Recover GamerTag = Acheivements Carrying Over?

RTyPE9

Here's my scenario...

Since my first 2 consoles crapped out on me prior to the release of Halo 3, I decided to but the Halo 3 Edition console while I sent my 2 dead ones to be repaired. I popped my original harddrive on the Halo console and then just recovered my gamertag on the new one cuz all of my saves were on it....turns out out I'm out of space on that HDD and don't really wanna delete anything. I got bot of my replacement consoles back and just put the original HDD on one of them, recovered the gamertag and now I use that one for all my older games and online play.

I finally put the HDD on the Halo 3 console and can still play with my gamertag and have the gamerscore from the original HDD (the 28,288 on my gamercard). I have since started playing Assassins Creed and Mass Effect on the Halo console and have gotten acheivements for both games.

The question is....WHEN I DECIDE TO PERMANANTLY USE THE HALO 3 CONSOLE AS MY PRIMARY CONSOLE (for any and all new releases i choose to play) AND RECOVER MY GAMERTAG ON IT, WILL THE ACHEIVEMENTS FROM THE GAMES I HAVE PLAYED ON THE HALO CONSOLE TRANSFER OVER?

I don't wanna have to play the games over, even though I may have to....

I know that there is a such option, but I'm not sure what keywords to search for.......

Thanks for the help!

As long as youa re connected to the internet and your achievements are on xbox.com you have the achievements and you cannot lose them. If you are going to play on two different consoles, I suggest investing in a memory unit that you can keep your profile on and just use that to play back and forth so you don't need to recover your account every time. Connect to live before recovering your account! Check xbox.com to make sure that MS recorded your achievements.

I am rereading your post and I think you mean something else, you have not been using your account to play your new games? Is that what you mean?

I've been using my Gamertag on both consoles.

**Console 1:

- has the original HDD on it with all the game saves, DLC, and achievements up to CoD4 (which is the last game played on the unit and HDD)

- is currently connected to Xbox Live

- current gamerscore as shown on gamercard (28288)

**Console 2 (Halo Edition):

- has its own HDD on it.

- account was recovered on it, but was removed because the account was recovered once again on Console 1

- was connected to Xbox live, but not anymore.

- has game saves and achievments of newer games

- gamerscore of 28,7??

***When I make the final recovery on Console 2, will the gamerscore update on Xbox Live? OR will I have to get the achievements again?

Maybe if i buy a memory unit, transfer newer game saves on it, load them up on the old console.....would the acheivements unlocked.

it says that if i copy then and am NOT the owner of the original saves then i can not unlock achievements...so this might work....

You should buy a memory unit, but it won't really matter with your current achievement problem. Your GT with the higher score is no longer valid, Live will not accept it anymore. You should just recover your GT and hope the achievements unlock. Since you have two xboxes, get the MU so that you don't ever have this problem again. Store your profile on the MU.

My younger brother recovered his gamer tag from live afew weeks ago after getting a new xbox 360. He didn't keep his gamer profile on his memory card but did keep all his saved games. When he replayed the games and loaded his saves nothing unlocked, he even redone some achievements to see if the other would unlock but it didn't work.

I borrow this thread when I have a similar question.

Thinking of getting a xbox arcade so I can have HDMI and have that in another room.

Thought I use the HD that I already have on my premium and just change that back and forth when I want to play on the other. Will this give me any problems with anything?

I have moved hard drives around before and I think it is quite a bit of hassle. My 360 is upright in a entertainment system tower type furniture (holds the cable box, dvd player, sound system, etc stacked on top of each other separated by movable shelves) and I can't remove/install the hard drive without taking the 360 out. Personally, I would get a memory unit. I got one so I could go to my friend's house to play and use my account without recovering it. The new MUs are pretty big now too, I ony have the 64MB (I think it is 64MB, the smallest one anyway).