PDA

View Full Version : Idea On Achievement Difficulties

mclinton92
12-08-2007, 12:17 AM
hey i was browsing on another site and saw on each game it showed the games difficulty for achievements out of 10, just wondering do we have anything like that here?

i thought it was clever because a game might have 5 achievements equaling 1000 but might be impossible

Blackjaw x
12-08-2007, 12:59 AM
I always thought we should have that as well, until seriously thinking about it when seeing this thread.
It'd be too hard to accurately decide on a difficulty rating for a game.
Would it be based on skill needed or time needed, and wouldn't it get extra confusing if it had achievements in both categories?
People would always have conflict with ratings given to some games, and people will always find achievements for one game either much harder or much easier than other people.

I think the general grouping of games into "Easy 1000s" or "Difficult 1000s" is good enough.

Shinobi273
12-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Man this is becoming a weekly topic, please use the search feature. If you search in the feedback forum using the keywords, achievement and difficulty, you will get a bunch of threads just like this one. Use the advanced search, select the feedback forum in the window on the right side.

Scotian Bred
12-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Man this is becoming a weekly topic, please use the search feature. If you search in the feedback forum using the keywords, achievement and difficulty, you will get a bunch of threads just like this one. Use the advanced search, slecet the feendback forum in the window on the right side.

Oh Heel yeah .. this same topic has been brought up again and again .. but look at it this way .. does a game that has hard achievements not make you wannna play it ? if the mods end up putting this feature into the site then its only a plus i agree on that but stilll a game should be played if you want to play it no matter the achievement difficulty is.

mclinton92
12-08-2007, 04:54 AM
i searched but couldnt find. or even just an average time taker thing would get me good, like say bioshock, the actual game takes 10hrs around,

haha actually, it wouldnt work

Fonkey Monkey
12-08-2007, 04:57 AM
at first it seems like a good idea, but after thinking about it for a good 5 mins youll realize that there is no accurate way to judge a list. we have lists on how long a game takes, which i think is great.

KingGotenW
12-08-2007, 06:08 AM
the ratings are comments posted on forums. some people will complain the game is impossible(THP8) thats a 10. some people will say a game takes 2 minutes to 1000/1000 (avatar) thats a 1.

this is already in existence but in a different way.

Scotian Bred
12-08-2007, 07:27 AM
the ratings are comments posted on forums. some people will complain the game is impossible(THP8) thats a 10. some people will say a game takes 2 minutes to 1000/1000 (avatar) thats a 1.

this is already in existence but in a different way. Well your always gonna have people who complain thats its to hard and people who think its easy no matter how easy/hard a game is !

ZyNLeX
12-08-2007, 08:12 AM
We could just have a "Average Time Est" thingy. Like just have a estimated time on how long it will to complete a game. So instead of basically copying another site, we could have our own method.

If thats not good then I think the lists we already have on the forums is good enough..

Zee
12-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Why not have users vote on the difficulty. That way it averages out the time to 1000, the difficulty, and How the average person would feel the difficulty is.

she haunts me
12-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Why not have users vote on the difficulty. That way it averages out the time to 1000, the difficulty, and How the average person would feel the difficulty is.

That could work. That way the scores can even themselves out if some think its hard and others don't!

CovertDog
12-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Been discussed before. It comes down to time that mods would have to be put into it and all it would be is one persons opinion which would just lead to unhappy people if they felt they were missed lead.