Alternative Suggestion to MS not allowing us to DELETE played games and achievements

ruck0

This is just a suggestion, but what if instead of adding a delete button (seeing MS doesn't want anything to do with that for some unknown reason). What if they categorizes your played games list that you can control. Ex: All games you play are in the generic main list of played games, from there you can move for example NHL 2K8, I rented it and don't like it, now we should be able to move it too a another catagory like rented games. As well as putting your favorite games like example Oblivion into your favorite list. As well as Live Arcade into there own list.

From there we should be able to get another options like a blog and 5 star rating that we as gamers can rate games and say something about them that other people can read or look up on your profile.

It's just a thought but if MS isn't willing to do something about adding a delete button then why don't they look into alternative ways we can control are played games list.

Or an alternative to what about an option that can disable achievments, EX: gears of war, you just started playing the game and you don't know for sure if you enjoy it or not, wammy you unlocked an achievment. Now before you unlock the achievement you get an option to unlock it yes or no. If you hit yes, its in your list. If you hit no, you don't get the achievement and your achievement list doesn't say anything about gears of war. But if you continue to play and another achievement is unlocked same thing yes or no, unless you hit yes the first time. But your played games list can say you've played it.

im willing to bet if they did that, it wouldnt be long before someone accidentally deleted gears of war or crackdown, a game that the spent months getting the achievements on, then there would be some hateful posts on here towards microsoft for ever giving up the option to delete our games. unless they also created a way for us to recover our games if we accidentally deleted them

im willing to bet if they did that, it wouldnt be long before someone accidentally deleted gears of war or crackdown, a game that the spent months getting the achievements on, then there would be some hateful posts on here towards microsoft for ever giving up the option to delete our games. unless they also created a way for us to recover our games if we accidentally deleted them

Here is an example.

Game Profile:

Gears of War - Delete. Press Delete.

Are you sure you want to delete Gears of War off your gamer profile? All achievements and gamerpoints will be lost and this process cannot be reversed. Proceed? Yes/No

If you still click yes then what else can MS do.

Here is the problem. Things like Gamerscore leagues and Old spice challenges would not be able to work very well if you could delete achievements.

Scenario:

I start a new 7 day Old Spice Challenge. I delete nhl 2k6, Avatar, NBA 2k6, Madden 06, and a few others right before I join it. First day of it, I decide to replay all of those games and score like 10k points in a single day and therefore created an severely unfair advantage and essentially just cheated.

End Scenario.

Deleting achievements is bad.

I think people have lost sight of the original suggestion.

The option to delete games from your list that have Zero Gamerscore..that's 0g, that way it doesn't have to deal with deleting achievements. Or they could just set it that from now on unless you unlock an achievement on a game it will not 'stick' to your profile.

e.g I played SOF the other day..it's unbearable... I switch it off with 0g and no achievements unlocked. It should auto disappear from my profile. I do not know what the logistics behind this potential feature are but I mean if it's doable I can see no problem with it?

That's a decent idea, however, if you haven't noticed XBL & xbox.com both are very slow as of lately, and I believe it is to due with the mass amount of people and all of the stuff it has to load. So now not only will it have to retrieve your friends GT / GS / Games Played / Motto / Status / Etc... but now has to also bring information such as the Bio / FOF / ... Now imagine adding another bit onto each persons profile futher extending all the bs it needs to load for me just to send my friend an invite / message.

I really don't need all the extra useless nonsense to further slow down XBL dashboard, and my overall Xbox experience.

If anything, I wish they would just implement a delete factor into games. If you have a 0 GS on any game, it should just simply be removed from your gamertag, which in a case like mine (and I'm sure several others as well) would allow everything run much quicker, and an added bonus, your GT won't take 3 years to recover from console to console. ( Having less information carrying around in your GT allows for a smaller file size, etc...)

Here is the problem. Things like Gamerscore leagues and Old spice challenges would not be able to work very well if you could delete achievements.

Scenario:

I start a new 7 day Old Spice Challenge. I delete nhl 2k6, Avatar, NBA 2k6, Madden 06, and a few others right before I join it. First day of it, I decide to replay all of those games and score like 10k points in a single day and therefore created an severely unfair advantage and essentially just cheated.

End Scenario.

Deleting achievements is bad.

I'm sure there would be a way to catch you. You could get away with it once im sure, but I guess if you want to cheat then thats your cup of tea. I hope you wouldnt decide to do that.

I agree. It's very annoying seeing Gears of War on my list when I only have 20 GS in it.

No, that's stupid. You earned achievements, that's what you have.

Deleting entire games and achievements is a stupid idea and I really don't see how putting them in different catergories helps either.

The only thing I think should be implemented as far as this topid goes is to allow us to delete those stupid XBLA trials that are demos and never should have been implemented into my played games in the first place. Because technically, I didn't play the game, I played a demo of the game (BTW, I know it's the real game with a block to keep you from advancing and earning achievements so nobody needs to come in and say "BUT! you DID play it;)")

It's considered a demo and therefore, should not show up on my gamercard.

The difference here is retail games which you had to have in your posession at one point to have it show up on your GT. It's your fault that you didn't get any achievements in it so, you really can't complain.