PDA

View Full Version : New award for donations?

Psycence
12-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Is there ever going to be a higher level of award for donators?

I think I'm currently at about $500 donated at the moment, is there a way we can scale the awards further?

jackanape
12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Maybe it should be a picture of Santa as a sign of your continued generosity to the site, ha ha! But seriously thanks for helping to keep this place going. I'd subscribe but the bills come first.

Zef
12-11-2007, 02:30 PM
It does make sense if people are going for the platinum subscriptions over longer periods, but rather than make new awards perhaps the levels could change, so instead of $1-50 it is $1-100 then $101- 250 then $251-500 and $500+. That would only take 10 months of subscription for a dedicated member.

Psycence
12-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Sounds like a plan zef, as I know the donation awards were created back in the dark ages of the site when subscriptions didn't exist and a 1 off donation of $500 would of been absurd.

Marx0r
12-11-2007, 11:14 PM
If the awards were made in the dark ages, then they should probably be retooled just because. I would say there should be a separate counter beneath the post rank, that operates in much the same way. People with no donation would be "Cheapskate", and it goes upward in much the same way.

P.S. I know I'm only bronze-level. I'm only 17 and I have barely any means of getting money into PayPal.

Zef
12-12-2007, 02:01 PM
I don't think people should be labelled a 'cheapskate' if they don't donate. Some people can't afford it or might not be able to use paypal, so that would be like calling someone in a wheelchair lazy because they took longer than everyone else in the 100m hurdles.

marcodecca
12-12-2007, 04:04 PM
$500!!!?!?!?!?! You crazy man. Thanks for the great contribution to help make this site that much better...

Psycence
12-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Yeah, we cant discriminate on people because they have not donated, I'm sure a large proportion of site users are of the younger age range who cannot afford to donate.

Marx0r
12-12-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't think people should be labelled a 'cheapskate' if they don't donate. Some people can't afford it or might not be able to use paypal, so that would be like calling someone in a wheelchair lazy because they took longer than everyone else in the 100m hurdles.

Um.. I was joking. But in my view, it's only fair to pay for a quality service. I've seen posts where people say that they're able to donate, but they're too cheap. I'm a third-party in this and it still aggravates me.

Cyrex
12-12-2007, 09:15 PM
while I'm guessing that minty and Webb didn't know that you have donated that much the only person who would have know would be Routine and minty and Webb and Krazie now make the awards so they probably didn't know you donated that much

Minty
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
We know whos subscribed for how long and can do the maths, but donations we dont see.

But there are a lot of people that have been donating for a year or so now, as well as making one offs. I know a lot of people have easily passed the $300 range now, so we do need to re-order it or sort some new awards.

Just to say thanks to all subscribers, it really is appreciated. And anyone that wants to donate or subscribe, click at the top. It does cost in the region of $350 + a month on servers alone, it doesnt just pay for our Aston Martin company cars :p

Adam Miller
12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
I think changing the scale would be best, also maybe there should be an award for getting a friend to subscribe. We know how much people love awards so it could be a help us to help you thing. :)

Vista
12-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, we cant discriminate on people because they have not donated, I'm sure a large proportion of site users are of the younger age range who cannot afford to donate.

Yep! Once I get my Debit card I should be able to fork over SOME Dough!

Jdm
12-12-2007, 10:26 PM
We know whos subscribed for how long and can do the maths, but donations we dont see.

But there are a lot of people that have been donating for a year or so now, as well as making one offs. I know a lot of people have easily passed the $300 range now, so we do need to re-order it or sort some new awards.

Just to say thanks to all subscribers, it really is appreciated. And anyone that wants to donate or subscribe, click at the top. It does cost in the region of $350 + a month on servers alone, it doesnt just pay for our Aston Martin company cars :p

You're Very Welcome, Mr. Minty.;)

I recently had a "PM Chat" with the Boss himself, RX. He said when he gets a chance, he will recount all the money that us Subscribers have been donating and update the Awards.

This conversation occurred when I was donating twice a month for some odd reason. So I told RX that I would just upgrade to a Gold Subscription.

