Upgrading to elite

Killen Villian

So long as you recover your gamertag onto the new harddrive or transfer all of your data between the harddrives, no.

You will only lose your gamerscore if you make a new gamertag.

What he said, I upgraded recently and all is well...You just have to transfer your game saves from the old hard drive to your new one through a memory stick.

What I done was transferred all memory from my 20GB HDD to my 120GB HDD via a 64MB memory card. :p

Only had to switch the HDD's about 3 times and I had all the saves and profiles I wanted.

There's only 1 problem I came across though and that was some games didn't like the idea of having their saves transferred, therefore they wouldn't let me switch them over. :(

If you're trading your old 360 in for the Elite though, then do what SkillfulMmd said and request a transfer cable off Microsoft.

Once you've got one of them, just switch everything over from the 20GB HDD to the 120GB HDD and you're sorted. :)

~SS

It's saved in a database with your Gamertag most presumably.

Put it this way, wherever you see your Gamertag, you'll see your Gamerscore. That number shall never dissapear from it's associated Gamertag.

Even if you do change your Gamertag name, but by the method of paying 800MS points, you'll keep your Gamerscore.

It seems to me that people are making it out to be as far from simple as it really is. :p

~SS