PDA

View Full Version : Official DLC Ratings Thread

Rabid Piranha
11-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Since Harmonix has announced that it will be releasing around 1,000 downloadable songs, I think we should use this thread to rate the downloadable songs to "save" some people from wasting their money or to "burn a hole in their pockets'.

Let people know if the some instruments suck to play on a song or if the whole band experience is fun as well.
The scale to grade on will be a 5 point scale and please grade only if you have downloaded the songs. I'll start us off.

My Downloaded Songs
-------------------------

Metallica Track Pack-----------Rating: 4 Stars
Overall Difficulty: 4 Stars
**this is great for Metallica fans, if you are looking for a challenge, this is definately for you, but if you like to shy away from harder songs, this is not for you**

Fortunate Son---------------Rating: 5 Stars
Overall Difficulty: 3 Stars
**THIS IS A COVER BAND NOT CCR, but none the less the song is done very well and is a blast to play. Must have song in your collection**

My Sharona------------------Rating: 3.5 Stars
Overall Difficulty 3 Stars
**COVER SONG. The cover singer does a decent job. This file is huge(40MB) for one song. It's a pretty fun song, and even though I love the real version, I don't really feel as though I'll be playing it that much**

kyosh1ro
11-28-2007, 11:06 AM
This thread is a great idea and also had a suggestion..it would be nice if the difficulty of the songs was also rated, whether overall or for each individual instrument. Personally I find the easier songs extremely boring and would not download/play them even if I were to like the song, so it would be helpful in helping me determine which DLC to purchase.

Rabid Piranha
11-28-2007, 09:07 PM
yeah good idea. ill edit my post

soccerplaya13cj
11-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Don't have it, but My Sherona is a horrible cover, expecially the beggining. The singer is not as powerful as the real one and the guitar sounds off a lot.

Pewee0000
11-29-2007, 02:28 AM
idk about 1000 songs that seems like a pretty hefty goal and alot of memory space but w/e :eek:

shiningcheese
11-29-2007, 04:52 PM
It looks like I might have to buy the 120gb HD after all. GH and rock band have already put out a plethora of songs. I must agree that the Metallica pack is the best (damn ride the lightning! I forgot about the solo). The other songs are fun (I have all of the songs except My Sharona, simply b/c I don't like the song).

I don't really listen to Queens of the Stone Age but these songs are great to play I would give the pack 4/5 stars. I know that one of the songs has already appeared in GH as with a few other songs that were included with Rock Band. And following the trend of the other songs this song is easier on RB than GH.

"Fortunate Son" was an 'out of left field' song that I wasn't expecting to see as DLC but it really is a great song and the cover band does a very faithful rendition of it as well. I'd give it a 4/5.

The metallica pack would have to be a definite 5/5. It just seems strange that they picked these 3 songs for the pack. Any old school metallica with long hair is a good one, I would figure they would pick more stand outs like "Master of Puppets", "Seek and Destroy", or "For Whom the Bell Tolls".

If you are going to invest on one pack I would say choose The Metallica Pack. If you were to only choose by song, get "..And Justice for All". If you really despise Metallica, then choose "fortunate son". If you are a tight wad or have a really strict/terrible taste in music save your 99 cents.

Rabid Piranha
12-08-2007, 06:32 PM
anyone have a rating for the Black Sabbath song pack?