what to do

Cyrex

alright while this is for a friend of mine who is just having a bad day.

His dog had a shitting fest all over his 360 and this is no lie, the stuff managed to get into the intake valve's, so we had not finished cleaning it up when i left but what does anyone recommend he does because we are guessing that it is done for with shit all over the inside of the xbox

is it took late to take the casing off and cleaning it? because really that sounds like the best bet.

and once thats done bitch slap your friend for being a dumbass, tell him to elevate his 360's location just a tad.

o this is the worst part, it was on a coffee table and the dog was in her crate about 10 feet away, she was having some issue's. Im am just wondering what he should do because he really doesn't have the money to go buy another one so the question is does he clean it up and get the red lights and then go and get a new one or will they just fix it and then send him the same console

ya and he was pissed, spent his whole summer saving up for it

Wrap it in some towels, cover the vents, do it in a ventilated area (for obvious reasons) and turn that xbox on, let it overheat till you get the 3 red lights, then call MS support, bam new 360.

Not quite a "new" 360.

90% of the time, M$ sends us back a Refurbished console. If you're lucky, you'll receive a new console. But it's hard to tell whether it's new or refurb. any ways.

Like I said before, I've NEVER seen or heard of anyone receiving back their exact, original consoles. I've went through 2 consoles myself and I can tell you that I've received a different console twice.

Not quite a "new" 360.

90% of the time, M$ sends us back a Refurbished console. If you're lucky, you'll receive a new console. But it's hard to tell whether it's new or refurb. any ways.

Like I said before, I've NEVER seen or heard of anyone receiving back their exact, original consoles. I've went through 2 consoles myself and I can tell you that I've received a different console twice.

The last time i sent mine in i recieved the EXACT same box back, same serial number, manufacture date etc. I also got a sheet of paper telling me they had replaced the DVD drive and the Mother board ;).

Anyway back on topic, i would say wait till to poo has hardened then scrape it out. Is it actually inside the console?

Ok normally when a story involves a friend it's actually the person writing/telling the story!

So all I'd say is was a dog actually involved or did you shit on your friends box or vice versa?

:)

no fugitive i did not shit on my friends xbox :uzi:, He is not a member of this site and does not plan to be so i posted this up to see what he should do when he eventually gets it cleaned off

man that would suck so much, if i had a dog and it did that i would throw it through the window. i like blackvistas idea of towels and 3 rings. but maybe if you told your story to microsoft they would send you a new one because of the laugh factor. i hope it works out for you.

Wow. This story reminds me of a time back when I worked for EB Games (many years ago, they had a very lax replacement agreement for systems). A woman brought in a N64 that her cat puked in. No joke. I carefully tossed it in to a bag, gave her a new one and let the manager have the fun of packaging it up and sending it off.

It sounds like people are all in agreement of trying to overheat the system and hope for the RRoD. It honestly sounds like your friends best bet. Good luck and keep us posted.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, I'm sorry but that's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. I mean, we raise puppies here and I've seen them fling mud after being outside but... HAHAHA!

The only thing he can do is clean it. I doubt MS will honer the warranty when they realize it's full of shit. lol

So, take it apart and clean it out as best you/he can. If it doesn't work, you're basically screwed. You could try to red ring it like some others have stated but Microsoft might just send it back with a paper that simply reads: "BUUUULLSHIT!"

no from my point of view it may have been the funniest thing in my life, i mean this dog was Spewing shit all over the place it was like a damn fountain, but he is one of my really good friends. I think that his parents may get him a new one for christmas, but it really wasn't his day

-- Bad time at tennis practice

-- 360 full of shit

-- and then 5 minutes later when he went upstairs slips on new dog pee and gets a concussion, gets to his computer and find out that his MAC has gotten a virus and has crashed (ya the MAC)

that would be my worst day ever