guitar, expert, Green Grass and High Tides song wow

KiLL CraZy

ok, wow, this song is pissing me off, im not a pro at expert but i can get by it, I beat all the songs, and this one song, Green Grass and High Tides, its the last one, i can get through more then half, but when it gets to the last solo part, i thing solo h 2 or something like that the notes become yellow, red, green, yellow, red green, for like a min straight and it freaking kills me. the hammer ons in this game are also weird compared to gh3 which i can't seem to perfect in rock band.

Now I was finally able to pass that part once using overdrive and then almost finish the song but then those damn notes came back being the fast orange, blue, yellow, orange blue yellow for another min... and I had no more overdrive.

this song is pissing me off lol

does anyone have any tips on how to master those 2 sections?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first fast part (YRGRYRG), hit only the YRG notes. If your fingers are fast enough, attempt to hit the overdrive phrase on that section.

There's a second fast part (BYRYBYR), which can be passed w/ a little overdrive usage if you must, but use the same tip as above.

The final part of the solo (OBYOBY) I would recommend hitting every other phrase or hitting every two phrases. If you have trouble obtaining about 4 of the overdrive phrases that are from the 2nd section to this section, I can't help you on that except that you should concentrate on obtaining the overdrive, even if it means missing notes.

this song sucks balls because it's super easy and then they just kick you in the ass at the end(not to mention it's like a 10 minute song). I read this somewhere and did it and it helps, although not TOO much but does help but go to practice mode and practice 2i. Get to where you can nail that part pretty good and that way you don't have to waste your overdrive on it or the BYR part. Pretty much it's just hoarding the overdrive till the last possible minute

i8n rockband the hammer ons were made to be harder to play because if you use the rockbasnd guitar you can just use the solo buttons which makes it easier than GH2 or GH3 but if you use the GH3 guitar the hammerons are wierd because in a basic 3 note hammer on the first 2 notes are a hammeron and the last note must be strummed this happens in alot of songs in RB

Dude,the guitar is easier because its made by Harmonix,not Activision.Activision lives to make things difficult.I should know...I've played all the THPS games except for Proving Ground.Everything just gets increasingly harder.

And whoop-de-doo for the drums...I'm a guitar fan(sorry,I havn't played this yet,waiting for christmas)

This is going to be the end of me.

Great song, hands down. Just... too much on Expert.

By the end of the godforsaken solo, I just don't have it in me to get all those pull-offs and hammer-ons, and I've failed this song nearly 10 times. That's insane, considering how ridiculously long this song is. I won't ever beat this one I think, it's much harder than anything on Guitar Hero possibly other than Jordan and TTFAF... I just can't beat it. It's incredibly easy but for the last minute, then I just can't bring myself to do it.

The hammerons are not necessarily made harder, they were created equal to GH2's system, considering it is the same system except points are worth 25 instead of 50.

But at the end of the solo, just move your three fingers down so you use your index, mid, and ring finger. Also, just try to hit a few of the sequences and try to strum only at the orange notes.

I finally beat this song a few hours ago and really all I did was move my 3 fingers(index, mid, and ring) like crazy as well as trying to strum the green and the yellow notes. I have no idea how many times I tried it but I somehow survived it this time :)

sorry guys i dont see whats so hard in this song. i fivestared it on my first try. the solo is not that hard. mabe its because i practiced freebird like a bitch on expert. i got 276,000. can someone xplain the solo buttons i dont understand them what is the differance between the old guitar and the solo buttons.

I beat the song first try on expert, but thats because Im sure its due to the fact that I played too much GH3 and the simplified solos in rock band are a breath of fresh air. I absolutely despise the rock band guitar because the buttons stick and the solo buttons are way too close together for my tastes. I just used the GH3 les paul and used three fingers. Thats the way unless u have the patience to f--k with the rock band solo buttons.

i just hate how the whole expert career is so easy (including this song) but they just couldn't resist a song with an 8 minute solo lol. is it just me or are the little rectangles harder to hit and pick out than the standard circles of guitar hero? i feel like im gonna go blind with em but when you play the drums, the rectangles are pure genious...i wish they would have implemented both.

ok im sick of everyone saying how easy this game is, yes i beat it on expert on the first week too. but i truely feel its the equivlient to guitar hero 2. although GH2 probebly took us much longer to beat than rock band, our skill level wasn't as high also. since we're so much better since april, we're able to beat harder songs. AND DAMN AM I GOOD AT THIS GAME.

• 3 weeks later...
For the first fast part (YRGRYRG), hit only the YRG notes. If your fingers are fast enough, attempt to hit the overdrive phrase on that section.

There's a second fast part (BYRYBYR), which can be passed w/ a little overdrive usage if you must, but use the same tip as above.

The final part of the solo (OBYOBY) I would recommend hitting every other phrase or hitting every two phrases. If you have trouble obtaining about 4 of the overdrive phrases that are from the 2nd section to this section, I can't help you on that except that you should concentrate on obtaining the overdrive, even if it means missing notes.

GREAT advice. I failed this song at least 10-15 times before I read this, and passed the first time I tried using this idea. You won't fail either section if you only hit YRG and BYR and then you can save the overdrive for the last part of the solo that goes OBYOBY. Thanks for the advice!