PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Games

xfrancox
06-05-2006, 04:32 AM
Ok so I searched for a thread like before posting and couldnt find anything, so if someone has done this I apologize and you can close this.

What are your favorite games of all time? Games that you will always remember as 'experiences' and not just games.

For me it would have to be (in no particular order):

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Resident Evil 4
Shenmue
The Legend of Zelda: almost all of them from SNES to Gamecube
Final Fantasy 7

Honorable Mentions:
Indigo Prophecy
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Halo:CE and 2 - I wouldnt say its the BEST game but damnit I love it. Ive read all three books, I have The Art of Halo, and plan on getting the graphic novel. Nothing will replace the memories of my friends and I having a good old-fashioned LAN party and screaming our lungs out game after game till 4 in the morning.

mrfunky14
06-05-2006, 04:36 AM
in terms of experiences...
(in chronological order)
Wolfenstein 3d
Rollercoaster Tycoon
SSX Tricky
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Halo 2

I was obsessed with all of these games

almost made the list: The Sims, James Bond Night Fire

BucklingLeader
06-05-2006, 04:40 AM
Freedom Fighters
Call of Duty (and United Offensive expansion pack)
Halo (and Halo 2)
Timesplitters 2 (and TS: Future Perfect)
Battlefield 1942 (this is the game that really got me into online gaming)

k_dog
06-05-2006, 05:00 AM
There is a thread like this, it's in the top 5 forum. :)

But oh well.

-Metal Gear Solid (I'll never forget Psycho Matis moving my controller with his mind and having to switch the controller ports to beat him. Along with that, the Colonel tells you to look on the back of the Jewel Case for Meryl's Codec number)
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Probably the most intriguting story in all of Video Games.)
-Super Metroid (Lots of memerable moments, including the Mother Brain being sucked dry by the Metroid that saw you at birth and sacrificed it life to save you.)
-Metroid/NES (The moment that I found out that Samus was a woman and the Mexican at school didn't believe me)
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (By far THE best Link game of all time.
-Final Fantasy VII (The most indepth, complex, and addicting story of all time. Outstanding character setup combined with the best magic system used in a Turn Based RPG quite possebly makes this one the Greatest Video Game of All-Time. Also has the best Villian ever, and he's bas as shit.)
-Final Fantasy X (This game's ending made more grown men cry than when they shot "Old Yeller." Best ending EVER)
-Castlevainia: Symphony of the Night (Alucard is the most Harcore, badass Belmont, Period.)
-Gran Turismo 2 (Just ask yourself how long you actually played this game.)
-Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (By far the most time I've ever spent playing a video game aside from Halo 2. Building houses out of pillows and filling the house with green candles never got old. And as long as the Mudcrab was buying my junk, I kept stealing it.)
-Landstalker/Genesis (If you havent played it, get it. It's the Prologue to Alundra and is probably the best RPG of it's time aside from Earthbound)
-Shadowgate- (OMFG this game has pissed me off beyond all reason but it is SO good. I have it on my cell phone, it's that damn good.)
-Quake III: Arena (The best frag fest I've ever had on the PC)
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 ( I CHALLENGE you to try and find a beter 2D fighter)
-Goldeneye 007 (Probably the tunring point for Console FPS. And damn is James Bond the shit.)
-Halo: Combat Evolved (Do you HONESTLY believe that the XBox would have been a success without it?)

Sarge McLarge
06-05-2006, 05:01 AM
These are the ones off the top of my head...

Early FPS (Heretic, Doom, Wolfenstein, etc)
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Excitebike
Almost all the Zelda games
Chrono Trigger
Xeno Gears

-Metroid/NES (The moment that I found out that Samus was a woman and the Mexican at school didn't believe me)
-Castlevainia: Symphony of the Night (Alucard is the most Harcore, badass Belmont, Period.)
-Gran Turismo 2 (Just ask yourself how long you actually played this game.)
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 ( I CHALLENGE you to try and find a beter 2D fighter)
-Goldeneye 007 (Probably the tunring point for Console FPS. And damn is James Bond the shit.)

For some reason I still remember the cheat code Justin Bailey for metroid, but good call on these titles I spent way to much time on all of them.

xfrancox
06-05-2006, 05:09 AM
There is a thread like this, it's in the top 5 forum. :)

But oh well.

-Metal Gear Solid (I'll never forget Psycho Matis moving my controller with his mind and having to switch the controller ports to beat him. Along with that, the Colonel tells you to look on the back of the Jewel Case for Meryl's Codec number)
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Probably the most intriguting story in all of Video Games.)
-Final Fantasy X (This game's ending made more grown men cry than when they shot "Old Yeller." Best ending EVER)

DAMNIT! I didnt think to look there, I just searched this section. Sorry mang. Did you not like Snake Eater? I played all the way through FFX and had racked up A LOT of hours. I saved at the Sin fight where you fight either side of his body. Well, my cousin managed to damage my memory card causing everything to be erased. I never got to see how it ended, Im sad. And I totally forgot Goldeneye. I played it recently and I suck balls, but back in the day I was obsessed.

