PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it ?

VI JimJam
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
I must say I'm a big RPG fan anyway but is this game worth it ? I can get it for like 17 (approx $35)

IS it worth it and would you buy it if it were you?

Bulletman
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah I think 17 quid is worthwhile. If youve played Eternal Sonata or Blue Dragon though this will seem quite basic in comparison but If you like RPGs buy it.

Wallace Suka
12-03-2007, 04:34 AM
The game is not worth that much. I played it and beaten the game. All I have to say is after you talk to everyone back in town after you beaten the final boss, leave for an hour. Trust me, you do not want to see the final ending scenes.

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
12-03-2007, 10:14 AM
yea i borrowed it from my friend ..... and like you stated ....... i am also a huge rpg fan ....... so i had to go buy it for myself

Zef
12-03-2007, 05:56 PM
As the squillion other threads have said, it depends on what you like. The game is good as a story, but whether you enjoy the actual gameplay depends on how long your attention span is. Battles can get drawn out for a while even with the most Wreckonly of tactics, so if you get bored easily then you might want something else.

If you only want achievements then this is, unlike other RPGs, only requires you to beat the game. Finish the story and remember to do one thing and you will get the full 1000 quite easily.

Online isn't so fantastic unless you like a certain Sith lord whooping you constantly, so only get this is you are prepared for a few hours of single player.

Sraew
12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
I havn't completed the game, but I have to say its *not bad* but as most JRPg's are, its linear, battle intensive and quite good looking. The story is pretty coherent, but for me, there is something that doesn't click, but its definatly worth 17 quid.

playmaker2197
12-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Nope, the question is answered easy as that. Rent, gamefly, borrow. But dont purchase. I enjoy RPG's and I found myself bored. The story line doeesnt draw you in like an RPG should.

Deyankees1
12-07-2007, 02:24 AM
yea he's right I got rather bored quickly and never finished it, rent dont buy.

Slarak
12-10-2007, 06:02 AM
I rented this one a while back and put a good 40+ hours into it. Did all of the side missions and extra dungeon. Its about $15 now so its worth a buy but not at close to $35. You'll beat this one and probably never come back to it. Don't get me wrong though I enjoyed the hell out of it, but if your looking for an RPG that you will get your moneys worth I would go for Blue Dragon.

Also as for the online portion of the game you won't find anyone on there.

Mrs Cliffton
12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
so then since its like 15$ i should just buy it right?
(it costs 10 to rent down here :()

or should i just save and get eternal sonata, i keep hearing its alot better

Sraew
12-15-2007, 10:40 PM
I've just bought Eternal Sonata and I can safly say its 10x better than Enchanted Arms. but if you wanna pick up EA as well, its cheap aswell, I mean I got Eternal Sonata from Amazon for 20, so the two games qould cost like 35, less than a single new purchase, so its worth picking them both up.

But on the flip side, if you can only afford one, Eternal Sonata is the way to go for sure.

Slarak
12-16-2007, 06:25 AM
I've just bought Eternal Sonata and I can safly say its 10x better than Enchanted Arms. but if you wanna pick up EA as well, its cheap aswell, I mean I got Eternal Sonata from Amazon for 20, so the two games qould cost like 35, less than a single new purchase, so its worth picking them both up.

But on the flip side, if you can only afford one, Eternal Sonata is the way to go for sure.

See for some reason I hated Eternal Sonata, but loved Enchanted arms. ES just seemed so repetative. The only other RPG I've enjoyed and am still enjoying is Blue Dragon. I would say rent ES first.

Mrs Cliffton
12-28-2007, 10:20 PM
i was seriously considering buying it and i then i rented it, its kind of a hard game to predict so i would say rent or borrow, and if you dont finish it or just like it that much then buy it. personally im glad i rented it becuase i now know i def dont want this in my catalogue

Rink Rat 55
12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Rent the game don't buy. It seems to be too repetitive and long, drawn out for it's own good. However, as a RPG fan I have so far enjoyed the story and am looking forward to the ending.

DrizztDourden43
01-31-2008, 12:48 AM
NO! don't even bother renting it, it is THE worst game that has come out for 360 so far. I took it back after like an hour of playing it and demanded that they let me get a different game free.

Crimson Drifter
02-12-2008, 04:49 AM
It's an average RPG, nothing to spectacular, but I had a lot of fun with it, mostly due to the humor mixed in with the characters. It got boring at times, but I was satisfied enough.

I enjoyed it more than PSU though.

and you can get it cheap now, I got mine from a mom and pop video game place for $25.

and achievement wise just beat the whole game, can't get any simpler than that:woop:

kovenant
04-26-2008, 11:18 PM
well i bought it so i guess id have to say yes... but after playing it... it tends to get realy realy boring about half way through. i still havnt finished it. not because its hard... but because i just dont care anymore.

http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/reject444.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/reject444)

em0rox
05-10-2008, 03:19 AM
I usually like rpgs a lot but didn't really care for this one, only got 3 achievements in it. It's mostly because of how 100% completely easy it is, all you really have to do in order to beat the game is walk around a lot and have auto battles, there is no challenge at all.

For someone who is desperate in need of a cheap, run of the mill, easy 1000 rpg for 360, I'd suggest this game to them. Otherwise I'd suggest to avoid it unless it's free.

DeltaZ360
06-24-2008, 11:53 PM
I like RPGs, especially the FF series, but I'd still only rent this one. It seems to short to buy.

Method
07-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I just got finished with this game and I personally liked it more than some other well liked games like Blue Dragon. I guess the best advice is to rent it (I did) because there's very little replay value and half the game is a tutorial on how to push the "A" button.

dakisbac
08-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Would I buy it?

I did

o0 TommyGuns 0o
09-30-2008, 03:56 AM
u can get this game pretty cheap now so i would definately recommend this game

d.palapuz
11-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I must say I'm a big RPG fan anyway but is this game worth it ? I can get it for like 17 (approx $35)

IS it worth it and would you buy it if it were you?

Definitely worth it!!!
If you're an RPG fan you are going to love this one!
I can say that this one is the best RPG game i've ever played!
the game wasn't mine, a friend loaned it to me a year ago and finished it..
i actually tried it twice coz i got it wrong playing the story so i started a new one but it wasnt that hard..
getting Omega in my party was the greatest part of this game!
If I could buy it again, I would, just to play it over and over..

drakehellsing
01-02-2009, 10:30 AM
It's not a bad game I rekon, rent it first at least, to see what it's like, much like live arcade games, try the trial before anything else really.

I for one, think that it's not too bad at all.

MissKittyKat21
04-29-2009, 05:53 AM
I got mine for less than that, but I also don't know what the average prices are where you live. If most games are about that much then yes I would get it. It is actually a bit longer of a game then the 20-25 hours that is said in the guide roadmap if you actually do the side quests and actually try to get 100% on everything. the game has some twists to it that make the storyline different from other rpgs. i would say it is a must have for RPG fans.