PDA

View Full Version : Tiny thing to make things easier. :P

Bullet2theface
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Alright, before I start, This is not such a big deal, just a thought on how to make things easier.
When you load up x360a.org and you are on the homepage and you see the 'Five Latest x360a News Items' and after you click on one of them, lets say....From today, GripShift coming to XBLA! (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news.php?id=458) at the end when it says
'- Discuss this on our forums' I think it should lead to the certain topic containing the game, not just the hompage of the forums. This is just a little thing that could be done to make things more organized. Sorry if I'm not clear enough. :p

Legendtaker117
11-28-2007, 11:58 PM
ya, that would make things a little bit more organized.

Blackjaw x
11-29-2007, 12:03 AM
They do that for the more important things, such as a game's achievements being revealed.
It'd be a lot of work for them to specifically create a thread for each news item; most of them aren't that important and the news article is sufficient.
The idea is that if you care enough about it, you'll search for a topic regarding it or make your own.
Lazy...

Clipse 2
11-29-2007, 04:03 AM
It's not really lazy. News team members have a lot going on and they do their best to find new info for you all. Sometimes they have enough time to post a thread with the corresponding story loaded in it or even find threads made by other members who found out before hand. The last thing the news team is, is lazy. Those are hard working guys and don't get enough credit; I should know. If you come across a story that doesn't have its own thread post it up and they'll link to it normally.

Blackjaw x
11-29-2007, 04:08 AM
It's not really lazy. News team members have a lot going on and they do their best to find new info for you all. Sometimes they have enough time to post a thread with the corresponding story loaded in it or even find threads made by other members who found out before hand. The last thing the news team is, is lazy. Those are hard working guys and don't get enough credit; I should know. If you come across a story that doesn't have its own thread post it up and they'll link to it normally.

Who said they were lazy?

Clipse 2
11-29-2007, 04:16 AM
Who said they were lazy?
Seemingly all around, you. You didn't specify at least to me.

KingGotenW
11-29-2007, 04:54 AM
yea i get annoyed by getting sent to the forums... i keep clicking discuss on forums, but after 5 minutes of searching for it, i get tired and move on.

p.s. the staff is NOT lazy, i dont know who called them that but they are NOT in any way,shape, or form lazy. If they were lazy this site wouldnt exist...

Fonkey Monkey
11-29-2007, 04:58 AM
yea that would be cool, because i wanted to discuss how badass it will be when the new nba ballers comes out

Bullet2theface
11-29-2007, 03:33 PM
where in this whole topic did I say anybody was lazy? The people who run this site are no where near lazy, in fact, I think they put a lot of time and hard work into it. I'm just saying it would be a nice thing to do, again this is NOT a big deal, just a thought...That's why we have the Feedback thread. :D

Zef
11-29-2007, 05:07 PM
The problem with linking to the forums is that things can go horribly wrong, which is why there have been so many reports of dodgy achievement guide links etc.

If you want to read up on a news story or post your comments then just have a quick search for the relevant thread. If you are desperate to comment on something then pump those crazy legs and find the thread yourself =P

Minty
11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
We are working on something that will resolve the problem, don't worry ;)

pongsifu
11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Also with the the new games on the homepage you have to click "view achievement list" and then click forums from their because if you click "discuss this on the forums" it takes you to the homepage.

KingGotenW
11-29-2007, 10:13 PM
sorry i saw lazy and staff. and i guess someone before me made the acusation, and i was too careless to see in full detail. also i didnt say you called them lazy. i was just stating they werent lazy.

back on topic... i do think this is a good idea. and i think they will add it eventually

p.s. wheres my defend the staff award?

Bullet2theface
11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
We are working on something that will resolve the problem, don't worry ;)
Alright, thanks for taking the time to see it. :p

Blackjaw x
11-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Seemingly all around, you. You didn't specify at least to me.

If you had read anything other than the last word in my post, you would have known that I was saying the complete opposite, and that Bullet2TheFace was lazy.

KingGotenW
11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
If you had read anything other than the last word in my post, you would have known that I was saying the complete opposite, and that Bullet2TheFace was lazy.

sorry most people (sometime including myself) have short intention spans which causes them to read only the last post. That is one of mankind's greatest flaws...laziness

Bullet2theface
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM
How am I lazy? I'm just saying that it would make things more organized.