Jeff Gerstmann fired from Gamespot, allegedly for K&L review

Rand al Thor 19

From Penny Arcade:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20071129.jpg

Here's Kotoku talking about it: http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/gamespot-editor-fired-over-kane--lynch-review-328244.php

Here's some more: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50134

This is so fucking wrong!!! Firing a reviewer over a review because of publisher pressure is fucking ridiculous. Fuck Gamespot and Fuck CNet

what have the other scores been like

are people actually playing this game

it just look like the getaway to me

but i heard the multiplayer was good

ooo jus read an article that edios where going to stop there advertising on the site with like the banners and the background

uhm, 6 is pretty much what the game deserved.

oh well... good luck to him..

Edit: The game falls short but it could be forgiven for its flaws if it wasn't for the fact that it is surrounded by premium grade titles.

The game play is average, the story is meh...

The multiplayer is a cool concept but personally, I didnt like the gameplay so that doesnt make the game much fun for me.

The only positive for the game are the characters, they are pretty cool.

Granted, I havent given the game much of a chance but thats my opinion and a 6 seems fair, maybe 6.5.

what have the other scores been like

are people actually playing this game

it just look like the getaway to me

but i heard the multiplayer was good

Most scores i've read have been 8ish/10

It's not the greatest game graphically but it's still great, not quite like the getaway.

Multiplayer is awesome! Nothing else i can say but awesome!

This just enforces the fact the review scores are getting increasingly more ridiculous. If someone loses their job because they were doing their job honestly then why should anyone trust the scores that don't flatter every game?

If the publishers didn't want to get crappy reviews they should have pressured the developers to do a better job in the first place.

Wow! Shocking news. I'll say this, gamespot's reviews haven't held to much water with me for some time now. But now I just don't trust them at all, reviews or otherwise.

What does this say about review scores now when someone can be fired due to pressure from the publisher as an advertiser about said persons review of that publishers game??? That basically says,"Hey, come advertise your game on our site, and you can buy yourself a favorable review". I mean, do reviewers have to be afraid to write a truthful review now for fear of losing there job?

This is all just evidence of the shady happenings that go on when it comes to review scores.

And amen to what Zef said! The guy loses his job for being honest?! I mean hey, the game just isn't that good, and he said so. So he get's fired. If Eidos didn't want crappy review scores, they shouldn't have allowed lo to kick out a Crappy game! I expect Eidos will lose alot of peoples respect after this.

For shame gamespot, for shame c-net, for shame eidos.

Gamespot has some of the worst reviewers ever. So I'd rather hear the whole company went out of business than fire the guy that gave Twilight Princess like a 8.8 but probably gave Grand Theft Rehash 3 a 10.

There's no such thing as unbiased review when it comes to gaming Magazines/sites.

I mean look at the ratings all the Final Fantasys get. FFX did not deserve a 8-10 in the least bit. It's just who has money for the reviewer.

This is pretty sad and the game gotten bad scores in general so why fire the guy? He was just doing his job and expressing his opinion on a game that isn't all that great to begin with and was over hyped to begin with.

These reviews are all bullshit though, it's all about money. I wouldn't be surprised some of these companies pay them extra loot to just give good reviews for their games.