PDA

View Full Version : Penalty Shot FAQ

Sarge McLarge
06-06-2006, 05:19 AM
After seeing how many threads there are about penalty shots I decided to compile all the information I could find on the subject and make a FAQ of sorts for future gamers looking for information regarding this achievement. If anyone has anything they think would be useful please let me know and I will edit it in. Hope this helps out and doesn't make people mad because there is yet another pointless penalty shot thread.

================================================== =======

(Q)Can you switch sides during a match and still get the achievement?
(A)No, this will automatically forfeit your chance for recieving the achievment (and any achievement).

(Q)What will get me a penalty shot?
(A)You have to be on a breakaway and the opposing player takes a penalty on you (i.e. hooked,tripped or slashed). (styze, criminal act)

(Q)Do "Shootouts" get the achievement?
(A)Shootouts don't work for the achievement. (Agamenon Busmalis)

(Q) What is a good method for getting a penalty shot?
(A) In the game options, set the skill level to All-Star. Next, raise all the penaltys all the way so just a tap will put you in the box, or set up a penalty shot. Have the team with the puck just sit at the opposite end of the rink from the goal. Have the person on defense bring his guys down towards the puck (but not touch the guy with the puck)... as the defender starts bringing his players down, have the guy with the puck start to skate towards his goal. The idea here is to have ALL of the defenders behind the guy with the puck heading towards the goal alittle after you reach the red line. Make sure you get all you defenders behind him, have the guy with the puck slow up but still head towards the goal. With one defender behind him using turb to catch him, push the left analog stick any direction to lay a penalty hit on the shooter just as he shoots the puck. The tuffest part is getting alll the defenders behind the puck. Once you get the penalty shot, obviously just have your friend take control of the goalie and make sure it goes in! (bobHALO)

Alternate Method
i tried this achievment for about an hour and a half with no success. I would get slashing every time but no penalty. Finally I turned the penalty sliders all the way DOWN, but the penalty shot slider all the way UP. I got it in about 10 minutes (xx GLADIAT0R xx)

(Q)I can get a penalty shot but I am having trouble making the goal, any tips?

(A)Once you get the penatly shot, click on P2's right thumb stick and hold the left thumbstick to the right/left. While controlling P2's goalie, skate up towards the goal and take the close shot to the oppisite direction of the goalie. (FourTwentyThree)

I would recommend practicing the shootout mode if you aren't good, so if you finally get the penalty shot called you don't waste 3+ hours by not scoring. (Agamenon Busmalis)

Matt_UK
07-13-2006, 10:58 PM
can this achievement be unlocked online in a game?

AJJets107
07-23-2006, 05:37 PM
No, it can't be unlocked in online.

Maka
07-29-2006, 02:49 AM
The weird thing, is that I did it with my friend and he completely skated out of the net with the goalie leaving the WHOLE net open.... He just pressed every button on the controller with a direction....

TheBatfink
07-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Right, so I can get someone to foul me, we then have a face off in one of the corners near the oppositions goal. It says something about maybe "delayed penalty" or something, and a 2 minute timer counts down.. Penalty kill or something?!

Whats that? Trouble is I know nothing about ice hockey, nor its rules, so I'm not sure exactly what this all means?? Is that even a penalty?

inmuse
08-01-2006, 11:57 AM
I think we need a VAG for doing the penalty shot by ourselves

lckynuts
04-11-2007, 04:33 AM
This has got 2 b the gayest achievement 2 get. I got the 1st 4 in like 5 min. Then itried 4 2 hours trying 2 get this achievement n couldn't get it 2 give me a penalty shot.

SteelerXBox360
04-11-2007, 12:48 PM
This has got 2 b the gayest achievement 2 get. I got the 1st 4 in like 5 min. Then itried 4 2 hours trying 2 get this achievement n couldn't get it 2 give me a penalty shot.

Yes, this ach sucks big time and I am sick of it! I might just give up as I am waisting my time trying to finish this game where I could be getting other achs and playing better games...I win every single faceoff and get a breakaway 99% of the time and still no penalty other than roughing is called on them. I have tried the sliders every which way, incl. making the AI defense better/worse and nothing works...I have been 5-3, 5-4, 4-4, 3-3, 3-4, 3-5 and nothing...all I need is 1 penalty shot and I know that I will score but I can't seem to get it as the AI just will not get called.

I think that it is cheap that if I am in the act of shooting and they foul me I should get a penalty shot regardless of penalty type...

twopolarbears
04-12-2007, 04:46 AM
I played for four hours tonight, had one penalty shot come up, and my wife couldn't get the goalie out of the way. That happened int he first 30 minutes. After that, nothing. I had one shot so far, and didn't make it.