Chrono Trigger is amazing as well, but I never finished it.

thieflordgamer
06-05-2006, 05:55 AM
I basically just included all games that changed the way I play games, or games that were just damn good.

-resident evil 4 (great story, great cutscenes, great gameplay, great visuals, easily in my top 3 games of all time)
-legend of zelda series (especially ocarina of time, introduced 3d zelda, probably my favorite game of all time, beat it about 10 times)
-galaga (great replay value, original version is the best)
-banjo-kazooie and banjo-tooie (b-k was the first game I ever played, great memories of playin this with my dad when I got my n64 at 3)
-resident evil (this was the first game that actually scared ppl, no1 would ever think that a game could scare them until this, and the corny cutscenes are just handsdown hilarious they’re so bad)
-guitar hero
-ddr series
-donkey konga series
-any ds game which changes the way you play games: mario kart ds, metroid prime hunters, trauma center: under the knife, warioware: touched, resident evil: deadly silence, phoenix wright: ace attorney, trace memory, brain age, and so many more
-kingdom hearts/kingdom hearts 2 (love the storyline in these games, it’s farfetched and crazy, yet it makes sense somehow)
-luigi’s mansion (I chose this purely because it was the first game I played on a current gen console, it’s a great game overall also)
-super smash bros. series (rated best party game of all time on filter, this is probably within my top 3 most played games of all time)
-metal gear solid 3: snake eater

well, it was hard sorting out the classics and legends from the greats but I did it. you are probably gaping at some games not on my list, but that is because I don’t have that much money as a kid, and my family doesn’t really have money to waste. so ive missed out on a lot of greats. this also means that my standards are lower for other games. and if wii was out, red steel and warioware: smooth moves would have easily made the list, among others.

snafegeeza
06-05-2006, 09:04 AM
My list in no particular order:

1. Gran Turismo 2/3 - Hours and hours lost.
2. Golden Eye 007 - Amazing 4 player split screen with friends. (proximity mines- odd job was banned)
3. Resident Evil 4 - Damn good game
4. Sonic the hedgehog 1 and 2
5. Alex the kid - (built into master system) - awsome.
6. Diddy Kong racing - more hours and hours lost.
7. Zelda (orcarina of time) - superb game
8. Doom - My first real FPS
9. Super Mario bro's - was all down hill for mario after this classic
10. Perfect Dark (not the new one) origional was ace.

Oblivion and COD2 are also worth a mention as they are both land mark titles for me.

Bugalugs213
06-11-2006, 02:53 AM
Just going on 360 in order my top three are Perfect dark, Project gotham3 then Oblivion.

DaveWilma07
06-11-2006, 10:23 AM
1. Command & Conquer - PC
2. System Shock 2 - PC
3. Duke Nukem 3D - PC (endless hours!) :uzi:

Bring on C&C 3 Tiberium Wars!

Maka
06-11-2006, 02:05 PM
No Particular order:
Gran Turismo 3 & 4
Halo 2
DOOM
Duke Nukem
NFL 2K1

Sarge McLarge
06-11-2006, 06:14 PM
3. Duke Nukem 3D - PC (endless hours!) :uzi:

I loved the fact that the game came with the source code and a level editor and encouraged modding. I spent a good amount of time creating crazy multiplayer modes and maps to play, still have some of the good ones on 3.5" somewhere.

Zee
06-11-2006, 06:24 PM
No order.
Half life 1 - PC/ps2 (yes 2 is good just not as good as 1)
CSS - PC
PSO - for dc/xbox/gc/pc
Time splitters 1/2 - FP was good just not as good as 1 and 2 - 1-ps2 2-ps2gc/xbox
mario brother's all stars - had 7 mario games in one snes chip
MGS1- ps1/pc
winback1- n64/ps2
BIA 1/2 - xbox/ps2/PC
monkey island 1/2 - DOS - Great games.
THUG - best tony hawk -ps2/xbox/gc/pc
Advanced wars 1-3 - great games - 1-2 gba 3- ds
OPX- xbox live arcade
goldeneye - N64
metriod
zelda

ReNo56
06-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Well where to start, i'm gunna have to go back all the way to Atari, and say Ghostbusters, it was a piss off but damn i loved it, then Nintendo the always classic Mario 3, i liked that game cause it was the only game i could ever talk my girlfriend into playin, still to this day its basicaly the only game she will play! Starcraft, All the resident evil's, Marvel Nemisis, Vice City, the radio segments were awesome....i could go on and on....WHEN ARE THEY GUNNA MAKE ANOTHER GHOSTBUSTER GAME?????????