The More Money, the More Power...:)

Minty
12-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I have spoken to RX and we will work on both reworking the awards and adding some new ones

Scotian Bred
12-14-2007, 01:39 AM
The donator award pic should be of cash sticking out of a piggy bank the more cash sticking out the more you donated .. instead of just having different colored dollar signs ... that would be sweet ! .. and has anyone thought of maybe making an award for having a specific number of refferals to the site .. after all the more members the more money .. ching ching ?

KingGotenW
12-14-2007, 01:55 AM
ok i got a few comments

#1 does subscribing contribute to donating?

#2 new award idea "map master" person who has donated 3+ amazing achievment contributing maps. no cut and pasting

#3 is there no other way to donate then paypal and credit card?

#4 instead of changing $1-50 to $1-100. just make one for $150-300. and then go on by $150's

#5 does the company car have "achievment whore" written on the side, with x360a on the front?

Scotian Bred
12-14-2007, 06:25 AM
ok i got a few comments

#1 does subscribing contribute to donating?

#2 new award idea "map master" person who has donated 3+ amazing achievment contributing maps. no cut and pasting

#3 is there no other way to donate then paypal and credit card?

#4 instead of changing $1-50 to $1-100. just make one for $150-300. and then go on by $150's

#5 does the company car have "achievment whore" written on the side, with x360a on the front?

Well i for one can anwser that subscribing does contribute towards what you donate since thats practically what subcribing means .. you are just donating on a regular basis .

Donating any other way could lead to all kinds of issues like .. "whoops lost your cheque or money order" among alot of other things.

I'm still liking my idea of the piggy bank with different amounts of cash sticking out of it, but this map master award sounds interesting.

And the company cars do have not have achievement whore written on the sides .. but when the alarms of the cars go off on them they say "Step away from the car .. you don't wanna mess with the owner of this beast" and each one has a 360 and a 32" HDTV in the trunk !

Minty
12-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Why the hell would I want a 360 in my DBR9!?!?!

Jdm
12-14-2007, 06:50 AM

^^^I would want a 360 in my DBR9!!!:p

If we get a few more Subscribers, then ALL the Admins. can have a DBR9.;)

Scotian Bred
12-14-2007, 06:50 AM

http://www.mavromatic.com/images/ASTON-MARTIN-DBR9.jpg

DBR9 eh i didn't even know what that was so i googled it and low and behold we finally got insight into the x360a.org company cars .. i likey .. we don't have cars like that in Canada or at least not in Nova Scotia .. one drive down one road here and the whole front end would get ripped off due to numerous potholes and wierd road bumps.

KingGotenW
12-14-2007, 10:18 PM
i would have my 360 hooked up to a tv. so when that traffic light turns red i got something to entertain me, until it turns green.

Cyrex
12-14-2007, 10:39 PM

while everyone except Krazie because i am guessing that he failed his drivers test too times to many or he just gave up after the 20th try :p. By the time he got his license he would have spent up all the money it take to buy one.

Minty
12-15-2007, 10:26 AM

Its made out of Carbon Fibre, so a 360 and TV would weigh about 10% of the car :p

Plus Webby cant drive. And if you think my company cars good, you should see RX's Veyron ;)

Blind x360a
12-15-2007, 03:16 PM
This Veyron??
http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/1006/31/pink_veyron.jpg

:p

Jdm
12-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Its made out of Carbon Fibre, so a 360 and TV would weigh about 10% of the car :p

Plus Webby cant drive. And if you think my company cars good, you should see RX's Veyron ;)

MmMmMm...Carbon Fiber...*Drools*

Thats true. The 360 would weigh the car down.:p

RX has a Yacht and a Veyron?:eek:

Scotian Bred
12-16-2007, 05:29 AM
well we all know the subscribers and the donaters don't give the site enough money to have even one car .. let alone one 360 each .. but all joking aside if you wanna see you fav site keep above the waterline then you will subscibe to it monthly like i do .. and hopefully you will recieve a piggybank award like me .. just ask me for some prototype pics if you like this piggybank award shiznit !!