PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Mission Rabaul Raid!

iBanana
12-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Well Im thinking of renting Blazing Angels again but Im afraid I wont get past this level. Those bomber squads were so slow and so hard to defend! And those crazy japs kept sending 5 fighters a minute or like that! ARRGHH its soo hard! Any tips? And no cheats.

Bio-Strike
12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
This mission is the only reason I left this unplayed, it in its case, on the floor, under the table for 3 1/2 days. What you should do is always, and I mean ALWAYS, keep your team in attack. Only concentrate on the base and make sure to take out the AA Guns (Or any other ground units that fire guns) and planes before they make into the air. Your rockets are your best friends. Once they've bombed the base take out the remaining planes and your good. After they've gotten away you have to take out 11 or 12 boats and then you have to move onto another part where you have to take out more boats and a lot of added ground units and some planes. If you want Ace it you'll have to move fast. I advise you use the cheats. Or atleast the invincibility. If you don't the Japanese will make you their ass slave. :)

If that doesn't help, this might (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3939)

Painkiller4500
06-30-2008, 12:41 AM
yeah after about an hour and a half of just trying to beat it once, i was pleastly suprised to find i got the medal for the mission afterwords. i dont know how, i dont know why, but i am pretty happy that i never have to play this retarded mission again and im that much closer to finishing this really bad game

b1indedbyfear
07-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I didnt mind this level because I got lots of kills, but it did take me a couple tries to get ace. I liked it better than the desert recon and the top secret level where you fly through the little ice walls

SeaCat
07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm currently stuck on this mission as well. I've tried it over and over having only gotten the bombers past the airport once, but I didn't have enough ship kills for the ace. I wish I could see the kills I had before each checkpoint...

SeaCat
07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Ok, now I'm stuck. I'm able to get past the airport, I got my number of kills for everything, but I was like 8 minutes over the Ace time so I didn't get the Ace rating.

Question is, how do I keep my wingman on aggressive and get the 25 necessary plane kills? When I keep them aggressive the whole time, they shoot down all the planes and I can't get my kill number. If I back them off, then I'm unable to complete the mission in a timely enough fashion to get the Ace rating.

Thoughts? (this mission blows by the way)

General Rebel
08-25-2008, 03:54 PM
I agree, I got the mission down, I can beat it (after severl tries) no problem.
But I can't get ACE, don't know what to do...I've kept in attack, I've backed off the attack & killed them all myself, but the time factor sucks.

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
11-05-2008, 10:57 PM
this mission blows and i cannot get past it
i have tried it like 10 times and cant even get the planes past it once.. this game blows and has way too many retarded ass achievements

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
11-06-2008, 12:01 AM
ok i just finnished this mission and didnt even get elite... this is going to take so long to get ace for i am not looking foreward so i am going to wait and finnish it later

chrisk62
03-03-2011, 08:43 AM
I have been flying through this game quite easily until this level. Would say ive had about 45-50 attempts at this damn stupid mission and i can't even get past the first part of destroying the airport. I NEVER use cheats but got so pissed off that i resorted to actualy using the 'god mode' & 'increased damage mode' and i still can't fracking do the thing as my bombers get destroyed before i can take all the targets out, i can forget about trying to get the Ace award. i will just be damn happy just to complete the mission with a 1 star award.

chrisk62
03-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I DID IT after what must have been 100 attempts, i went on to complete the campaign section pretty easily after that. :woop:

speedysamt3r
03-07-2011, 09:51 PM
wow least im not the only one tried this 200 tyms deleted the game twice when you could delete achievement lists from your console and still havent got passed the airport part of this mission and its just been gathering dust while i play my new kinect games :S havent even got 1 achievement on this yet :S

I Gil Galad I
05-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I found this site really helpful!

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=429798

Lots of good tips, especially the first part which is crucial.

Gizmo2k
07-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Fuck me this mission's a fucking dick.

CODMW2DUDE
07-05-2012, 01:35 AM
I think it can be agreed this games is a bitch and perticulary this mission, i still havent beat it but i am going to keep on trying to. I wasnt using cheats but i think i will now.

CODMW2DUDE
07-05-2012, 03:49 PM
All u have to do is take on the fighters first on all three parts of hte mission then the ground targets.