PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an Award

Pez
12-09-2007, 01:14 AM
At the time of writing this, it could take a while to implement. Not because of the award, but because of what it would take to get the award(s).

Well anyways, onto my idea.

When/if we ever get things going with Video Achievement Guides (VAG's), then maybe we could give awards to the people who submit them for achievements?

I don't know, but maybe something along the lines of how the unknown achievement pictures work?

Bronze VAG award - 1 VAG submitted for 1 game.
Silver VAG award - 1 VAG submitted for 5 different games.
Gold VAG award - 1 VAG submitted for 10 different games.

What do you guys think?

~SS

Blackjaw x
12-09-2007, 01:18 AM
I don't see why not, they would be a great 'accompaniment' to the video achievement guides themselves.

Sanction
12-09-2007, 01:20 AM
I couldn't stop laughing after seeing VAG so many times, but great idea, I like it.

Pez
12-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah the VAG abbreviation is the best abbreviation this world has ever seen. ;)

~SS

Birky
12-09-2007, 01:24 AM
That is actually a really good idea. It would encourage people to make more of them seeing as they are practically non existent at the moment.

For those of you who don;t know what we are talking about have a looksies here...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6147

Minty
12-09-2007, 10:34 AM
We requested VAGs a while ago, like 3 or 4 months.

Still waiting for our first one to be submitted tho pretty much

Pez
12-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Like Birky said, it may encourage people to make them if we offered awards.

Just a suggestion though. :)

~SS

PerpetualHeaven
12-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Most people don't submit guides for the awards anymore. The majority who create the bulk of the guides, already have the award. The main problem is there isn't enough people with the technology to submit VAGs or if they do have it, they aren't active members or really don't want to take the time to make one.

Good idea, but there would be no point in creating an award that would result in minimal returns.

Zef
12-09-2007, 03:06 PM
You could just put videos into a regular achievement guide and get the same award as everyone else. Then no work needs to be done putting in a new award but everyone can still enjoy video guides with the added bonus of text as well (helpful for people with crap connections or people wanting to print off guides).

Having 100% video guides might not work for the reasons above, I'd find a regular guide with optional videos much more useful.