Fall Update News - Demos deleted from games played!

ThaPrototype

From Engadget:

Microsoft Japan recently held a small press briefing detailing some of the new features bundled into the Xbox 360 Fall Dashboard Update. With the help of Engadget Japanese's Ittousai we've been able to pinpoint a few relevant changes that are in store for next Tuesday's update. The most significant addition is the reorganization of the "games" blade (pictured above), which now features the "Game Library" (in place of "Xbox Live Arcade"), in addition to the old "Achievements" and "Played Games" sections.

When opened, the Game Library is nearly identical to the current XBLA menu, with a vertically-scrolling games list and an info box appearing for the highlighted game [Famitsu image]. New, however, is a horizontal sorting menu, broken down by filters like "All Games," "Arcade," "Demos," and "Recent Downloads." (This new horizontal and vertical organization is not unlike Sony's XMB design -- Microsoft calls it "twist" navigation, the same UI used for Zune.)

Additional Fall Update features:

• Top level of "marketplace" has been reorganized and reduced to four categories: "Featured Content," "What's New," "Game Store," and "Video Store" (below top level, categories will be navigated by twist, just like the Game Library)
  • "Personal Profile" added to Gamer Profile; text field allowing approx. 500-1000 characters, providing space to publish name, nationality, region, and self introduction. (Further social networking tools to accompany 'Friends of Friends' functionality)
  • XBLA demos deleted from "Played Games" and Gamercard lists

Getting rid of the demos is finally happening.

I think it would be nice to simply have a clean-up feature. Kind of like a Desktop Clean-Up that comes with most versions of Windows that deletes old and un-used icons on your desktop for you. Just have it so it deletes and games with 0 gamerscore whenever you tell it to and be done with it. Or at least the option to delete each game as long as it has 0 gamerscore.

God I hope it includes retail games with 0 or arcade games that were purchased but still had a 0.

Also, I hope we can sort our games played list that others see, to make it look nicer.

God I wish I didn't get 10 in Bejeweled, 30 in Geometry Wars, etc.

I also just bought a couple games because I had a 0 in them from the trial and can't get 200. :(

I don't think we should be able to take the 0GS games off. It's the XBLA Demos that kill me. I have a friend that is consistently 1000 points ahead off me, but says i suck because i have played 20 or so more games than him so technically I should have more points. This is only because he doesn't play any arcade games, or DL the demos.

Now I'll finally download demos (and erase Yaris forever).

i actually went through and got the 200 in yaris, worst hours of mylife. it would be cool if you could arrange your last 4 achievements youve gotten. the pics that show up on the current game you are playing. also it would be even cooler if you could choose any achievement youve unlocked as your gamer picture. Such as guitar hero 3 completed Through the Fire and Flames on Expert.:)

Getting rid of 0 point retails would be dumb. these are games that you didn't bother to play and get points, but still had the chance. its like betting if you can get achievements easily, and if you lose the bet, you have that 0 on your card and a worse completion percentage. The 0 wouldn't be there if you didn't put it in your console.