PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Forums tool

Legendtaker117
11-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey, can you guys implement a favorites forum menu. Like having a button somewhere on the site thats easy to get to, and being able to reach your favorite forums that way. So say you go to the Halo 3 forum a lot. Just select that forum as a favorite forum and you will easily be able to get their quickly by selecting the button and choosing from your favs. I find it rather annoying to have to go through the Retail or Arcade game menus everytime I want to visit one of the forums that I frequently view. Theres just so many games out now, that it has become a pain to navigate through those menus.

An example of this is on Gamefaqs. Thats probably my favorite feature on their, cause I use it so much. I hope you consider this. Thanks.

Zef
12-05-2007, 01:21 PM
You could just remember where it is, the index system here makes it pretty easy to find the forums you frequent and if scrolling down is too much you could always just bookmark the forums. It doesn't take too long to find game forums, so I wouldn't think it would be necessary to put in a favourites system.

Legendtaker117
12-07-2007, 01:27 AM
It may not be neccesary but it would be a very frequently used tool, and Im sure others would be happy to use such a tool. Also my Bookmarks is so cluttered right now, it would be a pain to have to search that to.

Also why do you have to shoot down ideas that can be helpful to members, its like you guys only want to implement the truly neccesary things, when theres other small, but helpful options you can implement that will give the site a better feel(Im not saying it doesnt already have that, but an extra option to make things a little more convinient would hurt, right?). Also Im not saying that this has to be top priority, but it would be nice to see this option in the works sometime in the future.

Ill use an analogy.

Say your in a restaurant, and you order some food. When the foods done you have to get up and get it yourself. While this may not be a big deal, it would make things a little more convienant if a waiter brought it to you. Then you go to the restaurant manager, and tell him it might be more convienatn for customers if you brought them the food to them, and then he says that they got 2 legs, it wont make much of a difference if they walk and get it. While this may be true, it still would make their restaurant a more convienant, and a little bit better place to eat.

What Im trying to say is, that the site is cool. It has a good feel to it, and is a great place to get your xbox info from. But while it may not be much of a difference, I would rather go to gamefaqs, where its more convienant to post on their forums, instead of here, because its quicker. Im sure the forums would get a lot more traffic if we could get to them quicker.

*sigh* Im still not for sure if what Im trying to say is coming out right.

Anyways, while the site may not NEED this feature, it can make a deciding factor on whether or not someone switches to a more acsesible forum.

(yes, I know not every word is spelled right)

KlukKluk Tijgie
12-07-2007, 02:58 PM
You can always subscribe to the forums you want, and then go through User CP :)

Zef
12-07-2007, 03:05 PM
It may not be neccesary but it would be a very frequently used tool, and Im sure others would be happy to use such a tool. Also my Bookmarks is so cluttered right now, it would be a pain to have to search that to.

Also why do you have to shoot down ideas that can be helpful to members, its like you guys only want to implement the truly neccesary things, when theres other small, but helpful options you can implement that will give the site a better feel(Im not saying it doesnt already have that, but an extra option to make things a little more convinient would hurt, right?). Also Im not saying that this has to be top priority, but it would be nice to see this option in the works sometime in the future.

Ill use an analogy.

Say your in a restaurant, and you order some food. When the foods done you have to get up and get it yourself. While this may not be a big deal, it would make things a little more convienant if a waiter brought it to you. Then you go to the restaurant manager, and tell him it might be more convienatn for customers if you brought them the food to them, and then he says that they got 2 legs, it wont make much of a difference if they walk and get it. While this may be true, it still would make their restaurant a more convienant, and a little bit better place to eat.

What Im trying to say is, that the site is cool. It has a good feel to it, and is a great place to get your xbox info from. But while it may not be much of a difference, I would rather go to gamefaqs, where its more convienant to post on their forums, instead of here, because its quicker. Im sure the forums would get a lot more traffic if we could get to them quicker.

*sigh* Im still not for sure if what Im trying to say is coming out right.

Anyways, while the site may not NEED this feature, it can make a deciding factor on whether or not someone switches to a more acsesible forum.

(yes, I know not every word is not spelled right)

Your point is coming across fine, don't worry =P

It is quite obvious that it isn't necessary, but the work that would need to go into it compared to how much effort it would save probably isn't worth it. There are plenty of existing methods to get to threads/forums you use regularly, so if it is more convenient to have a one-click route then you could always use one of those. I'll borrow your analogy =)

Whilst hiring waiters to serve customers would make it better for the customers, the manager would need to put in a lot of effort to hire, train, organise and manage all of the staff. So he would be required to spend effort to change his restaurant when it is already running well.

If your bookmarks are cluttered then you could always make use of a bookmarks toolbar, I do and it works wonders whilst saving a lot of time. Firefox lets you make a bookmark toolbar, but I'm not sure about IE.