Never understood the thing: "It's EA therefor must be bad...", why's that? Is there any reason, but "silly trend" ?

on-topic: I agree with the score approach taken by the reviewer. Reviews are not an "exact science", it's the opinion of the author.
It's only silly trend, which I totally disagree with. EA have made some great games in my opinion. And finally somebody agrees with the score lol.