Problems After December Dashboard Update? (was: Please help)

seriosblack

Ok is the update today?

Basically I put in a game for the first time and it asked me to sign in then update after that my xbox has gone all funny.

When I click connect to live the xbox live page and the games page just constantly loads and then i click sign out then it keeps me signed in and not online and its fine.

Ive noticed my arcade games has moved somewhere else so is all this to do with the update what everyones having now? (hope so!)

NOOO! I just got the red rings when I got the update. I turned it on, everything was fine then BOOM right after the update downloaded I got the rings. I tried turning it on about 4 times after that. Should I wait a few minutes?

I HATE MICROSOFT IF THE RINGS DON'T GO AWAY!

Is your xbox old?

NOOO! I just got the red rings when I got the update. I turned it on, everything was fine then BOOM right after the update downloaded I got the rings. I tried turning it on about 4 times after that. Should I wait a few minutes?

I HATE MICROSOFT IF THE RINGS DON'T GO AWAY!

That sucks ass dude, and you're in GSL too...:(

Id let it rest, it might be over heating id take all the wires away and put it into a cool dark place.

I dont like the update but its come in usefull my hubbies cousin is on 20,000 achievements and think hes the best since slice bread he was bragging how everyone on his friends list has low scores like me, just checked his friends list and there we go 40,000 achievs for the 1st person on his list. hmmmm

Everything is loading SUPER SLOW. WHY?!?!?!?

And I went to play Hexic HD and it told me that I needed an update, but then told me that I couldn't connect to get the update...so that sucks.

Yeah why is everything so slow!!??? I hope its just a problem for today and will be fixed tomorrow.

The towel trick is only temporary. It doesnt fix the xbox for good.

I think this is just the xbox servers acting VERY slowly. If you check your other tabs (Media, Settings) it seems to work fine. Also, when you turn off your console, it fades, which is a sign that the update has been correctly installed.

I'm having a problem w/ my desktop gamercard loading anyway, so it's probably an error for some.

worst update ever. my friends got spammed cuz of it

lol. my dad knows more about computers than i do, so i told him. he said it is most likely caused by the overloading of the servers from everyone downloading the update. so it should get better over the next few days. its still better than the last fall update, which left my xbox worthless for 3 days. in my opinion its a pretty good update. i like a lot of the new features they added.